Photo

[CLOSED] PVP-BASIC: Saturday November 10th @ 07:00 Eve time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

Just to clarify, this class is in . You are responsible for figuring out when the class is your time and being ready for class.

How To Enroll

Processing enrollment takes a decent amount of time that instructors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS

Introduction:

In order to learn how to fight back, the student of PvP needs to realize that Eve Online combat is incredibly rich and diverse. It requires not only character skill points but also a good amount of player skills. The difference between a lost encounter and a won encounter is more often the plaer skills than the character skills. Even a three year old player can not use all 30 million of his skillpoints when in an interceptor; against a pilot that is similarly skilled in interceptor flight but only 6 months old, the result of the engagement will come down to skill augmented by a little luck.

The skills taught in PVP-BASIC are fundamental to Eve combat and make a starting platform for the study of tactics, strategy and dynamics of Eve PvP. These skills are applicable to all kinds of Eve combat and thus form a baseline that has to be known whether you are flying in alliance fleets or considering a career in piracy. These skills are augmented and expanded upon in later PvP University courses which is the reason this class is a requirement for those courses.

This course covers how to move in fleets, create and use safe spots, reconnaissance and much more. You will learn the basics of how to tackle, coordinate your attacks, jam your opponents and basic pvp fitting. In addition, you will learn how to set up your overview to make sure that you can fight effectively without stupid mistakes made be pilots new to PvP. Finally, You will learn how to prioritize your skill training to make you more capable in PvP. At the end of the course you will be able to effectively fight as a member of a tech 1 frigate fleet wolfpack, some of the most fun pvp in the game. During the course we will be flying in a PvP capacity in 0.0 space.

If you want to see what this class is all about check out the video "PvP University Advertisement" by Sever Aldaria.

Course Details

* Course Code: BASIC-1011070700
* Required Skills:

* Propulsion Jamming 1+
* Afterburner 1+
* Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 1+
* Sensor Linking 1+
* Warp Drive Operation 3+
* Target Painting 1+
* Weapon Disruption 1+
* Electronic Warfare 1+
* Required Preparation:

* Study the Agony Unleashed Rules of Engagement.
* Read all course materials in PVP-BASIC category
* Review the article: Your Clone and Your Pod
* Review the article: An Introduction to Bookmarks in Eve
* Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
* Come on Ventrilo before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
* Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-BASIC forum and topic
* Cost and Duration: 7m isk Per pilot
* Duration: Usually 6 to 8 hours
* Meeting Location: Nonni V - Lai Dai Corporation Factory
* Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
* Instructor: TarSky
* Course Cashier: Please send the course fee directly to the Agony Unleashed, ticker AGONY, and use the course code in the transfer.
* Minimum Enrollment: 10
* Maximum Enrollment: 30
* Enrollment Deadline: 24 Hours before the start of the course.
[/list]
Handy BASIC preparation checklist

Make sure you are prepared for the course and have arrived ahead of time. Instructors will not wait for late or unprepared students. Instructors will assume you have read the materials and if you haven't you will be lost very quickly.

Enrollment Info :
* Confirmed and Paid students:
*rodgerd - Uninvited Guests (UGH)
*Markus - Markus (ESOE)
*Ozzmok - Ozzmok (HID)
*borzek - borzek staropramen (sds c)
*Vaal Taer-Vaal Taer (SDS C)
*Callas-Callas Torval (SDS C)
*JJ Brutor - JJ Brutor (TCD)
*Dv8Mutt - Chow Lei (BA)
*Decimuss - Decimuss (Gladiators of Rage)
*evilphoenix - evilphoenix (GAWD)
*little matt - little matt (FNORD)
*JorisFelix - JorisFelix (IVY)
*Ghadu - ghadu rom (RMS)
*Jay McIntosh - Jay McIntosh (KALHI)
*spamboo - edane (TS)
*Madorris - Madorris (Watts)
*Troy_sg - Lavar (Southern Cross Incorporated)
*Broug - Broug (DGAF)
*egarhi - egarhi (STHCE)
*Furia Taurina - Furia Taurina (EFRON)
*Caption Santos - Caption Santos (soni1)
*Dela - Dela Fett (CP)
*Decimuss - Decimuss (GLD)

* Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
*Koldz - Koldz (FNA)
*Snerg - Snerg (SWA)
*Spatterjay Hoop-Spatterjay Hoop (OVD)
*Xoner - Xoner (-256-)
*Power's Urge - Power's Urge (UHF)
*Lhassa - Lhasssa (PF3)
*Rel Tanaar - Rel Tanaar (-256-)
*Doune - Doune (P--E)
*Strife Phoenix - Strife Phoenix (A.V.)
*Tonto Auri - Tonto Auri (VHR)
*gartelreiman - Gartel Reiman (PF3)
*morby - morby (-256-)

* Paid but not properly registered:
* Awaiting ISK:
* Attended:
* Graduated:

[/list]
bla bla .. who the !@#% is reading this

#2 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

Hello to all, This class is special for people who are playing this game from 06:00 - 16:00 eve time [ around GMT +10 ], if you are in this time you are welcome to sing up for this class, this not mean that other people who can come and play can't come ;). Anyway I like everyone who is coming to read articles and guides in this way we will speed up the theoretical part and it will be much easy for me [ I'm in euro time ;) ]. When it will be downtime we will have bio break and I can answer to any question you have, after downtime I will continue with the class, so don't worry about the downtime. If you have questions please let me know. Enjoy it because it's fun, see you all in the class. Have a nice day !

