Photo

Well how's it going?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rocinantae

Rocinantae

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hey guys just wanted to say hello to some old friends. And apologize for the way I left. I guess I was just realizing that Eve and taking care of kids wasn't going to work. I thought another more relaxed group would solve my problems and it didn't of course. 

Anyways that's enough serious bullshit. Hows it going? My kids are doing good. My daughter plays minecraft with me. Although im worried about her building dungeons and placing villagers in them. I occasionally play on reddits mcpublic pve server. Im currently in my 30 free period of Elder scrolls online. Well see if I play after that. Thankfully winters over and I can go play some disc golf. I have my son Bobby obsessed with star wars. We even had Darth Vader come to his 4th birthday party and give him a lightsaber. The look in his eyes was awesome. My youngest son just turned 1. He'll join the sci-fi club soon. All that and work. Thats what lifes like now. I wish I could play Eve but just cant. I'll probably sub around expansions just to see whats new. I just need to get these kids in school. See you in 3 years.(crossing fingers).

#2 Sancho

Sancho

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Roc! Good to hear from you! Sounds like you're enjoying time with your kids, which is the best thing in the world. I would love to spend more time with mine and they're pretty much all grown up.

Things are much the same as they've always been. New faces, old faces, some catching up with old Agony mates who've come back and left again. The pew is till on and it's still fun. It will be here when you return. So do your thing and come back when you're ready.

Sancho

Fight them, sure.
Fight to win, always.
Just don't be dicks about it, as usual.

glepp

#3 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Good to see you, Roc. Sounds like you're having lots of fun with the kids even if it does cripple gaming time :-)

#4 Jaepee Dee

Jaepee Dee

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hey, Roc. I just came back from the dead myself last week.

#5 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

o/ Roc

First: Victory is Life!

#6 keacte

keacte

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

\o7 roc

#7 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

I know exactly what you mean Roc - I started Eve when ours went to school but it still wasn't do-able with two kids that age. They're 18 & 16 now which makes life simpler in some respects :D

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#8 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hey Roc; my daughters don't let me play much (my 2 year old has figured out how to turn off the computer and noticed that it always gets my attention...)

But I still hang around; do some a bit of carebearing; and every now (12 hours ago) and then I stay up way way way past my bedtime to kill a apoc navy issue

Life is good.  I don't have much time for eve, but I'm finally able to fly most ships pretty well.  And Agony is a fun family; the sort you sometimes stay up in the middle of the night for. 

RL>>>

But Eve is still great.

Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Aote

Aote

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hey Roc; my daughters don't let me play much (my 2 year old has figured out how to turn off the computer and noticed that it always gets my attention...)

My son used to do that all the time. He thought it was hilarious. Now he wants his own spaceships. 

#10 ChromoZ

ChromoZ

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hi Roc, and everyone else of course!

The new expansion seems exciting, might be time to check out the game again. If so, I'll probably see you in space, as half my stuff is in the viscinity of Syndicate. :-)

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?159155.0]BASIC-20091104[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183633]WOLFPACKS- 1203102200[/link]

#11 Rocinantae

Rocinantae

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

Well I re-subbed. Elder scrolls was alright but I play it by myself so its just not engaging enough to pay to be playing. I need to relearn how to play this game. I mean I never really was that great anyway. Right now im staring at my asset window wondering wtf im going to do. And since I deleted everything Eve related I have lots to keep me busy for a while.

Luckily the kids are in bed at 7pm and I have a few days off. My kids know upon pain of death to never touch dads computer. Luckily I have my own room to keep it in. I dont even want to think about teaching them to play. If they do they are on there own. I'll send them to Syndicate and let you guys deal with them. Have fun, fly reckless. o/

#12 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

You'll need to train some skills:

Ladar, Gravimetric, Radar, Magnetometric sensor compensation (makes you harder to jam)

Armor resistance phasing (lets you use a new module)

Armor honeycombing (reduces mass penalty for armor plates making you align faster)

Microjump drive operation (lets you use a new module)

Gallent Industrial to level 1 (unlocks all the variants of iterons and they removed most prerequisites)

Maybe informorph syncronizing and/or advanced infomorph psychology.  (reduced cooldown on JC; increased available number of JC)

If you didn't have cruiser 3 for every race you'll now need to buy and train "racial" battlecruiser to use various BCs.

If you didn't have frigate 3 for every race you'll now need to buy and train "racial" destroyer to use various destroyers.

Ore Frigate - lets you use a venture ( a new combat or mining ship with two warp core stabs built in)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

Armor honeycombing (reduces mass penalty for armor plates making you align faster)

Armor Layering these days...

#14 Silas

Silas

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

You'll need to train some skills:

Ladar, Gravimetric, Radar, Magnetometric sensor compensation (makes you harder to jam)

Armor resistance phasing (lets you use a new module)

Armor honeycombing layering(reduces mass penalty for armor plates making you align faster)

Microjump drive operation (lets you use a new module)

Gallent Industrial to level 1 (unlocks all the variants of iterons and they removed most prerequisites)

Maybe informorph syncronizing and/or advanced infomorph psychology.  (reduced cooldown on JC; increased available number of JC)

If you didn't have cruiser 3 for every race you'll now need to buy and train "racial" battlecruiser to use various BCs.

If you didn't have frigate 3 for every race you'll now need to buy and train "racial" destroyer to use various destroyers.

Ore Frigate - lets you use a venture ( a new combat or mining ship with two warp core stabs built in)

FYP

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

On the plus side you'll find T1 ships have been buffed and are far more capable than you'll remember ;)

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#16 Rocinantae

Rocinantae

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the new skill plan. Im just taking an old drill sergeants advice after we graduated basic and forget everything I think I know and come into this like im a noob, a noob with 100mill sp. Right now im rolling through career agents and just having fun. If I figure out how to manage my time I will try to make some classes. But I just want to take it all slow and just have fun. 

edit: Not anything that makes me mine though. F*ck that sh#t.

Edited by Rocinantae, 16 May 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#17 Ked Yatzs

Ked Yatzs

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Must be something in the water...

Wow, Roc, Allistone, Japee, Silas, Keacte, Larg, Hsu Li, Sancho... Long time no see, Fellas!

Edited by Ked Yatzs, 04 June 2014 - 05:29 AM.

Don't worry, I have a Catalystâ„¢ BPO.

#18 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, I started up another alt since we last played :)

You never really left... your corpse in my collection keeps me company.

Posted ImagePosted Image