Photo

Some things never change: (---UPDATE 7/21---)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47172479/

I'm especially proud of the time on the KM.
Flawless victory.

---Update 6/14-----
A day in the legion....
a 'ratting' carrier is tackled and I hop into my Blops and brave is blobbing in typical fashion with 50+ bombers.
This is the result: https://zkillboard.c...6/201506141800/
Normally I don't 'sick brag bro' for killing Brave, but I'd be lying if that wasn't enjoyable.

That alone would have been the highlight of my day, but there is more.....
They tried again, on a different carrier, with fewer bombers-----needless to say-- the result was exactly the same, only more lopsided into our favor since everyone was already in fleet. Now we press on later into the day after I'm done with homework. I log back in and people are discussing forming BLops--- my interest is peaked only this time it isn't for a defense op. As the situation develops the targets get larger with an increasing local count, and we decide to do a standard drop instead of BLops. Since the targets are mostly Brave affiliated (Few Naga and explicit and others) we form gilas and leave the big toys at home. Target was a few procures (My favorite!) and a small DPS guard. The Sabre works his magic, cyno goes up and Gilas come in. DPS on field gets smashed, and we start on the procurers. Dscan looks promising.....and thus the real battle begins. I was having flash backs of Itkos own large scale blob fight we had in Catch vs Corebloodbrothers. https://www.youtube....h?v=qqTQlN7h194
They just kept landing over and over. With some pretty clutch bubble placement we were almost always in a desirable range, but always severally outnumbered and our logi pilots were struggling the entire time. FC decides to escalate and a triage is brought in... and not a moment to soon---yours truly was just made the primary. OH OH OH and OH some more. Triage lands, and magic begins. I stop the OH as reps land. I'm critically wounded but saved with enough hull to keep fighting and fight we did. The waves kept coming. Hero pings and gets an Eagle fleet together with surprising speed (Are they getting good?).

The pressure is on now, an actual fleet has formed from a bunch of suiciding hero forces, Geddens are now pressuring the triage, which is bad for me since I'm still being primaries. I'm wounded enough they won't let go and move on; more and more pile onto me and I'm no longer being baited with triage, but instead he is actually trying to keep me up. A bit more hull slips....Back to OHing invulns. I have every effect on me including tracks (Lol ok so Hero isn't that good afterall). The pressure is on and FC makes the call to make this a 2 triage fight. Another is brought in, but sadly can't get the lock on me in time--quarter million damage later: https://zkillboard.com/kill/47265465/
Not bad for a 240m investment. While dying I took a lot of things down, but it was going to take time to reship though the process was sped up since Hero decided to kill my pod (Thanks!). Fleet member speaks up informing FC that 2 carriers have arrived on field. Perfect chance for SayGen I to work his 100% kill rate Dread play. I ask the FC if I may bring in the dread since my gila died. He approves and within 30s my Nag and all of it's vertical majestic supremacy is on field. I siege Green and now it's time to get to work.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47265683/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/47265639/

Didn't take long with the enemy carriers under massive 2500mm assault, vengeance was claimed. I extracted once enemy caps where removed and reshipped Amnesty back into another gila to rejoin fleet. Shortly after we broke Blue Ice's fleet and wrapped up the field spreading points and killing several, Eagles, Gila, and Tengu.
GFs and "USA#1s" in local. Well done to everyone.

BR: http://evf-eve.com/s...e=101&t=rub&r=1

Not bad for a little EvE on a Sunday.

---Update 6/27---
Had an amazing fleet today, I'm sure several articles will be written on the news sites. In the meantime:
http://evf-eve.com/s...0&t=rvvbaae&r=1
The day started with another battle that the Euros fought, I couldn't be there since I had class(lame). They ended up taking a costly engagement to destroy what is widely believed to be a Titan fetus, giving the 'we won' bragging rights to both 'BL' and the 'Rest of EvE.'
Several hours later in the same system was another titan fetus that needed a coat hanger. This time however, it was Test, Goons, Hero, and PL -vs- BL/Fcore. (Even more lopsided in terms of numbers than what the BL-Euros faced.)

