This event plays to Agony's strengths.
Theomachy is the Greek term for battle of the gods. As capsuleers we are immortals that struggle for power and worth.
Repercussus will be hosting a tournament appropriately named “Theomachy” on CCP’s Singularity Server in an arena that will have celestials and 14 beacons that may have traps or treasures. Theomachy will encompass up to 400 capsuleers constantly fighting for 4 hours in which the participants may form fleets to work together to kill the opposition, and/or fight solo. Your objective, is to be the last capsuleer alive.
Theomachy will commence 2000 Eve Time, August 9th 2014
All Participants are to be docked in PVH8-0 at 1900 Eve time August 9th. Participants are to have dropped roles on Singularity by no later than 1900 Eve time August 8th. This is to ensure members can join the hosting corporation of “Ludus Gallicus.”
Traps range from troll fitted ships, general managers (GMs) blowing your ship up, and NPCs shooting your ship. Otherwise, a celestial or beacon will have beneficial items you will need to ensure an edge over the competition. Beneficial items include but are not limited to.
- Upgraded ships
- Powerful modules
- Scripted events that will hold rewards ranging from max boosting bonus, logistics support for a single engagement and more.
The rules are simple.
- There is no podding within the first 15 minutes of the event since all participants will need to find and board ships.
- The GMs are not authorized to Pod anyone however participants are encouraged.
- If you are podded then you are out of the tournament. Any attempt to rejoin will result in immediate CCP removal.
- Star gates are off limits! Anyone caught on the gates will result in immediate CCP removal.
- Structures are not a viable target; however, mobile tractor units are the exception.
- Also be warned there is a designated scanning team in system that will be scanning anyone who may create a mid-safe within system who may try to avoid combat. Upon recognition you will be removed by CCP.
In the event of a disconnection or Singularity going down. The participants will have 5 minutes to log back in and join the fight. Once the 5 minutes are up, a snap shot of participants in local will be taken. Any additional participants afterwards will be removed.
What are the prizes available? As of right now sponsorships from corporations, alliances, and CCP has allowed Repercussus to ensure a minimal 30 Billion ISK prize pool. Due to these great donations and sponsorships the following prizes will be awarded. These prizes are determined by the final 3 participants alive who will fight to the death to be named champion.
- Third place (The Honorable Mention) will receive 9 PLEX and a Barghest
- Second place will receive 16 PLEX and a Barghest
- First place (The Champion) will receive 24 PLEX and a Barghest
Furthermore, there will be additional ways to gain prizes. Examples are destroying a designated ship that with high value loot in its cargo, obtain most kills throughout the tournament, etc.
Any questions, comments or concerns please post in thread below and/or refer to the Theomachy website.