Photo

All good things come to an end

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#26 KTog

KTog

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

I saw the news today and am sad to hear AU has closed its doors. 

If it wasn't for Agony, I likely wouldn't have played EvE for as long as I did.  It was quite the journey for me, from the noob roaming the stars, to my days in HDY with Pappy, hearing about Agony and the amazing classes that were on offer.  When HDY closed I went to faction warfare to get a better taste of pvp, while getting in on any AU pvp classes I could, eventually applying and joining Agony.  Of all the groups I ran with, I had the most fun in AU, both learning and helping out where I could with PVPU.  It was great times, and a LOT of crazy fights. 

Its safe to say there isn't another corp out there quite like Agony and you'll be sorely missed. Thanks for all the good times, and all the lessons provided.  Best of luck to you, where ever you land. o7

BASIC - 1906092100

WOLFPACKS-20091215

#27 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

A sad day. I remember those early days in 2006 where I was about to unsubscribe and leave EVE when I decided to drop the last of my ISK on 'Training course' with Rells and Rasql. From then until when I finally left Agony in 2011(ish), Agony had a profound impact on both my in game and out of game life. Some highlights in the memory bank;

-My first ever PVP kill on my basic course when 13 of us in frigs took down a Scorpion in MHC.

-Jumping into a horde of rampaging Goons in my CovOps when Rells said he'd buy me a new ship and cloak (back when a CovOps Cloak cost upwards of 25 mill) 

-Putting together the very first CovOps course with Loon. 

-Running Operation Argus, Agonys first merc contract to knock out a tower in Pure Blind

-Missing Severs tactical warp and running at 90 degrees to a nasty Minnie fleet in my AB Armour Lachesis popping sig drugs and seeing me out track hundreds of howitzers whilst the fleet got back to me

-Every time we ran recon for fleets or classes

-All the other times with good friends when the antimatter started flying  

It was great hosting a bunch of UK Agony friends at my home for a weekend and meeting more people at drinks in London and at Fanfest. Talk about a special place in my heart for this corp. All the best to everyone and thanks for the good times. 

Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#28 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

Man, it suddenly got dusty in here...

Sad day indeed. I haven't played for years, but it was always nice to know Agony was out there doing Agony things. It was my corp and always will be. Met so many awesome people, some I've had the pleasure of meeting in real life too and you're all every bit as awesome as your pixel forms.

Fly safe, everyone.

#29 Singu L'arity

Singu L'arity
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

It was a rather short, but very pleasant stay. I'm just sad that I didn't find you guys a lot sooner.

Take care all, and may we fly together someday once more o7

#30 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

https://youtu.be/DH0JIrYfW68?t=222

Don't want to lose track of this gem.

https://killboard.ag...ed&kll_id=15282

And this little trip home from a CTA (start whispering on comms and a carrier will show up):

https://forums.agony...-thanatos-kill/

https://killboard.ag...ed&kll_id=14914

Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:18 AM

https://youtu.be/DH0JIrYfW68?t=222

Don't want to lose track of this gem.

https://killboard.ag...ed&kll_id=15282

:D
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#32 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

It's been fun, it's been interesting, but all good things come to an end eventually.

Time to jump and move on and do other things, either in game or elsewhere.

And dammit Yam i read that post and went "wait a second.. i didn't post that".

--
Posted Image

#33 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

-Putting together the very first CovOps course with Loon.

:ph34r: :wub:
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#34 killa_bee

killa_bee

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

Them Skirmishing Scout days i had .... sooooo much fun, still miss it, even Loon's hariy back :P

Posted Image

#35 Victoria Xin

Victoria Xin
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

You will be missed. o7

#36 Kaeda Maxwell

Kaeda Maxwell

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

o7

't was cool.

BASIC-20101226 (Kohana Maxwell)
WOLFPACKS-20101228 (Kohana Maxwell)
I R HAZ BLOG; http://kaedamaxwell.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

#37 Azgard Majik

Azgard Majik
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Agony was the first name I'd heard about when I started EVE.

The PVP basic class gave me the confidence to leave hi sec for the first time, and the following roam was my greatest gaming moment ever.  It was epic!

Shall miss you guys and fly safe o7

#38 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

I've had many, many amazing experiences with Agony!  Sadly, I barely play now (last kill was May, 2017), but will definitely look some of y'all up whenever I return (maybe September).  Things I like to reminisce on:  

My first PvP-U class:  Where I absolutely fell in love with PvP in EvE's and Agony specifically!  It was very fitting that this was held on Valentine's Day, 2009.  Not long after I joined Agony as a Trial, I quickly made my way through our old rank system (Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander).  I remember being so crazy nervous about making core, and also about being crazy nervous about making CEO!  

