Photo

BoB's....gone?!?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#51 Tea

Tea

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Shame stuff like this happens first, then people start thinking.

Shame stuff like this happens twice.

Not the first time this has happened, and that is just the publicly known ones...

#52 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Evolution, Black Eclipse Corp, Finfleet, Reikoku, Black Nova Corp are now in Kenzoku Alliance. I expect Destructive Influence to follow suit in the comming hours.

Kenzoku... "Family"? Yeah... it means Family, specifically those dependent on a head of household, and refers to the household as a whole.

Damn my Japanese sucks.

Henceforth "bob" shall now be known as "kenny" !lol
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#53 Tank Charlie

Tank Charlie

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

OMG!! You killed Kenny! You bastards!

[/southpark]

#54 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

OMG!! You killed Kenny! You bastards!

[/southpark]

Exactly! It works doesn't it? :)
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#55 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Eh.. the bob people I talk to wouldn't be doing "damage" control. They would be saying straight up whether or not its devastating or not. (Talking friends here, not just random people). Granted there are those upset by it.. But a lot of them welcome it. It is going to be a blast at least from my perspective. Round-the-clock gangs fighting off the 10's of 100's of alliance that think they can come cherry pick some of bobs space. Goons were assholes about it all too. Not only did they kick the alliance, and steal the name, they also wardecced the corps in an attempt to lock them out from joining a new alliance for 24 hours. As was said by the bob director.. If the goons can't take bob out now.. then they really do fail. So it is going to be an exciting few months of watching to see how it all goes down.
Jack Cannon > good luck with that... think you'll have to fight agony in their frig blobs for it
WarGod > smart bombs man!!
Jack Cannon > we've tried that
Jack Cannon > they have a low effectiveness rating

#56 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

Eh.. the kenny people I talk to...

Fixed! There is no bob :P
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#57 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

There will always be a bob. Just like there will always be a goon.
Jack Cannon > good luck with that... think you'll have to fight agony in their frig blobs for it

#58 Aether

Aether

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

[quote name='Weeks]Kenzoku... "Family"? Yeah... it means Family' date=' specifically those dependent on a head of household, and refers to the household as a whole.[/quote']

quoting one of the CAOD posters as i thought he/she really hit the nail on the head:
"So it's a anime nerd way of saying 'band of brothers' ok gotcha."
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#59 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

There will always be a bob. Just like there will always be a goon.

The bob is a lie
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#60 Tea

Tea

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

bob is now kenny, goons are now cartman

#61 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

and everyone <3s kenny and hates cartman. Thats fair :) p.s. the aether stop putting liquid ozone on the market in hemin. You made my wallet go blinky like two or three times today from people using corp wallet to buy fuel :P

#62 Sanfrey

Sanfrey

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Had a giggle in the BoB forums.. agony empire

Scared? But don't worry. Apparently IRON are the worst FCs I seen in 2 years of the game. Absolutely fucking shit in everyway. *Fakes tears!*

Wow my classes were so long ago the link stopped working. Look I took a bunch of them ok? It was a long time ago. Just trust me on it.
Radioactive cats have 18 half lives. (Unless in a box, in which case they have half a chance of having no half lives.) 

#63 Jaepee Dee

Jaepee Dee

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

That's... embarrassing.

#64 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

lol at rellls.

#65 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:36 AM

At any rate they sound pretty afraid

Terrified. Mortified. Petrified. Stupefied... by you.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#66 Ecatherina W

Ecatherina W

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Had a giggle in the BoB forums.. agony empire

Scared? But don't worry. Apparently IRON are the worst FCs I seen in 2 years of the game. Absolutely fucking shit in everyway. *Fakes tears!*

Yeah, that was a LOL, San - especially the "Usually we don't have blues, but we don't mind making an exception with BoB" line. Tbh, I understand. Being blue with BoB when BoB is big in the area seems like a smart move.

Too bad that it sort of does deflate the "Agony has no blues" meme.

Kath
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10650]BASIC-0302071900[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?13238]WOLFPACKS-2402071800[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?35797]FLYBYS-2707072000[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?49388]COVOPS-201020072100[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED-050320081900[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?75136]CAPSUPPORT-070620081600[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?80228]PVP-BOMBERS-072620081600[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?81123]DRUNKEN-PVP-1207081600[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?100002]FLEET COMMAND - 1512080200[/link]

***** Lucifer's Handmaiden *****

Dromedary Goat Albatross and Fish - because we DGAF!

