Photo

A Solicitation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ked Yatzs

Ked Yatzs

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

AFG for almost a year and a half, I expect serious changes, and I have a few questions I'd be grateful to get answers for:

1) While i'm getting my space legs back, is there a new must-have set of skills that anyone can recommend for me?

2) Suprisingly, I have almost 500 mill isk in my wallet still. Is that a lot of money any more (not that it was really that much before), or has inflation continued it's onward march?

3) Which system should I head to in order that i might be appropriately podded back into game by one of you jokers? (An Agony member can PM me the answer to question 3.)

4) Speaking of skills, I thought i remembered that the skill queue could be modified from the eve-gate. Is that no longer possible? The client download will be done in half an hour or so, but was hoping to start training now. Am I missing something, or am i just remembering thigns wrong?

Yatzee.

Edited by Ked Yatzs, 04 June 2014 - 06:48 PM.

Don't worry, I have a Catalystâ„¢ BPO.

#2 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

1)  They added a few new skills.  They have an adaptive armor hardener that uses a couple skills.  There is a new module "microjumpdrive" that uses a couple skills.  ORE frigate is now a skill (optional).  "Racial" sensor compensations (4 of them) are a must as they increase your sensor strength.  They split battlecruiser and destroyer into "racial battlecruiser"x4 and "racial destroyer"x4.  You may need to inject some of those if you hadn't already trained all your frigate/cruiser races up to 3.

2)  Inflation has been moderate; but Teiricide has increased the cost of lower tier ships to be similar to the higher teir ships.  So Domis and Geddons cost almost as much as abaddons.  T2 frigs are still about 20-25m.  But the price of PLEX has increased a fair bit... makes it more tempting to use cash for isk.

3)  We live in syndicate (3knk)

4)  AFAIK they never let you change your skll queue without loggin into the game itself.

Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Silas

Silas

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

4)  AFAIK they never let you change your skll queue without loggin into the game itself.

They talked about it for a while but it has never been implemented. Not sure if it's even a planned feature anymore.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#4 Ked Yatzs

Ked Yatzs

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

1)  They added a few new skills.  They have an adaptive armor hardener that uses a couple skills.  There is a new module "microjumpdrive" that uses a couple skills.  ORE frigate is now a skill (optional).  "Racial" sensor compensations (4 of them) are a must as they increase your sensor strength.  They split battlecruiser and destroyer into "racial battlecruiser"x4 and "racial destroyer"x4.  You may need to inject some of those if you hadn't already trained all your frigate/cruiser races up to 3.

2)  Inflation has been moderate; but Teiricide has increased the cost of lower tier ships to be similar to the higher teir ships.  So Domis and Geddons cost almost as much as abaddons.  T2 frigs are still about 20-25m.  But the price of PLEX has increased a fair bit... makes it more tempting to use cash for isk.

All my racial destroyers and battlecruisers are 5... Sweet. Racial sensor skills already at 4... Also sweet. They must have defaulted to that because of previous skills. I seem to be good on the armor bit; not sure what adaptive armor thingy you are talking about, but i can't find anything i don't have the skills for. Micro-j drive going into the queue seems to be the only thing i'm missing. Cheers, bub.

#5 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

Armor Layering and Armor Resistance Phasing are the new armour skills. The former reduces the speed / agility penalty of Armor Plates while the latter improves the use of Reactive Armor Hardeners. RAHs give you resists appropriate to what you are being shot with, starting at +15% across the board and slowly working towards what you're being shot by. For example, if you were only being shot with EM, it would eventually be giving you +60% EM resists. You don't need the skill to use it but it adapts to the incoming damage faster if you have it.

#6 Cmore Hanaya

Cmore Hanaya

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

All my racial destroyers and battlecruisers are 5... Sweet. Racial sensor skills already at 4... Also sweet. They must have defaulted to that because of previous skills. I seem to be good on the armor bit; not sure what adaptive armor thingy you are talking about, but i can't find anything i don't have the skills for. Micro-j drive going into the queue seems to be the only thing i'm missing. Cheers, bub.

Yatzee must be agony at his core.

Posted Image

#7 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

AFG for almost a year and a half, I expect serious changes, and I have a few questions I'd be grateful to get answers for:

1) While i'm getting my space legs back, is there a new must-have set of skills that anyone can recommend for me?

2) Suprisingly, I have almost 500 mill isk in my wallet still. Is that a lot of money any more (not that it was really that much before), or has inflation continued it's onward march?

3) Which system should I head to in order that i might be appropriately podded back into game by one of you jokers? (An Agony member can PM me the answer to question 3.)

4) Speaking of skills, I thought i remembered that the skill queue could be modified from the eve-gate. Is that no longer possible? The client download will be done in half an hour or so, but was hoping to start training now. Am I missing something, or am i just remembering thigns wrong?

Yatzee.

KED!

Posted Image

#8 Ked Yatzs

Ked Yatzs

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Yatzee.

KED!

Ronat!