Photo

All good things come to an end

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Kenda deLagrange

Kenda deLagrange

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

Agony Unleashed was founded in April 2006 as a single-Corp Alliance with a strong cultural identity; a desire to break free from the chains of large scale alliance warfare and to teach pilots of New Eden the basics of PVP combat.

From tiny acorns, mighty oaks grew, and in the 12 years that Agony Unleashed existed, several thousand players undertook the ground-breaking PVP Basic, Wolfpacks and Advanced classes, which taught capsuleers how to be effective in PVP and was living proof that there was life outside of large scale sovereignty warfare.

Small-gang PVP was alive, and Agony Unleashed had a strong foothold in providing content to the many Corporation Members, Class members, Alumni, and friends that passed through our doors.

During Agonys existence we often fought behind enemy lines with little or no blues in various regions including Syndicate, Pure Blind, Venal, Curse, Great Wildlands, Providence, Catch, and Querious.

Agony Unleashed dedicated a station in Providence during their 2010 deployment in memory of a RL fallen comrade, held sovereignty in Providence, Querious and Pure Blind, took part in Factional Warfare, lived in a C2 WH, and held regular roadtrips from Thera in our never-ending search for small-gang warfare with friends.

Not content with day to day PVP in New Eden, Agony Unleashed has also become well known and respected as a force to be reckoned with during multiple Alliance Tournament participations. We participated in 9 ATs, with our highest place being 5/6th in AT 11.

Agony Unleashed has taken much pride in the PVP classes that we provided to New Eden for more than a decade. However, as more and more of Agony Unleashed's members have 'won EVE', we have now made the unenviable decision to retire Agony Unleashed as a whole. With it PVP University is closed indefinitely, and as such there will be no more future classes scheduled.

Agony Unleashed has, is, and will forever be a part of New Eden.

Local down one.

Fly safe capsuleers.

#2 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

NO.

FUCK NO.

PERMISSION DENIED.

DAMN IT YOU ARE MAKING ME CRY.

♥ Agony Forever ♥

o7

Edited by Greygal, 20 March 2018 - 01:22 AM.

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#3 Billy Colorado

Billy Colorado

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:49 PM

:sob:

#4 Druur

Druur

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

Godspeed, pilots.

Always remember that you made a difference.

BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#5 roigon

roigon

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

Very sad to see this, but understandable. 

I have many fond memories of my time with agony, from doing d-scan practice to helping out with pvp-u, living in syndicate and doing the FW campaign. Many many hours spent with all of you.

I'm not crying, you're crying.  

#6 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:46 PM

I have had so many fun times flying with you guys, you are the best. Just reading that member list made me really sad. Fly safe.

First: Victory is Life!

#7 Weeks

Weeks

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

Wow. I figured this day would come soon, after hearing what Braeden had to say from his last stint playing with you guys. He had a great time, but said membership and interest were way down and nobody was running PVPU courses anymore.

I wish it could have kept going forever, but all good things..

I remember flying in AT6 or 7, I don't remember... and being the Hero Ishkur at the end of one of the matches. I remember running teams of scouts all the hell OVER space, gathering intel for one of Spinward's PVP-BASIC roams, or the infrequent WOLFPACK roams. Loads of memories. 

Fly dangerous, folks. And stay in touch! :D

Weeks - Dad. Developer. Gamer.
* Former PVP-U Lead & Sneaky Fucker Extraordinaire

#8 Bren Genzan

Bren Genzan
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

Both good times and bad with Agony Unleashed in Curse "Back in the Day" 

I remember looking at the OUCH killboard when y'all lived in Hemin and I'd tell my guys, I see Agony gave y'all a PvP lesson... tell me what you did wrong.  They'd scuff their toes and bow their heads and tell me how they were just minding their business and got on a guy and bad things happened.  We got better because Agony was a part of the anvil that forged OUCH into the Viet Cong of Curse.

Enjoyed my time taking and flying with Agony on the public roams, where I could school and get schooled at the same time.  Appreciate all you guys have done for new pvpers in Eve Online.  Sad to see you go, but I totally understand.

o7

#9 Shamfor

Shamfor
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:27 AM

So sad to see Agony close.

Many happy memories of attending classes, sitting there waiting for them to open and mashing F5!

Godspeed to you all :)

BASIC-20101226 [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/14179-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-16-april-1600/]WOLFPACKS-20110416[/link] ADVANCED-20110514 COVOPS-20110717 STEALTH-BOMBERS-20111119

#10 Nero Prime

Nero Prime

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:53 AM

Sorry to see Agony go. 

I remember my first BASIC class with Spin and Copter.  After joining Agony, Weeks helping me with Covops scouting. 

Sitting on a gate with Viss, I try to probe down a logged off enemy for the fleet, only to realize I had screwed everything up, (LOL)

All in all, Agony has been the best group of people I ever played with.  You all will be missed in the EVE Universe.

BASIC - 1810081800 (#1709)

A&W - 0271220081700 (Adv-Pvp #100 / Wolfpacks #16)

COVOPS - 1804090001 (Class Admin)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

-AB1TA

#11 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:25 AM

Strange .. but even though I've been out for a few years - I have still kept eyes on the Agony KB

Can confirm that after 11 years I have failed to 'stop sucking' .. but thanks to the Agony family I suck slightly less - thank you for that. 

