Photo

[CLOSED] Cinderella's Revenge - Free Public Roam August 24 @ 19:00 - Out of Agil

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

[OPEN] Cinderella's Revenge - Free Public Roam August 24 @ 19:00

We had so much fun this year flying in ATXI, especially with our "Spam and Damp" missile kiting setup! It's so much fun to fly, we want to spread the joy of it to you in the form of a free Public Roam, organized and led by Agony's ATXI team members! This special public roam is our way of saying THANK YOU to all of Agony's supporters throughout the AT and over the years.

This public roam is free and open to anyone! You do not have to be one of our PVPU alumni to attend (although it helps!)

VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.

If it would upset you to lose a pricy ship, don't fly it! This fleet concept provides numerous flexible options to fit your wallet and comfort level!

WHAT TO FLY:

Unlike most of our public/class roams where we limit everyone to a single hull class (such as only frigs or only destroyers), this roam has several hull options! Pick from below what you would most want to fly on this roam. Be sure to have a selection of damps, tracking disruptors, scripts and target painters available in case we need to balance out ewar. Have a spare ship or two of your choice other than the ship you most want to fly, in case we end up with too many logi and not enough DPS.

Spam and Damp works very simply: We all warp in at range, kite and kill. Unlike many kiting setups where most of the fleet will anchor on one pilot and tend to always fly grouped up, Spam and Damp may quite often scatter in random directions, kiting off of the bulk of the opposing fleet, forcing them to split up and chase us down. In the Tournament, since you can't warp off, we used Sabres to rush in and kill opposing light ships. For this roam, we are adding additional light ships to the fleet composition in the form of assault frigs, T1 frigs, and T1 destroyers, who will rush in and kill opposing tackle, tackle larger targets for us to melt, and kill opposing light ships.

CARACAL: Recommended for pilots with some PVP experience. It's a good idea to have solid situational awareness, good manual piloting skills, and some experience flying in a PVP fleet. Fit shield tank and heavy missile launchers, microwarpdrive. Have spare tracking disruptor and/or damp available in case we want to balance paints. Recommended fit:

Spoiler

TENGU: Recommended ONLY for pilots with EXTENSIVE PVP experience and ZERO fear of expensive losses and skill point losses. If you have only flown the Tengu in missions, do NOT fly it on this roam. Trust me on this. Fit heavy missile launchers, shield tank, microwarpdrive, target painter. The empty high slot is intended for links, so please have assorted T2 seige and/or skirmish warfare links available, we may or may not ask you to fit a warfare link to provide additional boosts. DO NOT VOLUNTEER TO FLY THE TENGU IF YOU WILL GET PISSED OFF IF IT EXPLODES!
Spoiler

MAULUS: Recommended for pilots with minimal PVP and fleet flying experience. Fit THREE damps, one of each script for each damp, microwarpdrive, aim for a targeting range of at least 100km. Carry damage drones. Don't fit T2 damps, instead fit meta 4 damps (the phased muon ones). If the meta 4 damps are too pricy for you (they've spiked in price, can't imagine why...) then fit the meta 3 damps. Recommended fit:
Spoiler

SABRE: Recommended for pilots with some PVP and fleet flying experience. Fit autocannons, microwarpdrive, scram. Oddly enough, do NOT fit a bubbler! Your job is to protect the fleet from opponent tacklers by grabbing them and killing them.
Spoiler

BASILISK: Recommended for pilots with extensive PVP experience and ZERO fear of expensive losses. Fit XLASB, 3 large and 2 medium shield transporters (recommend using the S95a ones), microwarpdrive, shield drones. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE. If you are not comfortable with potentially losing a Basilisk but want to fly logi on this roam, fly a Scythe. The suggested fit below needs a 3% CPU implant, btw.
Spoiler

We don't INTEND to get you killed, but ya never know when we might get hotdropped by a PL ECM gang...

I CAN'T (OR WON'T OR DON'T WANT TO) FLY ANY OF THE ABOVE: Recommended for "none of the above" or those with minimal PVP/fleet flying experience.

ASSAULT FRIGATES: There is no such thing as too much tackle! Fly an assault frigate of your choice, fit scram/web or point as appropriate, microwarpdrive, and whatever damage you can squeeze onto it. Rush in, tackle the opponents while we melt them! You know how to fit an assault frigate, I don't need to give you a suggested fit!

T1 FRIGATES: Recommended for those with minimal (or no) PVP/fleet flying experience. For suggested fits, look at our Hydra Frigate fits. Willingness to suicide and be bombed mercilessly is a plus.

CERBERUS: Recommended for pilots with extensive PVP experience and ZERO fear of expensive losses. This is an alternative to flying the Tengu or Caracal. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE. If you are not comfortable with potentially losing an expensive Cerberus, fly a Caracal.

Spoiler

SCYTHE: Recommended for pilots with some PVP and fleet flying experience, or those who are not comfortable risking a Basilisk. S95a shield transporters, microwarpdrive and ASB are recommended. Recommended fit:
Spoiler

BELICOSE: Recommended for those with some PVP/fleet flying experience. Have spare tracks/damps available in case we need to balance ewar/paints.
Spoiler

VIGIL: Recommended for pilots with minimal PVP/fleet flying experience.

THRASHER: Recommended for pilots with minimal (or no) PVP/fleet flying experience, or those who are not comfortable risking a Sabre.
Spoiler

TALWAR: Recommended for pilots with minimal or some PVP/fleet flying experience, or those who are not comfortable risking a Sabre. (Added 18th August)

Spoiler

ROAM DETAILS:

• Date and Time: August 24th @ 19:00 Eve time.
  • Duration: 3+ hours. Don't be surprised if it runs longer :)
  • Price: Free for everyone!
  • Fleet Commander: Not announcing publicly, we want our FC to survive at least the first contact.
  • Maximum Attendance: 75. This is a hard limit.
  • Voice Coms: This roam will be held on Agony's Teamspeak server. Information on connecting to it can be found here.
  • Coms Discipline: This roam will be run under "battle coms" discipline, meaning, clear professional voice coms, with minimal non-essential chatter during movement, although we will open the floor to questions and chatter during bio breaks and other times. If you have never flown on an Agony roam before, please read this article so you understand our communication philosophy. Don't use the J word. Every time you say it ya gotta pay the FC one million iskies!
  • In-game Chat Room: Please join the Agony Public chat room for fleet invites at the start of the roam.

We recommend using a cheap/empty clone. While our intention is to destroy everything in our path, things don't always go to plan...

This is Eve. All ships are disposable. While we prefer to reuse and recycle our ships, mass consumption is the cornerstone of our economy.

Please RSVP to this party by posting below using our usual sign-up format.
Please also indicate what ship you think you are most likely to bring to the party:

Forum Name - Character Name (TICKER)

Confirmed for Explosions:

1. xhamr - Jeremiah Cole (--EA-)
  2. Metaloid - Metaloid (RVB-R)
  3. sgtspacemonkey - sgtspacemonkey (INT)
  4. Athena Regyri - Athena Regyri - B.G.
  5. Othran - Othran/Mr Slant (KTFT)
  6. Jheherrin - Morat (S C) / Draxx (S C)
  7. Andy - andreas1234 (JBGE)
  8. Blunted - Blunted Blazer (VI)
  9. voetius - voetius (L V B )
  10. oweim - TheDKI (SEPHR)
  11. Gerald – Gerald Dewaere (A)
  12. cutie - cutiebittu (RIN)
  13. Zael Serine - Zael Serine (GIB)
  14. Chancey Pants - Chancey Pants (GNGST)
  15. Xiao Sishen - Xiao Sishen (PFOUR)
  16. M3T30R-M3T30R-[VI]
  17. Nythyrra Me-Varra - Nythyrra Me-Varra (I S F)
  18. Veerus - Veerus Weyland (DRAEB)
  19. Sephira Galamore - Sephira Galamore (DRAEB)
  20. Takanuro - Takanuro [S-B-A]
  21. ePIMP - ePIMP [S-B-A]
  22. Urkhan - Urkhan Law (R1FTA)
  23. