Photo

[QUESTIONS!] PvP University Q&A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#176 Silas

Silas

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

Just wanted to point out that the URLs in the Origional Post are either outdated or not working.

Thanks for pointing this out... Internal links did not transfer when we changed our forums recently.

The linked threads on the op are all stickied in the Enrollment forum, but until we can get the OP sorted:
Hopefully one of the PvP-U admins will fix the OP soon.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#177 xMcsigx

xMcsigx
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

hi hope u can help me i posted in time and paid the 20mill but dont see my name on the lists for the basic pvp class 19/20th i see the class is full now and cant see my name on any lists ,can u help ,and do i get a refund for the isk i paid ?

xMcsigx

Edit by Corywyn: Fixed

#178 xMcsigx

xMcsigx
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

thank you kind sir :) xMcsigx

#179 Knythawk

Knythawk
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hello. The next time a Covert Ops class opens up, I would love to participate in it. I am looking to better understand and master the skill of efficient locating of other ships in a solar system. Would I be in the right place to do that? Thanks!

#180 cr8r

cr8r

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hello. The next time a Covert Ops class opens up, I would love to participate in it. I am looking to better understand and master the skill of efficient locating of other ships in a solar system. Would I be in the right place to do that?

Thanks!

Right now the covops class is geared towards relatively new covops pilots, and the probing is fairly basic as far as instructions goes, but there are a few tips given.
cr8r

"Think of agony as a vine: quick to laydown some roots for nutrients, fairly resilient, but only truly thrive when there's nearby plants to strangle. " - Gizznit

Posted Image

BASIC - 1107091800

#181 Frankschtaldt

Frankschtaldt
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hi AU! o/ I've tried to find an answer to this question but I've either missed it or it isn't here (probably the former). To pass a course do I need to attend the roam part of it? I ask this because the most recent BASIC course that has been announced has the roam start at 5am Monday morning for me which is 2 hours before I start work. From what I've seen from other courses announced recently this seems to be pretty common. Will I receive credit for just attending the class and not the roam or should I wait and pray for a course at a more suitable time? Thanks, Frank

#182 Silas

Silas

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hi AU! o/

I've tried to find an answer to this question but I've either missed it or it isn't here (probably the former).
To pass a course do I need to attend the roam part of it?

I ask this because the most recent BASIC course that has been announced has the roam start at 5am Monday morning for me which is 2 hours before I start work.
From what I've seen from other courses announced recently this seems to be pretty common.

Will I receive credit for just attending the class and not the roam or should I wait and pray for a course at a more suitable time?

Thanks,

Frank

Hey

Students are considered graduated from the class (alumni) after the theory portion. The roam is just a "bonus", though an important (and fun) one in putting your new found knowledge into practical experience.
Alumni are welcome to attend any basic roam (as long as there's room in fleet and on TS), but we do prefer you to sign up in the associated thread so we have an idea of how big our fleet is going to be.

Details can be found in the [FAQ] After the Class thread:

I love you guys, do you think maybe I could fly with you again?!

Again you're in luck! Agony welcome alumni on all of our courses. Providing you have graduated a particular course already (i.e. you can't be an alumnus for a WOLFPACKS class if you've only taken BASIC), you can either sign up in the enrollment thread as usual (but adding that you are an alumnus), or just ask in the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY channel on the day. As long as we're not totally overwhelmed with students, we'll be more than happy to have you along with us!

Oh and the best part? You don't need to pay for the class again!

For more information on returning as an alumnus, read HERE. (NB if you have not yet been granted access to the PVP-BASIC articles you will not be able to view this page!)

Posted Image

#183 Frankschtaldt

Frankschtaldt
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

Thanks for the quick answer!

#184 eskapi

eskapi
  • Pip

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hey, I searched but couldn't find an answer. There is something written in the wiki about being at war status but I want to go sure. Is it ok to enroll at an Agony class, while being engaged in Faction Warfare? Greetz, eskapi

#185 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey,

I searched but couldn't find an answer. There is something written in the wiki about being at war status but I want to go sure.

Is it ok to enroll at an Agony class, while being engaged in Faction Warfare?

Greetz,
eskapi

Yes eskapi, however make sure you have your overview set up correctly and do NOT shoot at any members you are at war with who are also on the class.

As for being shot at by war targets while in fleet, you will not be able to be assisted by fleet members, so don't count on that.
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#186 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey,

I searched but couldn't find an answer. There is something written in the wiki about being at war status but I want to go sure.

Is it ok to enroll at an Agony class, while being engaged in Faction Warfare?

