Photo

[CLOSED]{TIME CHANGE} PVP-COVOPS - Saturday 11th November - 18:00 Eve Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

PLEASE NOTE - DUE TO THE CLOCKS MOVING IN THE UK THIS COURSE WILL NOW START AT 18:00 EVE TIME

Attention former and current students:

To gain access to the materials again you will have to request access on your new account again. The way to do this is to send an Eve Mail to Rasql or Rells from your character IN GAME and then state the name of your new account on the new site. Please Indicate what classes you have taken to get correct permission.

Enrollment Capped: Class Closed

Introduction:

A wolfpack is a devastating vehicle of war which will strike fear into those who come across it. A wolfpack which has eyes and ears in systems many jumps away, co-ordinating it's attacks and allowing it to land on top of it's targets with deadly accuracy is something to be truly feared by any pilot in New Eden. The people who allow the Wolfpack to operate in this way are the CovOps pilots, observing and feeding intelligence to the Wolfpack Commander. They need to be able to move without being seen or engaged, take up poistions where they can observe the enemy and call in the Wolfpack when the precise moment for organised mayhem has arrived.

The course will teach you the advantages and disadvantages of the various Covert Operations frigates along with advice on fitting your ship to make the best of its abilities. You will learn how to move without being seen and how to perform evasive manouevers should you be trapped by the enemy. The course will also teach you how to take up positions where you can safely observe the enemy in such a way as to be able to supply all the information a Wolfpack Commander will ever need to know. Specific sniper training is done to enable you to bring down the enemy lurking at long range.

The AU PvP CovOps course is an advanced level course with a number of pre-requisites. It requires the knowledge accumlated over both the PVP-BASIC and PVP-WOLFPACK courses. If you do not have the pre-req skills or courses then please do not sign up.

DISCLAIMER: Due to the very high cost of the ships and modules used in this course, by signing up you are accepting that there is a level of risk where your ship and modules may be lost. The aim of the course is to minimise this risk and losses are not expected. However, Agony Unleashed nor it's instructors can be held responsible for the loss of ships or equipment for the duration of the course and subsequent Wolfpack. Students may decline to take part in any part of the course they wish.

Course Details

• Course Code: COVOPS-111120061600
  • Required Courses:
    • PVP-BASIC
    • PVP-WOLFPACKS
  • Required Skills:
    • Electronics Upgrades 5
    • Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 5
    • Covert Ops 4+
    • Electronics 5
    • Cloaking 4+
    • Warp Drive Operation 4+
    • Evasive Maneuvering 4+
    • Navigation 4+
  • Required Preparation:
    • Read all course materials in PVP-COVOPS category
    • Buy and fit at least 1 ship and move it to the course location.
    • Obtain the bookmarks for your class. To do this, come to the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Eve channel or on ventrilo and ask to be given the bookmarks; the bookmarks will be delivered at the class meeting location only. Import the bookmarks, then copy them back into the can and give them back to the AGONY member that gave them to you.
  • Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-COVOPS forum and topic
  • Cost and Duration: 20m isk Per pilot
  • Duration: Estimated 4 to 5 hours instruction + wolfpack time
  • Meeting Location: Stacmon V - Impro Factory (Be there with your Equipment)
  • Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
  • Instructor: Stein Voorhees
  • Course Cashier: Mish El
  • Minimum Enrollment: 3
  • Maximum Enrollment: 6

Enrollment Info

This information is usually updated nightly at approx 2100 Eve time when the instructor logs in to check fee transfers. DONT CONVO PvP University instructors. Post here if you have an issue please.

• Confirmed and Paid students:
    • stonkus - stonkus (OMINS)
    • Fyfe -> Fyfe (FRCP)
    • cloudstalker -> Secret Flame (STI)*
    • Brad Stone - Brad Stone (NIX)
    • Torkill - Torkill (DROW))
    • xooja - xooja (NIX)
  • Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
  • Paid but not properly registered:
  • Awaiting ISK:
  • Graduated:

Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#2 rells

rells

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

Updated with new enrollment template.
Founder of AGONY

#3 stonkus

stonkus
  • Pip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:18 AM

stonkus - stonkus (OMINS) no wars pvp-basic #332 {July 16, 2006} pvp-wolfpack #62 {August 19, 2006}

#4 cs3sl2

cs3sl2
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:49 AM

Cs3sl2 - cs3sl2 (Apogee "but i will no longer be there when i get back") No Intended Wars PvP - Basic "258. cs3sl2 (Apogee) {August 6, 2006}" PvP - Wolfpacks "74. cs3sl2 (apogee) {August 19, 2006}" (will forward money when im back in game just reserving my seat :))

#5 Guest_xooja_*

Guest_xooja_*

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:57 AM

xooja - xooja (ESIA) no wars pvp-basic {61. September 16, 2006} pvp-wolfpack {35. September 16, 2006}

#6 Guest_Fyfe_*

Guest_Fyfe_*

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:14 AM

Fyfe -> Fyfe (FRCP) No Wars PVP-Basic {June 24, 2006} No. 380 PVP-Wolfpack {August 19, 2006} No. 81

#7 cloudstalker

cloudstalker
  • Pip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

cloudstalker -> Secret Flame (STI)* No wars Basic & Wolfpack training completed by cloudstalker 20m ISK paid to Mish El by Secret Flame

Posted Image

#8 Brad Stone

Brad Stone
  • Pip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:15 PM

Brad Stone - Brad Stone (NIX) no wars pvp-basic {61. September 16, 2006} pvp-wolfpack {35. September 16, 2006}

#9 Guest_gustavef_*

Guest_gustavef_*

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

Gustavef -> Gustavef (IMPC) No Wars Pre-reqs done with Gustavef -> Fenris MacGrath (IMPC) PVP Basic (9 Sept 06) PVP Wolfpacks (30 Sept 06)

#10 Rasql

Rasql

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:54 PM

Enrollment updated, access granted ** gustavef I'm gonna have to bump you to the next course unfortunately, 6 is max on this course. I'll hold you as replacement if someone drops out or first on the next one.
Posted Image

#11 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

All - please not there is a typo in the course requirements in this thread. It says 'Cloaking 3+' but should read 'Cloaking 4+'. The details in the course material are however, correct. Sorry for any confusion. If this causes you a problem then please PM me asap. Cheers, Stein

#12 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

All, At the end of the course we will do some recon in MHC-R3 for the BASIC class which is also taking place. However, due to security issues and limits with the existing gang functionality, we won't be able to take the COVOPS students on extended manoveurs after the course with the BASIC group. As such, can I recommend you make sure you have some PvP frigates setup in Stacmon V - IMPRO. Once the BASIC course is into 0.0 I'll take you back to Stacmon. At this point you can either head off on your own in your CovOps or I will lead a small gang of Frigs to join up with the BASIC course so that you can go and kill something. Hopefully, when the new gang functionality comes out in Kali you'll be able to come along as Alumni. If you have any questions then please PM or Evemail me. Cheers, Stein

#13 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:12 PM

All, Due to Real Life and the clocks in the UK changing, I have had to move this class back to an 18:00 EVE time start. If this causes you any problems then please PM or Evemail me. Cheers, Stein

#14 rells

rells

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:37 AM

Stein Could you please prepare the graduates list and then lock the thread ?
Founder of AGONY