Despite only having 150 people in fleet, we entered battle under the truly gifted Elo against 495 others in system.
I must say flying under Elo is one hell of an experience, when he gives a command he means now, and not a server tick later. ♥.
It was one amazing fight, continuing the struggle of being the few against the many (just on a larger scale than my fights as a proud member of Agony).
Elo entered us into a deserted pocket via bridge and we went to the gate trying to enter system before our adversaries could stop us. However, as predicted goon/Pl dictors were ready and we had to clear them up before getting to the gate. No sooner had we smashed through them, deaggressed and entered our target system we were greeted by two enemy fleets sitting off a massively bubbled gate some distance away from each other. It looked like a pincer, thankfully in space there is always a mid between any 2 stationary points. We literally weaved through bubbles to the shortest path all the while smashing enemy tackle off and hauling with max transversal against the enemy fleets. I was so impressed at how quickly cap chains and logi could get to work despite being under extremely heavy pressure. Ships were all but alpha'd off the field as T3s dropped one by one. We were only saved by a lack of communication between the enemy fleets where they weren't combining primaries. We cleared the bubbles, broke enemy dictor wave after wave and warped to a nearby perch to lick our wounds. Breaking free and getting some breathing room was costly, but we were far from done. Having escaped an extremely disadvantageous position and listening to the confidence of Elo/assisting FCs it was clear we were far from done.

Excellent skirmishers and cloaky ops provided key warp ins that allowed us to gain a massive field position at the target POS with the Titan fetus. We started laying into the enemy carriers that were attempting to provide the fetus with life support. Those selfless workers were met with destruction as one by one we downed the carriers. Even with enemy fleets converging on the grid, quick maneuvering allowed us to be in range of at least one enemy repping carrier. We juked our way across the grid putting the much greater enemy fleets to shame, as Hero continued to do what they always do--throwing frigs into the meat grinder as they attempt to land tackles that bore no fruit.

Eventually it was time to move on as attrition took its toll, losing logi anchors and the occasional dictor/skirmish.
Elo pressed his warp and we went flying towards our exit, the gate as expected was bubbled, but the enemy fleet didn't realize our intention and we cleared the bubbles almost without incident. Entering the neighboring system, Elo set up to kill a bit more. As members of the opposition came in and attempted to approach our fleet that had suffered almost 40% attrition Elo called in carriers to made a stand. For 5 mins, things got real. Target after target after target. It all happened soo fast. Eventually the enemy fleets were overwhelming and loses started to occur, including some of the faithful carriers.

We were battered but the next system over was our haven and we thought it was over for the day upon arrival.

We were wrong.

Not getting our target and slightly losing the isk war, apparently motivated Hero to act foolishly (surprised?)
Rather than take a modest but well earned victory as larger (3x) fleets tend to do- they decided to counter attack BL assets near our very own staging systems.
Several dreads opened fire on a POS, it didn't turn out well. BL was in no mood to play and staying humble in defeat is never easy. This unwise and rash behavior of Hero needed to be handled.

And handled it was as the hammer was dropped. Flawlessly several SuperCarriers entered the field and slew the arrogant Hero forces that attempted to run what is being referred to as a 'victory lap' on BL turf. Once put back in their place, the isk war shifted, the 'moral' victory achieved---BL called it a day. All is right in the world.

Bear was there as well, I talked with him a bit during the OP. Good to have a familiar face as I continue my newest adventures in BL.
o7

Video: https://www.youtube....h?v=kiyxZaB3Koo

---UPDATE 7/12---
Fun day today, mostly quiet in fountain at least in context now that Hero was accidently evicted.
I informed a few FC about the Agony fleet (Basic class). Most weren't interested as it isn't the type of content that BL is looking at, but a few were keen.
I organized the form up, it was a little frustrating. At first no one joined the fleet, but as soon as a prominent FC sent out a PING we had 60 people in fleet 50 of them in Gila. I said from the start that wasn't going to work, We shut the fleet of invites and start pressuring people to downship. A few shuttle jokes were made but eventually most people were able to tune it down. We limited logi to 2 scimi, and mostly had light ships, Intys, Slicers, a few misc, and then the Gila leaving links at home. By the time we moved out we squashed the fleet size to less than 25. It wasn't easy, and people were confused on this idea of a small gang 'good fight'. After I spoke up and explained what we were doing, people seemed more receptive, and dare I say even happy.