#3 ozzmok

ozzmok
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Hello I would like to enroll in PVP-basic class on 10th of november as: Ozzmok - Ozzmok (HID) war with Taurus inc. (from 19:15 EVE time, 25th of october till ...... ??) :? :! and yes the HID will take care of payment for me... regards

#4 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hello

I would like to enroll in PVP-basic class on 10th of november as:

Ozzmok - Ozzmok (HID)

war with Taurus inc. (from 19:15 EVE time, 25th of october till ...... ??) :?

:! and yes the HID will take care of payment for me...

regards

(HID) Hidden Agenda - 0.0 mil [ see Credits and Corp Accounts List for more details ] . Please take contact with your CEO to put some money in this account.

Thanks for understanding. Have a nice day !

#5 Koldz

Koldz

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Koldz - Koldz (FNA)* No Wars

Attending as Alumni (Space Permitting)
Will be present for the duration of the class.

Sup TarSky?? How you doing man?

BASIC-1509071900

#6 snerg

snerg
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:40 PM

Snerg - Snerg (SWA)* No wars Attending as alumni (Space permitting)

#7 Spatterjay Hoop

Spatterjay Hoop
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

Spatterjay Hoop-Spatterjay Hoop (OVD) No wars Attending as alumni (space permitting) BASIC-0610071900

#8 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:32 AM

Sup TarSky?? How you doing man?

Preparing for my next class ;) [ looking to break all records !lol ]. Thanks for asking .

#9 rodgerd

rodgerd
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

rodgerd - Uninvited Guests (UGH) No Wars Paid
Posted Image

#10 Markus

Markus
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

Markus - Markus (ESOE) no war

#11 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:16 AM

Enrollment updated and access granted to students who have paid. Have a nice day !

#12 Xoner

Xoner
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

Xoner - Xoner (-256-) War with W A R (Ended 3rd November 2007) Alumni Attending if Space Permits
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?47680]BASIC-1310071300[/link] [br][link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?53089]WOLFPACKS-2411070001[/link]

#13 gartelreiman

gartelreiman
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hi TarSky, Is it OK with you if I attend as alumni but just for the hunt at the end, seeing as how I couldn't stay for your last one? I'll bring my Leadership V again if that helps... :D
Graduated:
[link=http://agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?16153]BASIC-0317070200[/link]
[link=http://agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?19257]WOLFPACKS-2104071900[/link]

#14 Ripard Teg

Ripard Teg

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

I'm going to drag myself out of bed to go to this class and get some teaching experience under my belt. So yeah, I'll be there.

#15 Powers Urge

Powers Urge
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

Power's Urge - Power's Urge (UHF) No wars. Attending as alumnus if space permits; possibly hunt only.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?40439]BASIC-1808071900[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?52788]WOLFPACKS-1711071800[/link]

#16 Lhassa

Lhassa
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Lhassa - Lhasssa (PF3) * No Wars Attending as Alumni (Space Permitting) Will be present for the duration of the class. Thanks lots :) Any word on wolfpacks?
BASIC-1808071900
WOLFPACKS-020220081900

#17 ozzmok

ozzmok
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

Hi TarSky, I got info from HID.... that they paid ISK for me. ....hope that now is everything OK.

#18 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Enrollment updated and access granted to students who have paid. gartelreiman please register properly, thanks. Have a nice day !

#19 borzek

borzek
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:06 AM

borzek - borzek staropramen (sds c) no wars

#20 Vaal Taer

Vaal Taer
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:04 AM

Vaal Taer-Vaal Taer (SDS C) no wars
VT-

#21 Callas

Callas
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:19 AM

Callas-Callas Torval (SDS C) No Wars
Nutsallmighty

#22 JJ Brutor

JJ Brutor
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

JJ Brutor - JJ Brutor (TCD) no wars using TCD - DGAF account
BASIC-0812071900

#23 Rel Tanaar

Rel Tanaar
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:32 AM

Rel Tanaar - Rel Tanaar (-256-) War with W A R Alumni Attending if Space Permits
BASIC-1310071300
WOLFPACKS-2411070001

#24 Dv8Mutt

Dv8Mutt
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

Dv8Mutt - Chow Lei (BA) no wars at time of posting
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?189530]BASIC-20100417[/link]

#25 Doune

Doune
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

Doune - Doune (P--E) No wars Attending as Alumni if space permits. Graduated BASIC-1310071300 ------------ Heya TarSky, hope you're well! I'd like to attend as Alumni for the low sec/0.0 section of the course if possible. Do you still plan to do the scanning tutorial in low sec as before? I was semi paying attention in my basic class and didn't really grasp the principles as well as I would've liked. Cheers, Doune.
BASIC-1310071300