Fly Safe .. 

#12 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

It's always sad when great things come to an end, but Agony will always have a special place in my heart.

Everyone who I flew with, and everyone who came before and after, you're some of the best people I've had the pleasure of hanging out with either online or in real life.

I will always treasure the memories I had with Agony o7

EDIT - Anyone who wants to catch up, feel free to add me on steam, search for Sir Edmund Bumblebee

"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#13 Yam

Yam

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

Wow. Sad day indeed.

Although I rarely play these days, I took some kind of comfort in knowing that Agony was still out there, doing the things Agony do. And once in a while I saw one in local.

Had some good times with all of you.

Fly safe!

----------------------------------------------------

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

#14 Eomar

Eomar

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

My post was deleted. Really you are that bitter that Echo are having fun elsewhere in eve. A sad note to close your doors with. Shame to whoever was responsible.

#15 Kenda deLagrange

Kenda deLagrange

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

My post was deleted. Really you are that bitter that Echo are having fun elsewhere in eve. A sad note to close your doors with. Shame to whoever was responsible.

Not at all. We do hope Echo is having fun PvPing in New Eden. However I think we can agree that Echo didn't exactly leave on friendly terms and therefore we are not exactly thrilled if you use this of all the threads to push your recruitement. I hope you can understand.

#16 Eomar

Eomar

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

We left on friendly terms, after deciding the Agony family needed to part ways to pursue the opportunities that were best for each time one. We’re not pushing recruitment at all, Kenda. Honestly, we couldn’t care less whether there are 10 of us or 20 - it was just a friendly invitation for anyone from the Agony family who is adrift without a home, since we’re a continuation of the same spirit of small-gang pvp that is still alive and strong.

#17 Azual

Azual

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

I suppose all chapters must come to a close, and it's never an easy decision to make. Agony gave me some of the best years of gaming that I've had, and I'll carry those crazy memories around with me for a long time.

To all agonites past and present, and to our wider family in the pvp-u: fly safe wherever the solar wind takes you o7
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#18 Tea

Tea

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

So many memories and so many names from the past, it is hard to know what to say!

In short, Agony gave me opportunities that I never thought possible.

• You took me from a shy player just learning about PvP to assisting with and then teaching courses. Quite a rush once the terror subsided ;)
  • You allowed me to participate in the alliance tournament, letting me fly several times in AT6 and AT8 (the less said about AT7 the better ;))
  • You pushed me to run for CSM - twice (but I don't know if that was just you all trolling me :P)

All in all, Eve and Agony became a large part of my life for a number of years and I cherish that.

Big thanks to all the pilots and students who made Agony what it was and especially big thanks to all the people who stepped up to keep the machinery running for so long.

o7

Tea

#19 Granger

Granger

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

A sad day indeed - especially since some bugger(s) pushed Granger out of the top 10 all time killers - I have no chance to make it up now!!!

Seriously though, it was great to know and fly with you guys, take care.

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#20 killa_bee

killa_bee

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Damn that is a sad day for sure .... haven't played EVE in ages but i enjoyed it a lot including my time in Agony :(

Posted Image

#21 industrial oblitorator

industrial oblitorator

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

OI join I N E X T R E M I S

We joined you and now its time for you to join us!

oi oi oi channel in game .. all and any AGONY is welcome with open arms

#22 Deran

Deran

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

I increasingly believed this was on the cards, but as one of the many people who put time and effort into making the corp work for the playing base, it’s still sad to see. What do you guys (who haven’t yet “won Eve”) plan to do from now on? In any case, if any of you want to hook up some time or say “Hi” catch me in the “Echo Unleashed” channel in game.

Edited by Deran, 20 March 2018 - 01:11 PM.

BASIC-20100220 WOLFPACKS-1203102200

Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful, paralyzing, poifect, pachydoimous, percussion pitch.

#23 Silas

Silas

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

I increasingly believed this was on the cards, but as one of the many people who put time and effort into making the corp work for the playing base, it’s still sad to see. What do you guys (who haven’t yet “won Eve”) plan to do from now on? In any case, if any of you want to hook up some time or say “Hi” catch me in the “Echo Unleashed” channel in game.

I think some of us are on the fence and still deciding what to do... Some have decided where to go. I don't feel right speaking for anyone else, but I am undecided myself as of right now.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#24 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

I still have some loot scooped off the field from the AT matches I survived. If anyone wants a small piece of agony history...

I still need as many agony corpses as possible.

I'm still a collector... if you can spare any agony corpses, please contract them to Alistone Malikite.

Compensation is available if desired.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 keacte

keacte

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

It is so great to see so many old timers on this thread 07

I am genuinely sad that it has come to this and have to say that it was totes emosh splicing and dicing that video.

but

thank you for making this corp such an awesome place - I know eve is just a game, but many of you shaped the corp and really made it what it was for me.

I genuinely see you as friends, and not just a purple splodge in fleet.

I am unclear as to what the next step in Eve is for me - but hope that if you see me in space, that you 07

I am proud to have been a part of something as awesome as Agony Unleashed 07