My First Fishing Kill:  April, 09.  I was intrigued by our corp's use of t1 frigates to solo interceptors.  So, before I could use t2 anything, I took out a cheap-fit Tristans, eventually catching a Crusader that considered me easy prey.  I loved hunting them, and it really fostered my love for roaming about nullsec looking for targets of opportunity.  

Frigate Proficiency:  I moved from the Tristan, to the Merlin, to the Rifter, to the Taranis, Ishkur, Helios, Jaguar, and on and on.  I bet some of you can remember my calls for help:  "Guys, do you think I can kill drake in a rifter?"... "Guys, I've tackled a tengu but can't break his tank"... "Guys, I've caught a ratting carrier... and he's now defenseless.  It's only 30 systems out, want to come gank it?"  And I love how y'all would form up and head out, and it'd turn into another epic night!  

Provi fight club:  This is one of my fondest memories, from durka to tweed, from earning my first billion isk and flying my first capital ship.  From helping to build a station (in which I still have a jump clone), to the amazing environment fostered in that region.  

My First Heavy Interdictor loss:  Back then, this ship was one my first t2 cruiser losses, but the killmail is amazing, with 10 Titans/motherships on it, and it only dying when it was Doomsday'ed off the field.  That battle was amazing, where we caught PL with their pants down and held a handful of supercaps.  If our allies had shown up like we'd planned, they'd have had a major victory of PL that day.  Instead, they made a halfhearted attempt after we locked down the PL supercaps, which ended in disaster for our allies.  

My first time in Faction Warfare...

Holding a frigate so we could DD it before Titans were changed...

My first time fighting for a wormhole...

Carebearing Sleeper sites with capitals...

Incursions...

Creating Super Safe spots... 

Coordinated bombing runs...

Investing in POCOs....

Carver accidentally jumping a titan into combat...

Black Ops Drops...

Hunting down Highsec members of corps that wardec'd us...

Moon mining POS shenanigans...

I could go on with a wall of text to rival some of our more long-winded members...  It's been 9 years in Agony, and I'm going to be sad to see it go.  

You're all still my brothers, and I hope to shoot (with?) you in space one day!  

#stopsucking!

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#39 Carver

Carver

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:16 AM

This was my first ever MMO and the best gaming experience anyone could ask for. It was always so easy to explain in recruiting: there is no better place in EVE. I loved it here. Thanks to every single one of you. 

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#40 Delenarious

Delenarious
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

You've done great work for the community and it's been a pleasure to fly with (and against) you guys, at any time. 

Personally I've had great times with you guys back in 2012 in syndicate.

Sad to see you go, there's a gap left in space that hardly will be filled. 

All the best. You'll be missed. 

#41 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

This hit me hard I have to admit. I always felt like Agony was a place I would call home if I ever returned to EVE. Good luck in all your future en devours and thanks for the best times.

See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#42 Mr M

Mr M

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

Yeah that sucks. But I love flying the friendship.

Posted Image

#43 Blitz

Blitz
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

My respect to all of you. It's always been a pleasure and an honor to fly along.

Getting a KM on CCP Phantom with you guys was one of my fondest memories.

Best of luck with where ever your clones wake up.

Edited by Blitz, 25 March 2018 - 04:40 PM.

BASIC 20130705           Wolfpacks 20130823          SKIRMISHING-20130920

16gl4zs.gif

Yep, I'm an official Agony fanboy... simply adore them all..unless I'm not with their fleet and pointed

#44 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

It better be on every one of those silly Quafe Billboards....

early 2007 and why I joined.

Edited by Kerzack, 25 March 2018 - 08:47 PM.

Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#45 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

I haven't flown in years, probably be a complete f'ing mess now... and, depending on who you ask I always did.!

Edited by Kerzack, 25 March 2018 - 07:20 PM.

Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#46 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:43 PM

Anyone remember this....   pretty much when everyone started frigate gangs... Welll   JD's laugh tells it all- for the record BHS started  this .... seriously it was  him... don't make me post pictures

OK... I kneed to be   able to upload video...  YT and all the others delete it.... I keep the videos... fuck YT/FB

#47 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

Sever for Ever!

#48 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

So, I'm still retarded... How do I upload a video....   not a link etc.?

#49 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

One of the first BS-RR gangs...

#50 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

It better be on every one of those silly Quafe Billboards....

early 2007 and why I joined.