[CLOSED] PVP-BASIC: Eve Time: October 6th, 2007 @ 19:00
Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:41 AM
Just to clarify, this class is Saturday October 6th 2007 at 19:00 Evetime. You are responsible for figuring out when the class is your time and being ready for class.
How To Enroll
Processing enrollment takes a decent amount of time that instructors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS
In order to learn how to fight back, the student of PvP needs to realize that Eve Online combat is incredibly rich and diverse. It requires not only character skill points but also a good amount of player skills. The difference between a lost encounter and a won encounter is more often the plaer skills than the character skills. Even a three year old player can not use all 30 million of his skillpoints when in an interceptor; against a pilot that is similarly skilled in interceptor flight but only 6 months old, the result of the engagement will come down to skill augmented by a little luck.
The skills taught in PVP-BASIC are fundamental to Eve combat and make a starting platform for the study of tactics, strategy and dynamics of Eve PvP. These skills are applicable to all kinds of Eve combat and thus form a baseline that has to be known whether you are flying in alliance fleets or considering a career in piracy. These skills are augmented and expanded upon in later PvP University courses which is the reason this class is a requirement for those courses.
This course covers how to move in fleets, create and use safe spots, reconnaissance and much more. You will learn the basics of how to tackle, coordinate your attacks, jam your opponents and basic pvp fitting. In addition, you will learn how to set up your overview to make sure that you can fight effectively without stupid mistakes made be pilots new to PvP. Finally, You will learn how to prioritize your skill training to make you more capable in PvP. At the end of the course you will be able to effectively fight as a member of a tech 1 frigate fleet wolfpack, some of the most fun pvp in the game. During the course we will be flying in a PvP capacity in 0.0 space.
If you want to see what this class is all about check out the video "PvP University Advertisement" by Sever Aldaria.
* Course Code: BASIC-0610071900
* Required Skills:
* Propulsion Jamming 1+
* Afterburner 1+
* Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 1+
* Sensor Linking 1+
* Warp Drive Operation 3+
* Target Painting 1+
* Weapon Disruption 1+
* Electronic Warfare 1+
* Required Preparation:
* Study the Agony Unleashed Rules of Engagement.
* Read all course materials in PVP-BASIC category
* Review the article: Your Clone and Your Pod
* Review the article: An Introduction to Bookmarks in Eve
* Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
* Come on Ventrilo before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
* Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-BASIC forum and topic
* Cost and Duration: 7m isk Per pilot
* Duration: Usually 6 to 8 hours
* Meeting Location: Nonni V - Lai Dai Corporation Factory
* Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
* Instructor: Mish El
* Assistant Instructors: Minokou
* Course Cashier: Please send the course fee directly to the Agony Unleashed, ticker AGONY, and use the course code in the transfer.
* Minimum Enrollment: 10
* Maximum Enrollment: 30
* Enrollment Deadline: 24 Hours before the start of the course.
Handy BASIC preparation checklist
Make sure you are prepared for the course and have arrived ahead of time. Instructors will not wait for late or unprepared students. Instructors will assume you have read the materials and if you haven't you will be lost very quickly.
Enrollment Info :
* Confirmed and Paid students:
* Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
* Ecatherina W - Ecatherina W (TCD)
* Nareg Maxence - Desiree Maxence (DGAF)
* Power's Urge - Power's Urge (P)*
* Baka Lakadaka - Sherpa Sherpa (BKL)
* Koldz - Koldz (FNA)*
* Hjelfed - Hjelfed Ragnarssun(SLNT)
* Bamar - Christina Bamar (snigg)
* Rasterman Ganja - Rasterman Ganja (RWMI)
* Serke - Serke (SWA)*
* Nathan Cross - Nathan Cross [SWA]*
* Patro Clese - Patro Clese(NOTR)
* Strife Phoenix - Strife Phoenix (A.V.)
* Savage Wolf - Savage Wolf (JOKRS)
* Higojo - Higojo (TCD)
* Paid but not properly registered:
* Awaiting ISK:
* Ound - Ound (DYCO)
* TedStryker - TedStryker (SLNT.)
* Mishaet - Mishaet (M3)
* Irapur-Irapur (SWA)*
* Lukure - Lukure (ELSSE)
* Blackout - Black0ut (DORM)
* Ravvy Llama - Ravvy Llama (RMS)
* Lokithor - Lokithor 23 (DYCO)
* Razzlen - Razzlen (CDV)
* Warlord Khan - Warlord Khan (T-C-I)
* Tempuststorm / Tempuststrom (SLNT)
* Snerg - Snerg (rms) *
* tacobelltomkim - tacobelltomkim (USTAR)
* HunterCross - Hunter Cross (SLNT.)
* Yuoree - Yuoree(SLNT)
* Oasio - Oasio (Aliastra) *
* Assur - Assur Shem (CP)
* Meldgaard - Meldgaard (FNA)*
* Canelli - Canelli (SLNT.)
* Carbine223 - Fallschirm (slnt.)
* Osprey Vonbose - Osprey VonBose (FUNDS)
* Spatterjay Hoop -Spatterjay Hoop (OVD)
* Ginkei - Ginkei (TTC)
* Belleja Roj - Belleja Roj (SAK)*
* Sacro Iliac - Sacro Iliac (MW) *
* Zasmarr - Zasmarr (FNA)*
Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:52 PM
***** Lucifer's Handmaiden *****
Dromedary Goat Albatross and Fish - because we DGAF!
[link=http://www.bbq-alliance.com/forum/index.php]BBQ Forum About Everything Eve[/link]
Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:53 PM
Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:11 PM
Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:33 PM
Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:02 AM
Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:27 AM
Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:22 AM
Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:48 PM
Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:26 PM
Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:01 AM
Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:11 AM
Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:43 AM
Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:16 PM