Rells Wishes you all the best. Goodbye and Good Luck

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 rells

rells

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

http://www.eveonline...hreadID=1017167

I will make this short.

I have no need to play any online game with poeple like that. I don't need to have people threaten my daughter or any of that shit. If this is a game where pedophilia, sexual exploitation and so on are tolerated in the player base and people think it is fucking funny, then it is high time i bag it for good. Perhaps I cant choose who is in this game but that doesnt mean I have to subject myself to it.

I have given away all my stuff so dont fucking ask.

I have given 1 billion isk each to selected corp mates that I knew well. The remainder 5 billion I have donated to agony. In Kinakka station I put in over a dozen tech 2 ships and thousands of tech 2 mods in the equipment hangar for your enjoyment. I have contracted the rest of my stuff to Bamar. I have dropped my roles from the corp and within 48 hours i will nuke Rells.

I will then create another char so no one can use his name and then I am done.

There are so many beautiful and wonderful things in life that it actually bothers ME that I am upset at making this move. Its just a fucking video game and I shouldnt be upset about tossing it to the mountains and shooting it with my shotgun. :) But I am because I have put 5 years of my lifei n with Eve as my entertainment. Well it is time for me to move on. I cant shoot all those motherfuckers unless they break in my house (is it shaddenfreude to want that? ) but I can decide to spend my time doing something else.

I havent been able to purchase darkfall and I have resolved that if they dont answer my support requests I wont be playing that either so that about does it for me and MMOGs.

I wish you all the best of luck. Sorry about the class announcement and cancel but there are things that I will not subject myself and my family too. My wife is reading this now and sends her regards to you all as well. It has been interesting over the past 4 years and I wish everyone luck including all the students I have taught to PvP.

Goodbye

-- Robert Simmons Jr (a.k.a. Rells)
Founder of AGONY

#2 Tea

Tea

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Best wishes for the future

#3 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

Its a shame to see you go Rells. I wish you luck for the future, i an reading the posts, i hope ccp buck up their ideas because quite frankly if that was me i wouldnt put up with that either. Just wished i'd gotten to fly with you more, but thank you for your generosity. Hope you manage to pop on vent every so often just to say hi, even if you don't play i'm sure you will always be welcome. Again i wish you and your family all the best. Feline x

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#4 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

Its been a very rewarding 3 years playing with you. From the first time I took pvp-basic to joining Agony to helping you build up the best online group of friends I've played with. You made something very special when everyone said it couldn't be done and we'll still be here carrying on your legacy. 8) Hope we fight together again in another time and game world. :) o7
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#5 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

Sorry it had to end this way Rells; there's no excuse for behaviour like on that thread so I can completely understand why you would leave. Know that both Agony and Eve are poorer for your departure though. I'd like to thank you for the blood, sweat and tears you've put into Agony over the years. Personally speaking, I would've quit Eve a long time ago if I hadn't signed up for PVP-Basic and subsequently joined Agony. There have been ups and downs over the years, but I've enjoyed every minute of it; my greatest memories of Eve come from flying in gangs that you were FCing. I wish you all the best for the future with your wife and beautiful daughter; try not to let the cesspool fucktards get you down.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#6 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

Best of luck Rells. Setting Pthor & Kthor to personal -10 for the remainder of my eve career.

#7 Achille

Achille
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Sorry to see you go man.

#8 Copter_Pilot

Copter_Pilot

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

Rells, This whole situation saddens me deeply. Really. First, comments by kthor are completely inappropriate and anyone that doesn't see that should put a dunce cap on as well. I mean come on. Video gaming isn't just a game in today's world. Gaming has transformed into and is generally accepted as a social function. And how difficult it must be for you to simply ignore those comments about your kid. I can only imagine how it pierces your soul to hear that. As far as you leaving. I know nothing anyone else or I say will change your mind but you have put in an incomprehensible amount of time into your character and even more so into Agony. I'm proud to be a part of that and so are many others. Really, Agony feels more like family to me lately and that is largely due to you, Rells. So having said that, I beg you to just let your character expire for a while because you know what? Agony is gonna fuck up kthor for you (in-game) and after he decides that station hugging is not longer fun and after he moves out of venal. Please dude, don't let this guy get the best of you, there are a lot of good people that play Eve, believe me. After I've seen gaming communities deteriorate, i am happy to be a part of Eve and believe it is generally the best out there, despite those retards on EvE-O. Do NOT let those guys win bro. Reactive account after your emotions have calmed a bit. Enjoyed it and will carry on with or without you. All my best to you and family.
Posted Image

[link=http://www.eveavatars.com/?referral=Agony]Click to get your own animated avatar[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9181]BASIC-0120061900[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?61845]WOLFPACKS-020220081900 [/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?80228]BOMBERS-072620081600[/link]

#9 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

Dedicating so much time & effort on something always makes it difficult to let go. This is no different. I appreciate all the time you spent in making Agony into what it was/is/will be & as Sever said the legacy will continue. The friends you made are real & the game is not, so make sure to pop on vent from time to time. ;)

#10 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

Pity you had to run into that sort of abuse. Would love to see CCP do something for you. Here is wishing hope the best for you. I can't even get into the Darkfall order page. The person Simmons is still out there, hope he finds enjoyment out there somewhere.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#11 Ash

Ash

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

Rells, Taking my first PvP Basic, and joining Agony are two of the best decisions in eve I ever made. Thanks for making Agony what it is today. Good luck in your future endeavors. Eve won't be the same without you.
Posted Image

BASIC-0113071900

WOLFPACKS-2701071800

COVOPS-280720071200

Tactical noob Assassins! (TnA)

#12 rells

rells

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

@Public trolls reading our site

For the public reading this anyone that threatens my daughter in real life better fucking run.