Greetz,
eskapi

Yes, its fine;

1) If you have standings, FW, war-decs, etc that will likely get you killed during the first part of the class then it is suggested/reccommended that you use an alt for the first part in hi-sec (or you can come in your pod, but its not nearly as good as actually flying your ship). This is primarily for people who have standings issues with concord or the empire faction near where the class will be held but if there are war targets active near the class area it applies just as much. It's less than a couple days to train a T1 fit rifter.

2) The roam should be in 0.0 with brief travel throw low-sec, so faction war & war decs isn't usually a problem for the fleet. If necessary try to stage in the low sec system next to the hi-sec point of departure. It does make it harder to get your ships & clone ready for the roam. Usually other students or local markets suffice, but plan ahead and get your extra ships to a station nearby and accessible (preferably with a medical facility in case you get podded back to the station).

EDIT: 3) and as aluchem says, you can NOT shoot other fleet members even if they are a war target. On that topic when in fleet you should not shoot ANYTHING that the FC doesn't tell you to shoot. If you have to run/go through a gate/warp off to avoid a fight that's fine. Again, if you feel it will interfere then attend using an alt.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#187 eskapi

eskapi
  • Pip

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for your answers. If I manage to enroll, I will choose tactics accordingly. Greetz

#188 VenUri

VenUri

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

#189 Starp Kroakar

Starp Kroakar
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Time Check

#190 Smantis

Smantis

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

Hey there

When does the reading material normally become available after registrations have closed?

I am still getting a permission error on certain pages. e.g. this->> 0.0 Navigation

Cheers
smantis

#191 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

Normally the reading materials are unlocked the weekend before the class takes place.

#192 Vorew

Vorew
  • Pip

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

0/ Hai Guys! Quick question, the there going to be a second Basic's class offered this month? Cheers! Vorew

#193 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

0/ Hai Guys! Quick question, the there going to be a second Basic's class offered this month?

Cheers!
Vorew

Nope, maybe one in a month or two but considering how slowly the last few Basics filled I assume that the market is more or less saturated right now and we will focus on the more advanced classes.

#194 Vorew

Vorew
  • Pip

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

0/ Hai Guys! Quick question, the there going to be a second Basic's class offered this month?

Cheers!
Vorew

Nope, maybe one in a month or two but considering how slowly the last few Basics filled I assume that the market is more or less saturated right now and we will focus on the more advanced classes.

I see, thanks for the answer... =)

#195 Dreadeye

Dreadeye
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ho Agony Is it possible to attend to just 1 of the days of the basic course? Either Class og Roam, and is it required to do Roam before class? / Dreadeye

#196 Silas

Silas

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Ho Agony

Is it possible to attend to just 1 of the days of the basic course? Either Class og Roam, and is it required to do Roam before class?

/ Dreadeye

We consider our students BASIC graduates (alumni) after finishing the class portion of the class. The roam is "just" a bonus. Unless the signup thread says otherwise all BASIC alumni are welcome to attend any BASIC roam, as long as there is room left. This means that you can attend the class and postpone the roam to a later date. We do not, however, allow you to attend a roam until you have graduated the class part.

Posted Image

#197 Dreadeye

Dreadeye
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Ho Agony

Is it possible to attend to just 1 of the days of the basic course? Either Class og Roam, and is it required to do Roam before class?

/ Dreadeye

We consider our students BASIC graduates (alumni) after finishing the class portion of the class. The roam is "just" a bonus. Unless the signup thread says otherwise all BASIC alumni are welcome to attend any BASIC roam, as long as there is room left. This means that you can attend the class and postpone the roam to a later date. We do not, however, allow you to attend a roam until you have graduated the class part.

Ok.
Thx alot Silas

#198 Leonidas Tokugawa

Leonidas Tokugawa

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Does anyone every read...or better yet...answer their notifications or EVE Mail ... I should have just registered for class but have missed 3 so far I would have liked because I can't get responses.
BASIC-20110902 | KISS CLUB | ROOKIESHIPSWARM-20120401
WOLFPACKS-20110917 | ADVANCED-20111216 | FLYBYS-20120324

Agony Lectures
Basic Fleet Command Seminar | Bubbles in 0.0 | Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP | Small Ship PvP | Soloing for Success

Posted Image

#199 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

If I might ask, who were you messaging? Enrollment is handled on the forums through dedicated signup threads.

#200 Leonidas Tokugawa

Leonidas Tokugawa

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Yes I know that. I have registered and know the procedures well. What was asked was sent in the manner they were so they would not be public and the response would have given time too make arrangements. This is not a one time event nor a single person...but a recurring theme over time.
BASIC-20110902 | KISS CLUB | ROOKIESHIPSWARM-20120401
WOLFPACKS-20110917 | ADVANCED-20111216 | FLYBYS-20120324

Agony Lectures
Basic Fleet Command Seminar | Bubbles in 0.0 | Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP | Small Ship PvP | Soloing for Success

Posted Image