Photo

[FEEDBACK] PvP-BASIC 14th November @18:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Silas

Silas

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

Please feel free to give feedback, both positive and negative, and especially on what we could improve.

This was my first class so I know for sure I can do some things better next time. 

Thank you all for coming along and hope to see some of you back as alumni or for other classes.

--Silas

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#2 Xena Jax

Xena Jax

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

As always, great roam! Always a pleasure to fly with Agony.

#3 NYYanksH8r

NYYanksH8r
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:46 AM

thought i knew all of it, ofc didn't. new perspectives are always good to see at the very least. Will definently attend the roams again, great fun to be had. Only thing I may suggest, it was written that a 'long' roam was going to take place...maybe give time frame/window of length. i was expecting 2-3 hours, and (not dissapointingly by any means) got about 5, with plenty of good fights in it.

#4 Ren Onikaze

Ren Onikaze
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:21 AM

I really enjoyed the roam- we were very successful! The Agony vets led us well in finding targets and getting our fleet into winnable fights. I am so glad I stuck around for the Vindi kill which was hillarious. I am very glad I participated and look forward to the next class.

Suggestions for improvement: The lecture very closely followed the required reading, so I found it somewhat repetative after reviewing all the great wiki material. Maybe having demos for each concept would really hammer home the lessons. I fuly expected to lose ships in live-fire excercises.

While the roam was defineately a great experience and huge confidence builder for me, it wasn't always clear how the the text/lecture info was being correctly or wrongly applied by students. I'm not sure if those of us who blew up knew exactly what went wrong, and therefore how to do better next time.

#5 Nellie

Nellie
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

Fantastic class- I learned a ton! So many firsts (fleeted, podded, bubbled, lost, and found).  Taught by capable (and patient) instructors and led by a great FC!

I'm thinking a class repeat for me would be a great idea (for many reasons)  ;)  As a total noob, it was a great place to be with so many people that appeared to know what they were doing. The agent missions don't prepare for PvP, and the class gave me a solid sense of my skill deficits. 

Thanks for all!!

Nellie, aka "I'm lost again" Sharpe

#6 Holten Warr

Holten Warr
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

Great class and roam. And a very good job by all involved in finding fights, good choice of targets all around. Nothing falling on the wrong side of hopeless or harmless. (Vindi might have been harmless but that was a hilarious encounter no matter what ;) )

As for suggestions for improvement, I do agree with Ren that there was quite an overlap between the required reading and things taught in class. Maybe a clearer divide in the reading material between "Things you need to know 100% before showing up" and "Articles on things that will be covered in class" could be useful? Still a good delivery of the material and having an instructor there to help clear up any questions is definitely useful. 

Another thing to consider is maybe taking the class for a short loop through high-sec at "fleet-speed" since moving as a fleet under an FC usually is the most foreign concept for new PVP'ers and something that is really hard to practice by yourself. This could potentially help keep fleet cohesion for the early parts of the roam.

But once again I did really enjoy both the class and the roam, thanks to everyone involved for doing a great job.

#7 Silas

Silas

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:00 PM

Only thing I may suggest, it was written that a 'long' roam was going to take place...maybe give time frame/window of length.

Will make a note of this and see if we can add this to the signup thread etc.

The lecture very closely followed the required reading, so I found it somewhat repetative after reviewing all the great wiki material. Maybe having demos for each concept would really hammer home the lessons. 

As for suggestions for improvement, I do agree with Ren that there was quite an overlap between the required reading and things taught in class. Maybe a clearer divide in the reading material between "Things you need to know 100% before showing up" and "Articles on things that will be covered in class" could be useful? 

Thank you. We will have a look at this for sure.

I'm thinking a class repeat for me would be a great idea (for many reasons)   ;)  As a total noob, it was a great place to be with so many people that appeared to know what they were doing. 

As a BASIC Alumni, you are welcome to attend any upcoming BASIC class for free. You can sit in on the entire class if you like, or you can join us for the roam only. It's up to you.

Also keep in mind that we hold fairly regular NPSI fleets which are free and open to anyone but contain no teaching element.

EDIT: An alumni is someone that completed the class.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself