Photo

[FEEDBACK] [31 March 02:30 Eve Time (evening of Wednesday 30th for US timezone!)] Fly on an Agony Fleet - Dual-prop frigates

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ned Echerie

Ned Echerie

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

Post your feedback for https://forums.agony...-prop-frigates/here. Thanks very much to all that came.

BASIC-20131004 | WOLFPACKS-20140301

"The truth is that most of us survive day-to-day not due to any real ability to keep ourselves and our families safe, but simply because there is usually nobody in the immediate proximity who wishes otherwise."
-Christian Cantrell

#2 Xena Jax

Xena Jax

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

I had so much fun and will keep a close eye for your next fleet. Great kills! Great FC! Great Job Ned, Lucy and Malkandria! Definitely will join for the next one!

#3 Ichi Kamikaze

Ichi Kamikaze

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

Very fun fleet comp. FC & skirmishers did great. The following are quibbles:

I should have asked for a quick tutorial on the AAR before we left - remembered to turn reload off. Any reason not to permanently pre-heat & run overheat on these like ASBs?

If the FC has time, repeating calls with the phonetic alphabet can help, ie "align to K7D, align to Kilo Seven Delta" - Misunderstood a couple calls with my bottom of the line Logitech headset.

Myself included, the applied damage could have been better on the slower to kill targets if we all remembered to get the optimal ammo loaded in warp to, and drones out on landing.

I had the Hurricane locked & inside scram range that we missed (FC had already put tackle on the other side of the gate iirc), blaming my lack of initiative on my rustiness  :wacko:

Once again thanks for the very fun roam.

PS - Lucy, your losses wont look so horrible if you stop flying around with geckos in cargo :P

Edited by Ichi Kamikaze, 31 March 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#4 lucyDearheart

lucyDearheart

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

Yeah that is what I get for looting a gecko from fleeing Ishtars. You should pre-load and run the AAR with heat but sometimes you don't have enough cycles and the one or two extra you can put in while pulsing the AAR can be the difference between a pod and a ship. The reason for no auto reload is if you stop the repper once it has run out of ammo it will try to reload and you can't cancel it. I have lost a number of close engagements due to forgetting to turn off auto-reload.

#5 Set Yeva

Set Yeva
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

I had a blast, if timing is right I'll be on the next fleet for sure.

With not a lot of experience in pvp or fleet it took me a while to settle in and I made a few mistakes, no fatal ones though ..lol, also forgot to insure my ship before undocking got away with it though. Anyway keen for more practice, I’ve still got three ships out there to blowup.

So cheers Ned, Malkandria and Lucy for putting in the time, you all made my day.

PS: I'll have a proper\working headset for the next excursion.

#6 ogeo

ogeo

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

Excellent job by Agony and all attendees! It was my first Agony fleet since leaving the corp in 2008, and as much as the game has changed, it's nice to see that the way Agony plays it has not.

My only suggestion would be to consider an earlier start time on occasion. You of course have to go with what works for Agony, but for East coast US, it went a little late. Though tired today, I don't regret staying up!

Thanks again,

Ogeo
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?66101]BASIC-0803081900 [/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70928]WOLFPACKS-041920081900[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED-050320081900 [/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?74418]COVOPS-1105081200 [/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?78237.0]FLYBYS-2206081600
[/link]

#7 Hasril Pux

Hasril Pux

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:28 AM

I also live on the east coast, and although the start time is certainly on the late side, I understand that the Agony members running the class were quite literally just getting back home from work right before the class began. I have my doubts they could run fleets any earlier without disrupting their own real life schedules. So I really don't mind it, and if I need to punch out of fleet early due to my own real life schedule I'm sure they will likewise understand.

Agony fleets do a great job of herding cats. As always, I made lots of mistakes during the roam. But the good thing about making mistakes is that I learn from my own stupidity. I like that. I really like that. And rather than repeatedly coddling me or yelling obscenities, Agony FC's tend to inform me once or twice of what I'm doing wrong and then allow the harder lessons fall where they may. Such as when I warped off without my drones. I'm used to seeing them in space, and so when I adopted the AGONY-BASIC overview I just sort of flaked out on them because I couldn't see them. Oh well. Lesson learned. But that's what I came for, to learn.

I never like to judge the usefulness of a PvP class or a roam in terms of the payout I get on the killboards or even the dynamics or a great fight. I just tend to consider them opportunities to practice being a competent player in EVE. That's why even if I go out on a roam and it turns out to be rather uneventful (or turns into a gank fest for that matter), just being in that space and doing my best to stay there is enough for me.

That being said, last night's roam was both insightful and eventful. I thoroughly enjoyed fleeting with Agony, as usual.

Oh and on that Hurricane's escape... I should not have resisted urges to scram it. In that moment I took too long to pipe up on what I was noticing. And I believe being a fleet member is not just to follow orders, but to inform your FC in a timely fashion about things you notice. So that's another lesson learned. I learn a lot in these fleets. Being stupid can has it's advantages.

#8 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:01 AM

Hmm - my Overview from PVP-Basic should have drones in space... Should be set to and 'all' preset on bracket settings.

#9 lucyDearheart

lucyDearheart

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:29 PM

[...]

Oh and on that Hurricane's escape... I should not have resisted urges to scram it. In that moment I took too long to pipe up on what I was noticing. And I believe being a fleet member is not just to follow orders, but to inform your FC in a timely fashion about things you notice. So that's another lesson learned. I learn a lot in these fleets. Being stupid can has it's advantages.

You hit on an important point here Hasril. In my view the perfect fleet member is one who follows orders with initiative. By that I mean you do what the FC says but you also know when to take the initiative and go for a tackle or follow a target in warp even when the FC hasn't called it.

This is obviously a dangerous thing to do and can only be learned by experience. You have to be paying attention the situation as if you were FC to know if the FC is too busy to notice or is purposefully not calling for tackle. This is where communication comes in. If the FC is not actively getting a recon or other report you should pipe up saying you can tackle and ask for permission if you aren't sure what to do.

This is also why I think it is so great that Agony strongly encourages all members to become FCs. So they can have the experience and tools to make that snap decision.

#10 Hasril Pux

Hasril Pux

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

Hmm - my Overview from PVP-Basic should have drones in space... Should be set to and 'all' preset on bracket settings.

Yes, but I am too dumb to switch tabs. Only if I am woodchucking drones do I check that tab. I'm learning.

#11 Hasril Pux

Hasril Pux

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:49 AM

Nevermind...  I just checked, and you are right Itko, I can see them on the default tab...  not sure why I was blind to them last night. But I really didn't see them at all. Maybe I was zoomed out way too far.