We flew a long time, when you live as far west as west goes----well you get the idea. I showed up to Aus with the fleet but when we had the scouts following the Agony fleet they entered a WH. I was so mad. Thankfully we had a sabre who could refit probes and we began to figure out where the Agony fleet was going only to realize it was Thera! Ugh. I was also in AGONY comms at the time, and poked some of the Agony dudes informing them I had a fight for them, but originally I didn't get a response, a little frustrating considering I went really far outa my way to bring them a gf---and to their doorstep at that! Luckily, they wiped (sorry) and reshipped at their staging while BL poked a bit into the new brave staging system. didn't really kill anything as CAMEL was already farming their undock. On Agony's way back they saw our fleet in full view, and I started getting poked as they changed their minds and seemed keen on fighting.

I worked coordinating trying to get everyone happy and on the same page (FCs willing to fight, what system, etc). I did managed to get them (on both sides) to agree not to kill Glepp in exchange they didn't shoot me (I'm selfish, and BL FC wasn't worried about getting headshot). I tempted to play as if I was the FC, but I was in a slicer not a gila so I had a feeling my ruse attempt was weak. BL did get a little impatient as they were set up ready to go in the dedicated system only to be left waiting. We can be an impatient bunch, though to be fair it wasn't that long a wait, but after a long journey and worried about a 2nd blue balling......

I think they just aren't used to having to move around without JBs and Titans to make travel much easier. After getting word from Agony that they were in fact enroute I passed the info along and people early awaited the promised content. In the nature of GFs I again muted the Agony comms so I wouldn't temp myself to have an unfair advantage.

I was able to really contribute here and provide some basic knowledge to our fleet in terms of what to expect. Because I've flown in hydra fleets before I knew setting the logi away from the DPS wasn't a good idea. Damps, Jams, and ECM galore was going to be hitting the logi so I was able to get the logi to chill with the DPS for the fight to increase the likelihood of reps reaching during combat. I also recognized the attempts of the Agony support that were in intys and while it wasn't rocket science, I was able to rely what was going to happen and what they were attempting. Once we saw Rev Ell dart into the fray we knew to remove him off field, but his dive, though suicidal, was well placed and the enemy fleet got a good warp in. We maintained our align as we primarily did a distance down approach. I can verify only one gila mentioned in comms that he was taking damage. Sadly, we had already lost one who decided not to tell us he was left behind after being scrammed webb'd. Very frustrating as trading one gila is basically a break even isk fight if we welp the enemy fleet, but to lose 2 tilts the isk war against us beyond recovery. (Though we didn't know about 2 gila loses at the time). Not too big a deal this was suppose to be a good fight, and people were having fun so /shrug. The battle continued as we were able to recognized one of our 2 scimi were out of position. This was a critical moment in the battle. We had a sabre with us, and it was important not to allow Agony to pounce on the scimi, as any further losses would not be acceptable. With great placement a bubble went up and this not only prevented the pouncing of one of our scimis but it also broke the unity of the Agony fleet. It was time to really take control of the fight and we shifted our align and picked off the first half of the Agony fleet. Unable to escape, we called to spread points to get as many kills as possible, but regardless of points the NPSI fleet stayed valiantly on field to the last man (for the most part, the Agony dudes in ceptors lived :P [I would have run too no worries].)

https://zkillboard.com/br/44721/

After the fight, everyone on both sides were respectful and seemed to have a good time. I'm glad I was able to help make this happen, hopefully GFs like these lead to others in the future for NPSI fleets. I was able to peel away BL comms and went into Agony comms and provided some knowledge on my perspective of the battle, a shortened version of what you read here. It was on Agony comms I learned of the 2nd Gila. We thought it was an even trade at roughly 300m losses each, but in fact we lost 2 gila. Complements on all sides were exchanged and I passed them on. Glepp sent complements to our sabre pilot who landed the critical bubbles, and everyone was happy. BL secured the field and looted the very inexpensive mods :P. (by BL I mean me). :)

Shortly after we made our way home, gf indeed.
Special shout out to the BL allies Pwn N' Play who are recent additions to the alliance coming from Nulli Secunda. They represented a large portion of the BL fleet. Way to impress.

