Photo

[CLOSED] Alumni Cruiser Roam September 21st @ 08:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#26 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Orion Gaerbolis - Orion Gaerbolis (BNI)

Totally in for this, will be flying a Celestis. How strict are the basic fitting requirements? I can fit this thing pretty well but I can't reach 2k+ speed.

Get as close as you can, Orion :)

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#27 bart will

bart will
  • Pip

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

I`m in 

ill use a maller

but not sure i can hit the 2k speed :(

#28 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

ill use a maller

The idea is shield boats (please check the first post again) - the Maller really makes a lousy shield cruiser platform. It really would not work well and slow down the gang/fall behind. Please bring one of the other Amarr options.

#29 Sebastian Thielman

Sebastian Thielman
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Sebastian Thielman - Sebastian Thielman (U.P.I)

I'll have a couple Celesti and a Thorax fit and ready to go.

#30 bart will

bart will
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

ill use a maller

The idea is shield boats (please check the first post again) - the Maller really makes a lousy shield cruiser platform. It really would not work well and slow down the gang/fall behind. Please bring one of the other Amarr options.

ok ill do that and post again but the speed for sure will be a problem :D

#31 RDNx

RDNx
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

RD - nGR RDNx (BTCS)

Caracal

#32 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

ok ill do that and post again but the speed for sure will be a problem :D

Shouldn't really be an issue if you take one of the other options mentioned - if you deviate 50m/s, it's not a problem really... just don't make a shield maller that tries to go fast ;)

#33 Orion Gaerbolis

Orion Gaerbolis
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Regarding fitting the Celestis - is it really worth it to drop two damps for the shields? I understand that it's a shield fleet, but I figured with the 100km+ damp range, my option for taking is actually distance and immediate warp-offs, not a big shield buffer. I haven't been in many fleets, so I could be way off, but I figured another 2 damps to lock out a second target (or spread to a 3rd and 4th) would be far more important.

#34 kirurgi

kirurgi
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

kirurgi - Kirurgi (IS)

Scythe

Havent got much experience on logi, but would like to give it a go.

http://www.agony-unl...-0800-eve-time/

#35 Evey Valentine

Evey Valentine
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Evey Valentine - Evey Valentine (SB00N)

Thorax

#36 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Regarding fitting the Celestis - is it really worth it to drop two damps for the shields? I understand that it's a shield fleet, but I figured with the 100km+ damp range, my option for taking is actually distance and immediate warp-offs, not a big shield buffer. I haven't been in many fleets, so I could be way off, but I figured another 2 damps to lock out a second target (or spread to a 3rd and 4th) would be far more important.

You can adjust it some if you want, but the theory behind the shields is for buffer so logi can keep you alive.  You may not always have the opportunity to warp-off.  However, do have a couple of spare damps available in case we have you swap out - for example, if you are the only damp boat, then we'd likely have you drop one or both shields so we have more damps available.  But if we have good number of damps overall, then the shields are good because it makes the logi's job that much easier.

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#37 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

Regarding fitting the Celestis - is it really worth it to drop two damps for the shields?

As mentioned above - in a typical kite situation (not just a camp where you can pre-arrange everything) the whole fleet starts burning off from the enemies - and in that situation you would have to bounce, thus would not be in the fight for at least one minute. Those kity gangs rely on mobility (or at least the potential to be mobile), so often there is no time for "perfect setups" :)

#38 Carathas

Carathas
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Carathas - Carathas [ST-FR]

Too long since I have flown with Agony and Saturday morning server time suits me perfectly. I have some SFIs in Hemin (though I suspect you have relocated now) but I can have Thorax/Celestis/Blackbird ready in Berta in any case.

#39 Kevin Emoto

Kevin Emoto
  • Pip

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Kevin Emoto - Kevin Emoto (NoCoC)

Skirmisher Class - Stilleto

#40 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

You're welcome to sign up for completeness' sake, but you wouldn't have managed to "evade" participation in this roam anyway, as the roam is an actual part of the Skirmish class :)

#41 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

You're welcome to sign up for completeness' sake, but you wouldn't have managed to "evade" participation in this roam anyway, as the roam is an actual part of the Skirmish class :)

Who catches the catchers anyway :)

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#42 Theo Larke

Theo Larke
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Theo Larke - Theo Larke (RUN)

Scythe (bringing a Stabber fit as well on the off chance that we end up with an excess of logi)

#43 Orion Gaerbolis

Orion Gaerbolis
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Crap - looks like it's -1 Celestis for me. I just realized this roam is at 4 AM for me :P

#44 Kazagaroth

Kazagaroth
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Kazagaroth - Kazagaroth (TS-F)

#45 Othran

Othran

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Unless I'm doing something stupid (always possible) then I don't see how the Caracal fit works.

Its 20.4 short on powergrid.

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#46 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Unless I'm doing something stupid (always possible) then I don't see how the Caracal fit works.

Works for me w/o implants, but it may be a matter of AWU or Shield Upgrades?

#47 Othran

Othran

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Works for me w/o implants, but it may be a matter of AWU or Shield Upgrades?

They're both at 5, as is pretty much everything fitting related.

Odd.

Othran is on eveboard, anyone see anything obvious missing?

Edit - this is in-game that it doesn't fit, EFT install is ancient so doesn't work on "new" caracal :rolleyes:

Today's word is :

#48 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Going exactly the same fit? Maybe you used two T2 LSEs, or T2 MWD accidentally?

#49 Othran

Othran

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Its the same. I even tried with 2 x FS9 LSE and they didn't fit either.

The only way I can get it to fit (and still keep 2xBCU2) is to fit a medium powergrid rig instead of the second EM rig, which is what I've done.

It'll no doubt blow up soon enough anyway which will make the issue "go away" :)

If anyone spots something obvious/has the same problem then I'd appreciate it if you let me know, otherwise it seems to be a local issue which repackaging the ship would likely fix.

Today's word is :

#50 Orion Gaerbolis

Orion Gaerbolis
  • Pip

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

<- how to shit up a thread. I'm back in with a Celestis, if noone minds. 4AM doesn't seem so bad, now :)