Photo

All good things come to an end

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#76 Granger

Granger

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:49 PM

:(

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

Your sig quote still cracks me up every time I read it. Baz was my postie for a few weeks - talk about surreal when he knocked my door to get a signature for a package and said "hey Granger, just sign on the line pal!"

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#77 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

o7 Granger, Loash, Mad, Loash, Rackhir...sheesh, everyone really.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#78 Sadamu

Sadamu

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

Looks like I picked the wrong year to finish school and head back into EVE. 

o7 all. Best group I've ever had the pleasure to fly with.

BASIC-20110805 | WOLFPACKS-20110917 | COVOPS-20111119

Jeg er ikke sint, bare veldig veldig skuffet.

#79 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

Holy crap, the names in this thread...awesome to see everyone here.

It's been years since I played, but every once in a while I check in to see what Agony is up to. I even still dream about EVE once in a while and have some of your damn voices stuck in my head.

I'm very sorry to see Agony close the doors! But all good things come to an end, and Agony was as good as it gets. I loved flying with you all, FC'ing you all to your doom, and doing my best to stop sucking.

Cheers,

Maudite / Dark Mandy

"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#80 Ral YoungBeard

Ral YoungBeard

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:42 AM

Over the years, I've browsed these forums now and then, and was pleased that my old corp was still alive and doing classes.  I'm doing that again right now, and I find this.  Wow, that's the end of an era!  I still remember the days when I joined, when Agony was a fledgling corp, a few guys based in Stacmon who did roams into Syndicate in T1 frigates. Those were some of my favorite times.

o7 Agony Unleashed.  

Posted Image

#81 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:28 AM

To all of you, wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I wish you the very best life has to offer. Some of my fondest life memories are thanks to you.

o7
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#82 Mou Reget

Mou Reget

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

Love to remember to good times I had with you guys, thanks. Where ever you fly now, fly save!

#83 glepp

glepp

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Damn guys!
A part of me just died. Thanks for the good times and memories. It’s been... emotional.

Btw, papa glepp is currently on paternal leave with kid #3, so no Eve for me the next 15 or so years. Take care all!

Edited by glepp, 22 June 2018 - 07:00 PM.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#84 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:33 AM

You guys made Eve amazing!!! Every last one of ya!!!
Miss you guys and I refuse to accept this decision!!!!

Anyone ever near Maryland look me up!

#85 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:06 AM

Not sure how much of local dropping I can handle....

but here is one more.
https://youtu.be/JXB3WfoSTwo

These weren't frigates either...

HTC... ?

One of my favorite moments. Thanks for posting these Kerz!

#86 Aote

Aote

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:41 AM

Damn, we really do take the best things for granted. I just always assumed when I got the Eve itch again, Agony would be there. Agony was one of the best group of people I have ever played a game with. Thanks everyone, and especially thanks to all the people who put the time in to lead the corp, doing all the heavy lifting why i got to go make things go boom. 

Great memories. Thanks to all. 

#87 Altaieere

Altaieere

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:19 PM

Great memories indeed! I wish i had time to play this game and play it with good corpmates and friends i have neither at the moment ! But thank you for being part of the memory !!!

Posted Image

The perfect fight is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life

#88 Wulfrunner

Wulfrunner

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:55 PM

Ah, what a shame. This was more than just a game to many of us... And I've missed your voices. Be well, Agony.
Posted Image

#89 Joe Lost

Joe Lost

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

I was not sure what to say when I read this. I always felt that I might come back to Eve at some point, and I wanted that return to be to Agony, but it is not to be.

I surfed this site for 3-4 hours, just looking at old posts, laughing and reminiscing a lot. I confess that I read one of my own AAR’s about a mad evening where we just kept getting fights coming to us whilst bubble camping. It lasted several hours. I remember the fights, the kills, the poddings and the being podded and reshipping and getting out there again. There was so much more, but that was quintessential AGONY.

I do miss you all. It was the best time in all my 7 years in EVE. Thank you all. I will not forget you.

My wife is sadly dying of cancer. This means that I am at home a lot. So I have resubbed for 3 months. Look me up if you are still playing.
A comment on taking out shinies:

Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari GT250 California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

Ferris: It is his fault that he didn't lock the garage.

#90 Tonto Auri

Tonto Auri

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:28 AM

Those were good years. Thanks for all the fish fun.

Godspeed, commanders.

#91 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:21 AM

Sorry to see you guys shutdown. I will never forget Titan bridging you guys on top of some group that freaked. They didn't know Agony had access to an Avatar. :)

Acobar

Posted Image

#92 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:42 AM

The news might be old but the feels are real, lost for words.

Thank you all for everything, I love you guys!

Fly safe wherever you are o7

I love you guys! <3

#93 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:21 PM

The news might be old but the feels are real, lost for words.
Thank you all for everything, I love you guys!

Fly safe wherever you are o7

:wub:
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#94 Temprial

Temprial

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:46 AM

Well shit i aint checked in on you guys for so long :(

Thanks for the memories, never had I been or will be part of a community that created so much fun.

Hope you all fly safe in whatever you do 0/

Durka Durka

This is Syndicate

#95 Rocinantae

Rocinantae

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Hey does anyone have the video where we durka'd Razor? Thanks for the others. 

#96 Kenda deLagrange

Kenda deLagrange

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

Hey does anyone have the video where we durka'd Razor? Thanks for the others. 

found it:

#97 Tzimon

Tzimon

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:04 PM

My best times in EvE was in providence with my Agony brothers and sisters.

Edited by Tzimon, 26 July 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#98 Challenger70

Challenger70

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

Oh man I was just looking at the past few years of updates to EVE and came here to see this. All you guys were and still are awesome people to know and have flown with. I might be getting back in the game soon. Maybe we will see each other again!

#99 Rocinantae

Rocinantae

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

Go get em Gizz! Nice corp tag btw ;-)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/78577757/

#100 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

:ph34r:

Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen