Photo

I'm going to regret this....

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Hi all,

After a hiatus of quite some time (no snarky comments please Loon) I'm looking for that final spark to kick me back into EVE. Where else to go then but the Agony forums.

What are you guys up to?

How has the game changed in the last couple of years?

Is it worth putting in the effort to re-learn the game?

Which Agony reprobates are still lurking around?

Anything I missed?

Stein. 

Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

Who is this clown? :P

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 Silas

Silas

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

To answer your questions:

We live in Pure Blind tending a lovely little patch of what used to be Goon/SMA space. Also there is the AT coming up, so some of use are a bit focused on that...

Game has changed a lot. Almost too much to name. Lots of quality of life improvements. Some new ships etc. depending on when you last checked in. New structures to eventually replace POS are on the way etc. etc.

It's still EVE. I don't think it would take you THAT long to get back into the swing of things. And I think it would be worth it...

Agony dudes still around from your time... I guess Gizz, Loon, Hsu Li and myself? Maybe a few more? I'm not entirely sure when you last played :P

Anything you missed... probably lots  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#4 keacte

keacte

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

+1 clown

Come on back mate! :)

#5 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

o/ Stein

First: Victory is Life!

#6 Elenahina

Elenahina

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

I resent that.  I am not a reprobate; I am a proper miscreant of the first order.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
You cannot teach a man what he thinks he already knows. -- Epictetus, The Handbook of Epictetus
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day. Shoot him in the face, and you keep all the fish for yourself.

#7 muk

muk

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

It is really nice to see so many familiar faces and names still here.

While I was never a very accomplished player of EvE, I really enjoyed my time in Agony. This whole imminent play for free malarky has me tempted to perhaps download the client again and have a look around.

I think I last logged out in a carrier somewhere in Cache...

BASIC - 1810081800
WOLFPACKS - 3005090030
Our lunge and speed and bloody secret: the way to a man's heart is through his chest!

#8 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:03 AM

So Stein... you back in game?

How is it?

Tanks.... -n- lazors ftw.

Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#9 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

How did I miss this...Stein, muk, Kerzack - all come back please.

Some of us have been playing for a number of years and still have little to no clue how Eve actually works - it won't take you long to get back to my level (you may already be above it tbh).
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#10 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

How did I miss this...Stein, muk, Kerzack - all come back please.

Some of us have been playing for a number of years and still have little to no clue how Eve actually works - it won't take you long to get back to my level (you may already be above it tbh).

Confirming you could probably descend to Loon's level in a matter of days.

#11 Carver

Carver

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:54 PM

Days? Please.

When are we having that drink, Stein?

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#12 waggi

waggi

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:59 AM

Well Stein beat me back! I'm thinking the same, logged on and saw all my ships and equipment, would not have the foggiest of what to do with my Rapier or Vagabond now. Probably auto lock and fire on some one in front of concord! So anyway good to see some old hands still around. Hopefully chat soon!

Posted Image

#13 keacte

keacte

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:32 AM

fucking hell...! - waggi! 07

#14 waggi

waggi

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:48 AM

07 Keacte!! Great to see you, you old bugger! Is there a public TS for Agony?

Posted Image

#15 keacte

keacte

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

07 Keacte!! Great to see you, you old bugger! Is there a public TS for Agony?

HAHAHA! - not that old! ;) - you too ... howve you been?

Yes... TS > https://wiki.agony-u...ng_Up_Teamspeak
and discord > http://discord.agony-unleashed.com/

#16 waggi

waggi

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

I'm good Keacte! I'm on the alpha clone at the moment redoing some of the noob tutorials to get the basic basics down  :wacko:

Posted Image

#17 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

fucking hell...! - waggi! 07

This!
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#18 waggi

waggi

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

LOOOOOON! 07
Posted Image

#19 Comojo

Comojo

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

damm i miss the good old days!!!

MOJO

#20 keacte

keacte

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

mojo!... wow! blast from the past matey!! - how the devil are you?

#21 Comojo

Comojo

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:52 AM

im good k thanks for asking, just miss the good old days and the fun roams we used to have, not to mention the good old chats :)

MOJO

#22 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

omg, its comojo!

o/

First: Victory is Life!

#23 keacte

keacte

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

im good k thanks for asking, just miss the good old days and the fun roams we used to have, not to mention the good old chats :)

Good stuff pal - still roaming and chatting shit on comms of course...

BTW, Eve is free (to an extent) - take a look into it on eves website and see if you get the urge to come and fly again...You know where we are! ;) Come say Hi ! :)

#24 Comojo

Comojo

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Free :) still have a account although havent played in some time, i have created a new toon to see how it all feels, camera is a bit strange especially when you launch, so used to turning camera but it just seems to zoom in, very odd.

I am on Comojo sometimes not done much other than look at my pretty ships that are sitting in empire space, do some missions to get some isk other than that not much, suppose eve not much of solo game for to long

if you see me on fee free to chat, not sure if the peoples places works anymore mine all says offline, even when i added my other account (he can see me online but i cant see him online)

MOJO

#25 Comojo

Comojo

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

omg, its comojo!

o/

Hi Hsu Li how are you, long time no see

MOJO