Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#27 Aether

Aether

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

if goons used legitimate ingame mechanics to dissolve BoB then i find the whole thing rather funny, just the way they took their revenge on entity that claimed that there are no Goons ... this particular mechanic needs to be fixed however because it is way too much damage for one person to do if they used illegitimate methods like hacking into BoB director's account then that sucks and I feel very sorry for CCP employees who will have to resolve this very delicate issue that has the potential to piss off a lot of players
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#28 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

I'd have to say that CCP have got themselves a real dilemma. If they fix the broken mechanic and help BoB, it will be "Devs are BoB" all over again. If they don't then there's a seriously broken mechanic that's a potential Alliance Doomsday device in the game. I think they're going to have to draw a line in the sand and say what happened, happened.......let's fix it from now on. I've never liked Goons, I've no great love for BoB, but they balanced each other to a large extent. We'll be living in interesting times for a little while now.
Posted Image

#29 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

alll the bob sources I have talked to are pretty psyched about this. Now the goons will actually fight instead of hiding is what they all exclaim with such glee you would think nothing bad happened to them :P From everything people are saying defending delve is pretty fun, so I can't wait either :) Though It hink CCP still needs to reverse this, especially if it was done illegitimately, which according to the same sources, it wasn't a legit move. But whatev I guess :)
Jack Cannon > good luck with that... think you'll have to fight agony in their frig blobs for it
WarGod > smart bombs man!!
Jack Cannon > we've tried that
Jack Cannon > they have a low effectiveness rating

#30 Ecatherina W

Ecatherina W

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

I can confirm that my BoB sources also say it is good, since it may lead to goons actually undocking instead of just being jerks in local. Still think it is kind of sad that a single individual can buttfuck an entire alliance with just the push of one button - compare it to how much goes into locking or unlocking a BPO? Yeah, first a vote, then a 24 hour wait, then the CEO has to sanction the vote...
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10650]BASIC-0302071900[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?13238]WOLFPACKS-2402071800[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?35797]FLYBYS-2707072000[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?49388]COVOPS-201020072100[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED-050320081900[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?75136]CAPSUPPORT-070620081600[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?80228]PVP-BOMBERS-072620081600[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?81123]DRUNKEN-PVP-1207081600[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?100002]FLEET COMMAND - 1512080200[/link]

***** Lucifer's Handmaiden *****

Dromedary Goat Albatross and Fish - because we DGAF!

[link=http://www.bbq-alliance.com/forum/index.php]BBQ Forum About Everything Eve[/link]

#31 Karasuma Akane

Karasuma Akane

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

The Downfall of BoB

!lol
Agony Unleashed: Combat, Combat Training, More Combat, Other (did we mention combat?)

Posted Image
Best Pony, Element of Magic, Princess of Science

#32 Aether

Aether

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

The guy that supposedly recruited this BoB director has posted up chat logs which ofc many claim to be fake:

http://myeve.eve-onl...threadID=991219

"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#33 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:57 AM

CCP have a response on the Eve-O website:

Eve Player News

Edit: It's an ISD story, I don't know how official it is, but it's on the website, giving it some credibility.
Posted Image

#34 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

thats ISD... aka nobody. And yeah, Haarg is away at basic training. So him being logged in would scream account issues. aka CCP rerolls the server and bans a shitload of goons. So I don't know why people would want those logs to be true :P
Jack Cannon > good luck with that... think you'll have to fight agony in their frig blobs for it

#35 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

thats ISD... aka nobody.

You're fast Dran - I'd just got back from editing my post to find you'd already posted.
Posted Image

#36 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

lol. Just a bit of perfect timing I suppose. (ISD isn't really CCP... They are like the people who sit in the help chat with all the pretty colors etc)

#37 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

lol.

Just a bit of perfect timing I suppose.

(ISD isn't really CCP... They are like the people who sit in the help chat with all the pretty colors etc)

Yeah - I considered volunteering for ISD at one point....but decided it was too much work for little gain.