---7/16---
Had some fun today.

Did a bit of carrier ratting for a couple hours to pay for this month PLEX, after that did some logistical runs for my alliance mates. I need a new account so I can have a cyno chain from here to 4-4 without having to log a toon off. With PI, carrier ratting, and market seeding I should be able to make that happen.

Continuing to more interesting things...

A nearby timer in cloud ring was active and so BL was interested in showing up and shooting everyone. Continuing the standard BL narrative of the 'few against the many': We didn't play favorites and shot and killed indiscriminately, even while getting ourselves caught in between 2 hostile fleets. Our superior positioning and range control allowed us to secure the field against all the enemy fleets. Despite being able to record fights now that I got my shadow play functional again---I forgot -_-.
Though to be fair, some of the enemy fleets weren't well suited to go against us, such as the rupture fleet. The Zealot fleet was more fun to fight, and made more enjoy able when USUPER tried to swing the battle against us by getting a warp in behind us by the logi. Good thing there is an 'up' and 'down', trying to squeeze an arty cynabal fleet isn't easy. Bear was there as well in logi and did a great job.
https://zkillboard.com/br/45158/
Summary: 1.9b killed, 50 ships destroyed in exchange for 30m, 1 ship(inty). Field secured.

At the end of the day, did my PI and talked to my old mentor, J. Cole. It was good to talk to him again. He was in the recent Collide tournament representing SSC for those of you who don't know. Great fun to watch, check them out if you haven't. http://www.twitch.tv...lides/v/7450169

More updates/news below....Including video :)

Edited by SayGen, 21 July 2015 - 11:36 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:
--Victorieux Luxury Yacht kill
--Longest consecutive (5months) TopKiller

#2 Elenahina

Elenahina

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

Way to scoop the DT kill mail.  :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
You cannot teach a man what he thinks he already knows. -- Epictetus, The Handbook of Epictetus
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day. Shoot him in the face, and you keep all the fish for yourself.

#3 Madness

Madness

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

Sick brag brah

#4 keacte

keacte

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

came expecting miner blops drop - left satisfied! ;)

#5 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:19 AM

Still farming bots in barges, I see.

"Who the F is this knob?"

#6 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:05 AM

(Updated 6/14)
Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#7 Cmore Hanaya

Cmore Hanaya

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

https://beta.eve-kil...ill/47275587/  USA USA

Posted Image

#8 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

https://beta.eve-kil...ill/47275587/  USA USA

Member of Orign for 7 days. -_-
I have a feeling that he may not around for much longer.
But considering I lost a JF for doing something also dumb (though not that bad)(And not in a Corp KM) I'll hold my tongue.

PS: Good to see Agony made it in, best of luck:
Agony Empire bids 74

Edited by SayGen, 16 June 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#9 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Updated 6/27

Edited by SayGen, 27 June 2015 - 10:22 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#10 Trajan Unknown

Trajan Unknown

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

Someone got truly consumed by Elo eh? :D 

Reads like a goon article just with BL instead of goons. No critique tho, Elo is just second to the Mittani himself when it comes to charisma. 

If you want people to build a ship for you don´t ask them to do it for you
instead raise their desire to sail the ocean.

#11 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

Reads like a goon article just with BL instead of goons. No critique tho, Elo is just second to the Mittani himself when it comes to charisma.

1) Goons don't fight outnumbered.
2) BL doesn't believe in blue doughnuts, Since I've joined we haven't fought against an opponent who doesn't outnumber us almost 3:1
3) Mittens charisma is in public realm of EvE. Elo sticks to BL and doesn't care about meta x,y, or z.

Edited by SayGen, 27 June 2015 - 10:26 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#12 EnderTunin

EnderTunin

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

awesome SayGen, keep up the good work, and thanks for the updates!

