Photo

[QUESTIONS!] PvP University Q&A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#151 Crash69

Crash69
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

I signed up for this class: Course Code: BASIC-20100702 Time and Duration Class: July 2nd @00:30 (approx 4 hours, allow 5) This is Thursday evening NA time. Roam: July 3rd @21:00 (4 hours +) Saturday afternoon NA time. This class is on Friday, right? (00:30 so very early friday morning). Also, I want to make sure to show up on time - which North American time zone are you referring to?
Crash69 - Crash69 (AGONY)

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11069-closed-pvp-basic-july-2nd-0030-roam-july-3rd-2100/]BASIC-20100702[/link],[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/14179-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-16-april-1600/] WOLFPACKS-20110416[/link]

#152 Silas

Silas

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

I signed up for this class:

Course Code: BASIC-20100702
Time and Duration
Class: July 2nd @00:30 (approx 4 hours, allow 5) This is Thursday evening NA time.
Roam: July 3rd @21:00 (4 hours +) Saturday afternoon NA time.

This class is on Friday, right? (00:30 so very early friday morning). Also, I want to make sure to show up on time - which North American time zone are you referring to?

Quoting myself from the BASIC-20100702 signup thread:

The times in this thread are listed in EVE time which is the same as GMT.

When Azual says NA time in the OP he is referring to all the NA timezones collectively, not one in particular.
To clarify...
00:30 Friday July 2nd in EVE-time equals:

* 20:30 Thursday July 1st in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
* 19:30 Thursday July 1st in CDT (Central Daylight Time)
* 18:30 Thursday July 1st in MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
* 17:30 Thursday July 1st in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#153 manxome

manxome
  • Pip

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I was unable to attend thursday nights Basic Course, at the last minute. What happens now? Do I get the isk back? Or can I use it like a deposit for the next one?

#154 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

I was unable to attend thursday nights Basic Course, at the last minute.
What happens now?
Do I get the isk back?
Or can I use it like a deposit for the next one?

Up to you - we can hold it as credit for a future class (although you'd still need to sign up as usual, you just wouldn't need to pay), or we can refund your Isk.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#155 Fantos Keen

Fantos Keen
  • Pip

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

I cannot find anywhere a thread for upcoming classes. If there are upcoming classes, can you link the thread here? If none have been scheduled, can you give an idea when new enrollment will begin?
::squirrel::

#156 Gavin

Gavin

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

From what I've seen based on having watched these forums for about 6 months now, they usually have only posted a thread about an upcoming class at most 2-3 weeks before the class. I seem to remember them having a longer term plan posted back at the first of the year, but I think things probably got a little busy. There's a mailing list in game; sign up for it and they'll announce there as well as the forums.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

BASIC 20100702 <|> WOLFPACKS 20100828 <|> ADVANCED 20110102

COVOPS 1909101800 <|> SKIRMISH - 20110129

#157 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:25 AM

Classes are posted as instructors and support staff become available. If an instructor knows he's available months ahead of schedule and we can get a few people to sign up to assist, then we'll post a class as soon as we know. Often though, an instructor won't know if he's available until a couple of weeks prior, so we gather a few names for scouts, skirmishers, etc. and post a class as late as a week or two prior. Instructors and Agony support pilots are real people with real lives/jobs/families etc. so we do the best we can to give as much notice as we can. We try really hard to NOT cancel classes, so it's vitally important that we make sure it can be properly staffed before we post the thread. In all my time in Agony, I think we've only cancelled one class (because an instructor became ill and we couldn't get a replacement). You just need to keep watching the forums and sign up to the AU_PVP_CLASSES mailing list in game.
Posted Image

#158 Colonel Dax

Colonel Dax
  • Pip

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Why didn't you ever change the new basic PVP thread to OPEN? You closed it without ever opening it - and WE'RE supposed to follow the enrollment instructions to the letter. unsat - AU FAIL

#159 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

Dax, it was open. It closed after approximately 15 minutes. I would suggest that, in the future, you check the thread and time stamps, they may answer these "questions" before you have to publicly voice them. I would also point out that for most people who use our forums, that they cannot post in a locked thread, ergo, logically the thread must have been opened to have garnered all those sign ups. I hope I've been able to answer any questions you might have had and dispelled any misconceptions you may have had.
"Who the F is this knob?"

#160 Colonel Dax

Colonel Dax
  • Pip

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

the thread heading went from [ANNOUNCEMENT] to [CLOSED] without displaying [OPEN]. Find out who normally changes it to OPEN and I believe they will confirm that they failed/forgot to do it. Yes, the thread was accepting posts but during that time from about 1800 to 1815 the thread heading didn't say [OPEN] as your instructions purport. I am not harboring misconceptions about this, I was there and loaded the page multiple times.

#161 Iakop

Iakop

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

I had some good time with friends at that time ( one who happens to be a corpie and another player ) who wanted to enroll too. I set an alarm on my clock as my friends did, we had pretyped posts, so once it opened we just had to ctrl-v and still ended up on page 2. As the friend said:"Its like getting a place for a practicum at university: 10 minutes after opening is just too late" Edit: didn't actually looked for a title change, just at the 'lock' sign.

#162 Hydrow76

Hydrow76
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:15 AM

I did the basic class with Hydrow76 can i still enroll an alt in the wolfpack? Thanks
BASIC-20100306

#163 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:35 PM

I did the basic class with Hydrow76 can i still enroll an alt in the wolfpack?

Thanks

Yes. We use your AGONY forum name for tracking previous classes (not your in game character name). You can sign up whichever "alt" you like to attend the class in game as long as you signup with the same Agony forum account.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#164 Hydrow76

Hydrow76
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

Thanks!
BASIC-20100306

#165 Major 7th

Major 7th

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

For the covops class, this toon (Maj 7th) has the prereq class credits but I have an alt that has a vastly superior skill set for cov ops purposes. Any problem signing up with this one and using the alt? -sorry if this has been addressed before, i couldnt find the answer_

#166 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

For the covops class, this toon (Maj 7th) has the prereq class credits but I have an alt that has a vastly superior skill set for cov ops purposes. Any problem signing up with this one and using the alt? -sorry if this has been addressed before, i couldnt find the answer_

Yes; you can attend with your alt. We identify you by your agony-unleashed forum name; not your in-game character name. As I said above:

I did the basic class with (one character) can i still enroll an alt (a different character) in the wolfpack?

Thanks

Yes. We use your AGONY forum name for tracking previous classes (not your in game character name). You can sign up whichever "alt" you like to attend the class in game as long as you signup with the same Agony forum account.

(this is assuming you register properly before enrollment fills and have all the prerequisites for the class.)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#167 Major 7th

Major 7th

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:21 AM

Lol, I deserve a severe groin clubbing for asking that question immediately after it was answered. :@ Soz, and thx for the reply... again.

#168 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:14 AM

Lol, I deserve a severe groin clubbing for asking that question immediately after it was answered. :@
Soz, and thx for the reply... again.

No worries; this thread is 9 pages long so repeat questions are common. Just makes it so I have to type less if I hit the quote button and copy/paste.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#169 Hitomi Baka

Hitomi Baka
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

how often are basic classes run? is it just wen you feel like it? or a set schedual? id like to take as many classes as possable :)

#170 cr8r

cr8r

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

how often are basic classes run? is it just wen you feel like it? or a set schedual?

id like to take as many classes as possable :)

There is no set schedule. They are scheduled as the instructors find time in their schedule between balancing corp obligations, RL obligations, bouts of burn out, and of course, the reason we in Agony play... pew pew pew. The instructors make nothing from doing the classes and all the admin time and the support required to run the class make it somewhat difficult to organize a complete class staff to handle everything on the same day/weekend.
cr8r

"Think of agony as a vine: quick to laydown some roots for nutrients, fairly resilient, but only truly thrive when there's nearby plants to strangle. " - Gizznit

Posted Image

BASIC - 1107091800

#171 Casod S.

Casod S.
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

I just noticed that the covops class that I've signed up for is in Esa, which is in Amarr space, and not in Gallente space where Agony used to be based. I have a standing of less than -4 with Amarr. Do faction standings work like security status (so the navy would shoot me if I am in an Amarr system with sec status of 0.6 or higher), or is it an absolute cutoff (so I would be safe as long as I don't let my Amarr standing drop below -5)?
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/7867-closed-pvp-basic-7-nov-1600/]BASIC-20091104[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/8778-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-19-20-jan-2000/]WOLFPACKS-20100119[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9701-closed-pvp-advanced-march-26th-27th/]ADVANCED-2603102400[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS-281101800[/link]

#172 Iakop

Iakop

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

As long as your standings do not drop under -5 the navy will not shoot you (i can enter amarr with my standings without problem).

#173 Beanard

Beanard
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

I understand the policy on alts. Alumni are expected to help with extra duties. Is this required? After taking the classes before, real life got in the way and play time became severely limited and I didn't get any pvp practice (any real playtime actually) and feel my real skills are lacking. Now that I am playing regular again I want to take the class and roam portion of the upcoming classes on my main but do not want to be a freeloader.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183632]BASIC-20100306[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183633]WOLFPACKS-1203102200[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?185995]ADVANCED-2603102400[/link]

#174 Silas

Silas

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

I understand the policy on alts.
Alumni are expected to help with extra duties. Is this required?

After taking the classes before, real life got in the way and play time became severely limited and I didn't get any pvp practice (any real playtime actually) and feel my real skills are lacking.

Now that I am playing regular again I want to take the class and roam portion of the upcoming classes on my main but do not want to be a freeloader.

One of the privileges of being an alumni is that you can retake the class as a refresher as you are indicating here. Keep in mind that the Q&A portion of the classes etc. is reserved for first timers, so let them answer first etc. Helping out with the roam is encouraged but not a hard requirement as far as I am aware. I would note the fact that you are rusty in your sign up thread just to be safe.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#175 Razires

Razires

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Just wanted to point out that the URLs in the Origional Post are either outdated or not working.
[BASIC-20110319|ROAM-20110327|PVP-ADVANCED-20110515]
qui tacet consentire videtur ubi loqui debuit ac potuit