@AGONY and Friends of Agony.

I wish all of agony good luck Rells will be dead in 10 hours. If I dont get banned first, LOL. Agony people are the greatest in this game and it has been a poleasure to fly with you all.

Directors have all of the passwords.

I have nothing more to say.

Goodbye.
Founder of AGONY

#13 Mystic

Mystic

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:32 AM

Rells sorry to hear this dude. To bad everything ended this way but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks for all your effort over the years and congrats on ahceiving what very few can. Best of luck.
I'm a simple man. I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.

#14 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

Take care Rells, will miss you lots.
Kerzack: Wish he wasn't a special olympic's kinda pilot but a kill is a kill!!!!!!

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

#15 killa_bee

killa_bee

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

o7
Posted Image

#16 Kaiman

Kaiman

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Take care Rells. Though I haven't had the chance to fly with you a lot I really enjoyed the gangs with you. I can't respect you higher for the great work you have done as I already do. Things like this should never happen, but unfortunately they do. I can understand how you feel about that. I wish you all the best man and as other's already said, come on Vent from time to time. o7

#17 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Rells ... fuck them ... you don't have to take them serious ... that's way they do what they do ... they don't know you and / or your family .... that's way it's best to not share too much from your personal live ... only where is the case ;) Best of luck, mate .
bla bla .. who the !@#% is reading this

#18 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

Rells, As I said on Eve-O, the guy is scum and unfortunately there are quite a few people like him. However, there are still pools of decent people who respect you and a general moral code in the game as well. Agony is a haven for those people and there are many others outside the corp as well. It's a shame the idiots and deviants have driven you to take this decision and Agony and Eve as a whole will be a lesser place for it. I owe my continued presence in Eve to you, Agony and the BASIC course I took back in early 2006. If you ever come back to Eve under an assumed name then would be good to catch up (would be good if you kept Rells on ice though). You should still have my RL email so do keep in touch. We have had some differences in the past but now I have a 2.5 year old of my own and another on the way, I think I have an idea of what you feel right now. Look after yourself matey. You always have a friend here. o7
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#19 Yabu K.

Yabu K.

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

Rells, its because of you I decided to join AGONY in the first place, and I think its probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in this game. You'll always have my respect and appreciation for what you've brought to the game and to the corp. I wish you the best of luck, and more than likely I'll see you in AGONY Darkfall style. Yabu K.

#20 Arkole Blake

Arkole Blake

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

http://www.eveonline...hreadID=1017167

The ~ 2 mins I spent glanceing over the replies in that thread were about 1m45s longer than I needed to remind me why I try to never post and/or read anything on an MMO's home forums.

/salute Rells, Good luck in your future endevors.
Posted Image

#21 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hey Rells, Even though I don't always agree with you, I am sorry to see you go, especially like this. I wish you didn't go as far as destroying your char and saying goodbye forever, but I do understand the sentiment. Good luck in whatever you endeavor in life and thank you for creating AU University for PVP n00bs like me to learn the ropes. DaDutchDude
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#22 Rackhir

Rackhir

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

o/ I'm sorry that you feel that eve and yourself have to be parted. Even more the way this has happened the last (?) couple of days/weeks. It has always been great to be in a class or a gang lead by Rells and you'll surely be missed among the eve players. Best wishes to you and your family. Regards, Rack.
BASIC-2103081800 - WOLFPACKS-053120081600 - ADVANCED-061420081600 - FLYBYS-2206081600

#23 Nero Prime

Nero Prime

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

What was said on E-O was completely unacceptable. And, as a father of 2, I can totally understand your reaction. I am sorry that I didn't get to know you better in game. I was looking forward to learning from your experiences. Best of luck in RL.
BASIC - 1810081800 (#1709)

A&W - 0271220081700 (Adv-Pvp #100 / Wolfpacks #16)

COVOPS - 1804090001 (Class Admin)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

-AB1TA

#24 Rutger Centemus

Rutger Centemus
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I might not always have agreed with your passionate views, but fully understand the sentiment. Still, it's saddening to see a veteran leave (especially after the events on eve-o). Best of luck and best wishes to you and yours. Regards, Rutger
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?99084]BASIC - 0612082100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?102488]Wolfpacks & Advanced - Turbo- 2712081700[/link]

#25 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Rells, I don't know if you're still reading, but goodbye and good luck. Thanks for all your work and I'm sorry things turned out the way they did with Eve and MMOGs for you. I'm very proud of the fact that as CEO you took time to personally grill me for my Basic and Intermediate PvP certs when I was having trouble finding an evaluator in my time-zone. cheers Baka
Posted Image