Posted Image

#13 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

Come on man. Yes, cult of personality happens, but you don't have to reach for the worst example immediately. That's a bit like comparing the blind adoration some Americans had of Kennedy to the blind adoration some Germans had for Hitler: the blind adoration has similar causes, but the effects of one are much worse then that of another. Now appoligize to the man like you mean it!

Spoiler

"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#14 Quest

Quest

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

Dutch just won the thread! :D

We miss you mate!

#15 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

I'll just leave these here:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/47543121/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/47543124/
Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#16 Xixar

Xixar

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Congratulations saygen.
One day, I will find the perfect fit for the wolf.

BASIC-20100116
WOLFPACKS-20101228

ADVANCED-20120418

#17 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47614139/
I don't understand people sometimes.
"If I undock this super slow carrier that can't warp or align fast, I'm sure I'll just be able to triage my way out of any problems. What are neuts?"
Shoulda fit a cyno instead of a capital armor remote rep.

Though I suppose he was more 'brave' than brave. :)
Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#18 Trajan Unknown

Trajan Unknown

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

"If I undock this super slow carrier that can't warp or align fast, I'm sure I'll just be able to triage my way out of any problems. What are neuts?"

You may encounter more of that. I am not the person who talks too bad about other people but what I saw in GE back in the NAGA days were crazy even for my own measurement. Undocking carriers just because we can and hey, it´s our home system nothing will happen. Just slowboat carriers two systems over to rat with them when GE was 23/7 observed and Brave full of spies. Moving supers to GE and realising there was a "slight" miss calculation with the distance and the supers stranded 12hops away from GE (12jumps using jumb bridges). So yes, this one doesn´t surprise me. But the best part about all that is, Brave has a ton of fun non the less. :)

edit: Happy hunting and get us some video footage, Elo isn´t streaming anymore and I have the need for some good footage. 

If you want people to build a ship for you don´t ask them to do it for you
instead raise their desire to sail the ocean.

#19 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

You may encounter more of that. I am not the person who talks too bad about other people but what I saw in GE back in the NAGA days were crazy even for my own measurement. Undocking carriers just because we can and hey, it´s our home system nothing will happen. Just slowboat carriers two systems over to rat with them when GE was 23/7 observed and Brave full of spies. Moving supers to GE and realising there was a "slight" miss calculation with the distance and the supers stranded 12hops away from GE (12jumps using jumb bridges). So yes, this one doesn´t surprise me. But the best part about all that is, Brave has a ton of fun non the less. :)

edit: Happy hunting and get us some video footage, Elo isn´t streaming anymore and I have the need for some good footage.

For some reason my Nvidia shadow play isn't working the way it should. If I can get it fixed I'll try to get some video.
Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#20 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

---UPDATE 7/12---
PS: Got my shadow play to start working again, sadly I didn't capture this fight- but I should get future ones. If any Agony/NPSI dudes got a recording, please share :)

Edited by SayGen, 12 July 2015 - 05:41 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#21 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:33 AM

---Updated 7/16---
Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#22 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:18 AM

My first attempt at video editing.
I'm stuck using WLMM.
It's not very good, but it gave me something to work with.

The aspect ratio is off even though I selected 1080p on my shadowplay and 16:9 on my WLMM
The resolution is showing max at 720 when it should be 1080p as I recorded it. When I finished in WLMM I selected 1080 in the save menu. Not sure why it downgraded out of nowhere.

Edited by SayGen, 20 July 2015 - 05:18 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#23 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

https://www.youtube....yNicIc_EzPwS1gE

Edited by SayGen, 21 July 2015 - 08:00 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#24 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

Killing goons....The good life.
Not my video.

Edited by SayGen, 29 July 2015 - 12:54 PM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:

#25 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:58 AM

Would have had video but I crashed mid fight, sorry. On the plus side- GJ logi for fast reflexes.
https://zkillboard.com/br/48402/
https://zkillboard.com/br/48387/
https://zkillboard.c...6/201508090300/
Asking around if someone else has the video.

Edited by SayGen, 09 August 2015 - 04:17 AM.

Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts: