Photo

[FEEDBACK] PVP-WOLFPACKS 16th November @ 01:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cmore Hanaya

Cmore Hanaya

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:05 AM

So my first wolfpacks. Thanks all who attended. I will but up a AAR in a couple of days.

I welcome all feedback from this class.

AAR for the last quarter of the Roam:  

Dotlan was down, so I used the "average pilots in space in the last 30 minutes" in-game map tool to identify targets.  Syndicate had very few targets remaining, and I saw Deklein looked promising (even though it is often suicidal to head there).  At this point, we had about 10 pilots with us, so we were somewhat diminished in strength.  We aimed towards pureblind, only to be slowed and sidetracked by pirates in juicy ships.  Messing around with a some pirates bating us with a phobos, and smashing into a group of Sins before heading back to Stacmon to Reship.  The second attempt, we made a beeline for Pureblind and ignored the local Siren songs.  In nullsec, we began hunting for ratters and attempted picking a fight all the way into Deklein.  In Fade, Saygen caught a drake that ran to the defense of his hulk/skiff fleet for our first kill.  Sadly, the mining fleet made it to safety before Saygen even landed on grid.  I had less success, landing on grid with Dominix's that would warp away before I could power to them, until I finally caught a thanatos.  Granted, there were 4 thannies on scan, and I announced we had little hope of taking down the thanny, but we were interested in killing support.  We also made some batphones to bring in backup.  Alas, his support was a 2nd thanny, and together their drones were a bit too much for us.  Our members were warping out and back in, but we kept occasionally losing the few that we had.  Upon a warpout, I spotted a domi on one of the outgates eager to aggress.  Having little hope of holding the thannies for any length of time, I figure this was a better target and rallied our troops to kill it.  That is when a Wyvern warped in to provide him support, followed by a vigil to help his garde's hit us hard.  At this point, we had retreated and started heading back to stacmon, with 2 dessies, 1 griffin, and a malediction as the only remaining combat vessels.  On our way out, we had a nice fight with a crow, kitsune, astero, and jamming guerista rats that chose their side!  We killed the kitsune and lost a destroyer while our pods worked to stay safe.  From there, we headed back to stacmon without incident until ostingale, where I tackled a pirate SFI on a gate.  He was dual rep and baited us while bringing in buddies in a Cynabal and Vagabond, basically resulting in several more loss mails for us.  That was my fault, as I should have recognized shooting the SFI, when positioned on gate like that and able to run away at any time, was simply baiting until his backup could come.  That is when I knew to call it a night.  Thank you for coming!  

Posted Image

#2 SayGen

SayGen

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Great class, thanks again for leading it.
Basic-20131227
WolfPacks-20140216
Agony notable Firsts:
--Victorieux Luxury Yacht kill
--Longest consecutive (5months) TopKiller

#3 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

Awesome class, Cmore!  Nobody will ever believe it was your first time leading it!  

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#4 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • Pip

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:04 AM

The course was perfect! I found it easy to follow and my interpetor was not rushing to keep up with the instructor Cmore. The roam was good and we killed some good ships, I would have like some more fights but was happy to get the kills, and more than that was happy that I didn't lose my pod! And fighting the Thanie was a great way to end the night.

Here's where we went:

10678815_810809412295796_148313453745736

Edited by Gwendolyn, 16 November 2014 - 08:11 AM.

#5 CKishunuba

CKishunuba
  • Pip

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

Never had so much fun getting lost, found and blown up!!! First wolf pack class? Yeah right.

Thanks

Christopher Kishunuba

C Kishunuba

Alumni
BASIC-20140405

WOLFPACKS-20141116

#6 Rooprect

Rooprect

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Many thanks to all of the Agony team and the Alumni who put this together for the students - really enjoyed this (and the previous) class and roam, learnt a lot and was great to see how powerful a small group of dessies and interceptors can be.  We took on some targets today that I wouldn't have thought possible without more and larger ships and handed out a few good kickings.

Really enjoyed flying with you all.

Roop

#7 3Jane

3Jane
  • Pip

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

Excellent class!  Thanks so much for running it.

3Jane Tessier-Ashpool (FCFTW)
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?122207]BASIC - 1104091800[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/23662-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-16th-november-0100]WOLFPACKS-20141116[/link]