Still anything that goes on the CCP website, even if it is written by ISD has to be vetted by CCP's communications team. I doubt any rollback is likely now, but a bunch of Goons might get banned if hacking is proven.
Posted Image

#38 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

I think the ISD stuff just has to be approved as being game related and "appropriate". I don't think CCP has anything to do with the actual content. (SOme of the stuff is terrible so I would hope they don't.) A rollback now isn't likely. CCP waited to long. Unless they can do just a sov rollback. but, it is turning out ot be a good thing. A lot of people actually think this was done purposely by bob to get the goons to actually come out and play and to spice things up a bit. Either way from what I am told about the previous Delve fighting.. You wake up, you log in, you pew pew until you want to stop, you log off, rinse and repeat. No waiting for fights or anything. Its just one 24/7 :) Hope thats the case. Already got myself a thorax out in delve ;)

#39 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:35 AM

I totally agree, but I think CCP would have pulled the whole article, and published nothing, if there was a a Sov rollback being considered.
Posted Image

#40 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:38 AM

maybe. Can't say I know what they would do myself :0 Just realized you guys are gonna lose a lot of activity over this I think. With NC/goons/GBC/superfriends all running off to delve, it cuts down on a lot of targets going through hemin. move to delve imo, stake your claim! ;)

#41 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:33 AM

"but, it is turning out ot be a good thing. A lot of people actually think this was done purposely by bob to get the goons to actually come out and play" Oh come on, that's complete bullshit :P
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#42 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:42 AM

*shrug* maybe, maybe not. But more bob people are excited than are upset over it.

#43 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:44 AM

*shrug* maybe, maybe not. But more bob people are excited than are upset over it.

The term is damage control.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#44 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

"but, it is turning out ot be a good thing. A lot of people actually think this was done purposely by bob to get the goons to actually come out and play"

Oh come on, that's complete bullshit :P

I'd have to agree (edit: that it's complete bullshit). It might have stimulated some activity within BoB. I don't think they're just going to shrivel and die.

BoB trying something like that is the Alliance equivalent of a six year old staring at the kid who just punched him, stuttering "That didn't hurt" while trying desperately to hold back the tears.
Posted Image

#45 Aether

Aether

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

some of the ex-BoB corporations are in a new alliance now - Black Nova Corp, Black Eclipse Corp, and Reikoku have entered Kenzoku alliance that was formed about two months ago in Dec'08 .. Evolution and Finfleet are not in any alliance at the present moment

#46 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

SirMolle has just beaten Goons to the punch by releasing all of the BoB forums to the public.

Probably didn't have much choice, but it does seem like the right move.

The server's a bit overloaded, but here's the link to the post in CAOD.
Posted Image

#47 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

So by the looks of it, the end of BoB was done legitametly and its out of CCP's control. But, considering what happened and how it happened, well done to the corps in BoB from accepting their fate and dealing with it, and picking themselves back up and getting straight back out there. Ok the new alliance name is a bit... er... well...yeah but i'm expecting the new BoB to kick some ass. Like i said, they are never going to let this one go and i think the Goons are going to regret ever doing what they did and are going to be forever looking over their shoulder in fear the same will happen to them, maybe not by a BoB member but maybe by someone else. Respect to BoB in my opinion. Karma is brewing for Goons. Evolution, Black Eclipse Corp, Finfleet, Reikoku, Black Nova Corp are now in Kenzoku Alliance. I expect Destructive Influence to follow suit in the comming hours. I think most corps had to wait the 24hrs before they could join.

Posted Image

Thank You!

#48 Tea

Tea

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

I think most corps had to wait the 24hrs before they could join.

Oh the irony of having to wait 24 hours to join an alliance after you were kicked out of one without even 5 mins notice...

I will be shocked if CCP don't add something to the disband alliance button in the next patch or two.

#49 Weeks

Weeks

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

Evolution, Black Eclipse Corp, Finfleet, Reikoku, Black Nova Corp are now in Kenzoku Alliance. I expect Destructive Influence to follow suit in the comming hours.

Kenzoku... "Family"? Yeah... it means Family, specifically those dependent on a head of household, and refers to the household as a whole.

Damn my Japanese sucks.
Weeks - Dad. Developer. Gamer.
* Former PVP-U Lead & Sneaky Fucker Extraordinaire

#50 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

I think most corps had to wait the 24hrs before they could join.

Oh the irony of having to wait 24 hours to join an alliance after you were kicked out of one without even 5 mins notice...

I will be shocked if CCP don't add something to the disband alliance button in the next patch or two.

i dont think there is a disband button. I think you can just boot corps from the alliance, but i definatly know it takes 24hrs to join one.

But yeah, i think CCP have work to do to make sure things like this don't happen again.

Lets face it, you have to wait 24hrs before you can join an alliance, war dec a corp/alliance, vote to have BPO's unlocked, leave a corp... but not to leave an alliance?

I think CCP should make it so that either ONLY the CEO of a corporation can remove the corp from an alliance, or make it so the corp have to vote then have a mail sent to those with directorship roles stating that the corp will be leaving in the next 24hrs (something like the XXX have decalred war on XXX fighting can legally occur in 24hrs) or to the whole alliance, also give you the option to abort it should someone do it and wasn't ment to.

Shame stuff like this happens first, then people start thinking.

Posted Image

Thank You!