[link=http://www.bbq-alliance.com/forum/index.php]BBQ Forum About Everything Eve[/link]

#67 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, that was a LOL, San - especially the "Usually we don't have blues, but we don't mind making an exception with BoB" line. Tbh, I understand. Being blue with BoB when BoB is big in the area seems like a smart move.

Too bad that it sort of does deflate the "Agony has no blues" meme.

Kath

Technically we were never actually blue with them, we eventually just agreed to cycle our cyno jammer to help them out in exchange for them leaving our towers alone: *clicky* :-P

We both still engaged each other with conventional gangs when the chance arose (which wasn't very often, as they spent most of their time hammering POS towers).

Anyway, I for one welcome our new Kenny overlords.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#68 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

^^^ Good boy loon :0

#69 Tea

Tea

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Cartman sucks, long live kenny!

#70 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

^^^ woots

#71 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

No worries about Bob/KenZoku. All they did was steal a small amount of isk and a handful of capitals. The name is gone for now, but will ultimately be given back since stealing a name for the sake of grief is not allowed. The only things the goons have really accomplished is pulling out of their home systems, which they will lose in short order. When we hold Delve for the next twenty six days the fight will continue until we have obliterated our enemies. All in all, it will be a blast the next two months. :) Lose us or hate us, we always bring it. :) Serj/Ykatni
Posted Image

#72 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:32 AM

^^^ I blame the hair for what happened to bob :P

#73 Discipline

Discipline

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

No worries about Bob/KenZoku. All they did was steal a small amount of isk and a handful of capitals. The name is gone for now, but will ultimately be given back since stealing a name for the sake of grief is not allowed.

The only things the goons have really accomplished is pulling out of their home systems, which they will lose in short order. When we hold Delve for the next twenty six days the fight will continue until we have obliterated our enemies.

All in all, it will be a blast the next two months. :)

Lose us or hate us, we always bring it. :)

Serj/Ykatni

Your avatar is win
Posted Image

#74 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

One thing that most have started noticing is that Haargoth has not spoken. He was in Canadian boot camp and afg for a few months. It is awfully ironic that he has not been heard from my anyone in game. All that has been provided is chat logs and all mp3's state that he didn't have a microphone, whijch is convenient. We will not know for another week or two to determine if this was in fact Haargoth. From the people I have chatted with inside of BoB very few of them really believed he did it in the beginning, but some are on the fence. As time has been passing more and more are starting to think it was him, but normally when the goons are involved they would make sure there was some form of substantiated proof. Not this time though..... I did not know him, but he was well liked and got along with everyone. It just doesn't feel right, but we will not know until a couple of Canadian military drilll sergeants can track him down to see if he is a "Blue Falcon". I have heard that several people are looking for him to get verification of what transpired. He supposedly doesn't have internet access in bootcamp. I think someone hacked an account that he also used the same username/password for his Eve login, at least that's my opinion.
Posted Image

#75 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

A couple of people have chatted with Haargoth in game and in rl, so he did it. Naturally everyone wants to scream at the moon that a single player within one click of a button was able to destroy an alliance's name when it takes 24 hours for sometime be able to lock down a bpo by a vote, even if you own ALL shares. What comes next will be the largest war that eve has ever seen up to this point. By pos spamming hundreds of moons we will have to retake large parts of our regions if not all of them. Some unusual allies have came forward to help us with the problem, since goons are parading around saying they defeated us. The reality is that an emo BNC director with a director alt in the executor alliance did it for them with a single click of a button. A good portion of the community hates us for this or that, but the grim reality is that we always pick fights. We don't pick fights to be mean, but to get pvp out of the event. Sometimes we manufacture campaigns to get fights, so it is normal BoB MO to stir the pot to say the least. The interesting part is that a good number of goons posting on scrapheap and kugutsmen have voiced disdain in what their leader did with Haargoth. Victory doesn't taste as good as it should without fighting for it. By one single click they managed to destroy the name of an alliance, which may be only a name but it meant a lot for the players in the alliance. Everyone is oiling up their chainsaws, because this time around we have to conquer our own space back because of piss poor game mechanics. Would we have paid a spy to disband goonswarm, albeit we despise them from the GNW and their general asshat behavior, probably not. We want fights and not bullshit. If I were you I would move to the SE region near Delve, which where most of Eve will be defending Delve from BoB. It should make an interesting next year or so. Anyhow, I owed you guys a status update. :) Serj/Ykatni
Posted Image