Photo

[QUESTIONS!] PvP University Q&A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#126 snapshot1406

snapshot1406
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

i was reading and... i dont see anywhere where you advertise your specialty courses like covops and things like that. i mean im ready for those courses but i have friends who might.

#127 Azual

Azual

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

We advertise them in the same place, they are just less common.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#128 Vengencce

Vengencce
  • Pip

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Was wondering, since there is no WOLFPACK schedualed for the near future and I am very eager to learn and get into PVP, Could I pay in advance and get access to the material so I can take my time learning all the material? Thanks.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?174007]BASIC-20100116
[/link]

#129 Azual

Azual

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Was wondering, since there is no WOLFPACK schedualed for the near future and I am very eager to learn and get into PVP, Could I pay in advance and get access to the material so I can take my time learning all the material? Thanks.

I'm afraid we don't offer this service. However, it's likely that there will be a Wolfpacks class in February, I just haven't finalised it yet.
Posted Image

#130 tuade2

tuade2
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

I am enrolled in the basic class today. I am looking for the vent info but I am having trouble locating it I found info from the middle of last year but not sure if its the same. I read the wiki are you now doing in game voice chat or still using Vent? Thanks

#131 Jensk

Jensk
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

I am enrolled in the basic class today. I am looking for the vent info but I am having trouble locating it I found info from the middle of last year but not sure if its the same. I read the wiki are you now doing in game voice chat or still using Vent?

Thanks

Here you go!

:D
Ad Astra!
Posted Image
Jensk @Facebook @Twitter
BASIC-20100130
[Former E-UNI BG-III S3 CO]

#132 aza

aza
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

WHere can I get course material for upcoming 5/6th March PVP Basic? Paid and confirmed AZA - AZAXXX- (VENDO)
aza-azaxxx (Vendo)
ALUMINI
[link=hyperlink url]http://www.agony-unleashed.com[/link]
BASIC-20100306
WOLFPACKS- 1203102200

#133 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Start reading the rest of the articles, browse the PVP-Basic forum - The PVP-Basic articles can be found HERE.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#134 enik3

enik3
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

I'm interested in taking your next PVP Basic class but I have a couple of questions that I don't see covered in the FAQs. 1. I see Agony Unleashed people and members of my corp on each others' killboards a fair amount. Can I still take a class with you guys? Or do you not train people you occasionally engage with? 2. If I can take a class, what happens if I encounter corp mates during the roam? Would I be expected to fight them?

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com//e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?189530]BASIC-20100417[/link]

#135 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

I'm interested in taking your next PVP Basic class but I have a couple of questions that I don't see covered in the FAQs.

1. I see Agony Unleashed people and members of my corp on each others' killboards a fair amount. Can I still take a class with you guys? Or do you not train people you occasionally engage with?

2. If I can take a class, what happens if I encounter corp mates during the roam? Would I be expected to fight them?

1. We don't care, we'll train whoever.

2. If you run into someone who's blue just individually warp yourself away from the fight, or just don't open fire on your friendlies.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#136 Azual

Azual

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

1. I see Agony Unleashed people and members of my corp on each others' killboards a fair amount. Can I still take a class with you guys? Or do you not train people you occasionally engage with?

If we can raise the standard of our opponents, that it turn pushes our own standard up. Seems like win-win to me.
Posted Image

#137 enik3

enik3
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

If we can raise the standard of our opponents, that it turn pushes our own standard up. Seems like win-win to me.

That's a great philosophy. And one of the reasons why my long term goal is to talk to a recruiter when I've built up my SP and gained more experience in 0.0

You seem like you have a great approach to the game.

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com//e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?189530]BASIC-20100417[/link]

#138 Inden_Daark

Inden_Daark
  • Pip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

Has the schedule for April been concluded as I can't find when the next PVP-Basic class is going to happen? Apologies if I'm being dumb.

#139 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

Has the schedule for April been concluded as I can't find when the next PVP-Basic class is going to happen? Apologies if I'm being dumb.

April schedule is not up yet. There won't be anything the first weekend of April.

#140 Azual

Azual

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

We're looking at a Basic probably mid April, and then classes resuming regularly again in May. Details soon ™.
Posted Image

#141 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Just wanted to be clear; do we need to show up for the first day of class in a jump clone? I assume day 1 will be hi-sec, but this may be the first 2-day format Advanced class given so I thought I'd check.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#142 Azual

Azual

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

Just wanted to be clear; do we need to show up for the first day of class in a jump clone?

I assume day 1 will be hi-sec, but this may be the first 2-day format Advanced class given so I thought I'd check.

You aren't likely to be podded during day 1 (the format works in the same way as Basic).
Posted Image

#143 HAMMERSWIFT

HAMMERSWIFT
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

i have a ? im a 13millsp pvp noob i know that the uni offers coures but does the corp in game offer training to those that wish to join it if they can? any info on the ingame corp will be helpful thx i have read and understood the agony joining link and i understand that no apps are being taken for the us est atm nut i just wanted to get some info
[link=http://agony-unleashed.com//e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?189530]BASIC-20100417[/link] the Thanatos killers

#144 Azual

Azual

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

i have a ? im a 13millsp pvp noob i know that the uni offers coures but does the corp in game offer training to those that wish to join it if they can?

any info on the ingame corp will be helpful thx
i have read and understood the agony joining link and i understand that no apps are being taken for the us est atm nut i just wanted to get some info

Agony as a corp and the PVP University are two seperate entities (the PVP Uni is in a way a side project of the Agony Unleashed corp).

While the PVP Uni provides classes to players who are new to PVP, Agony itself is not a training corp. Our recruiting standards are quite high, and while we do (obviously) devote energy to training our own recruits, they are expected to be self-sufficient and to drive their own learning pretty much from day 1.

If you want to learn to PVP, our classes are a good choice. Alternatively there are many PVP alliances which have dedicated training corps, many of which are worth a look.

Agony does recruit inexperienced pilots from time to time, but generally only those who show a great deal of potential - it's the exception, not the rule.
Posted Image

#145 Aether

Aether

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

i have a ? im a 13millsp pvp noob i know that the uni offers coures but does the corp in game offer training to those that wish to join it if they can?

any info on the ingame corp will be helpful thx
i have read and understood the agony joining link and i understand that no apps are being taken for the us est atm nut i just wanted to get some info

We don't have a skill point limit for acceptance, but generally prefer our applicants to have some measure of prior pvp history. Our recruiters do take this into consideration when reviewing applications.

If you have very little no pvp experience, sign up for our classes, after you have taken them you can come to class roams as an alumni for free, and you can also try out factional warfare or Red vs Blue for an intro.
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#146 HAMMERSWIFT

HAMMERSWIFT
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

thank you for the info and i will sign up for next basic class when it comes around
[link=http://agony-unleashed.com//e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?189530]BASIC-20100417[/link] the Thanatos killers

#147 5tann

5tann
  • Pip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

HI AU I signed up here with the name of my alt, because the name of my main was to long, If i sign up for a PVP class and want to use my main is this going to cause a problem? thx Stan edit ok I think I have just answered my own question forum name - char name (corp ticker)

#148 Silas

Silas

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

edit ok I think I have just answered my own question forum name - char name (corp ticker)

Exactly :D

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#149 [BDEAL] B1ade

[BDEAL] B1ade

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

i want to know what agonys position is on the topic of watermelons. i mean, they are nice and everything, but a seed could get stuck in your throat or something. I dont like death IRL.
PVP Basic Grad School of 2006
Ex Agony 2006-2007

Posted Image

#150 Hammereds

Hammereds

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

overall, we're fans.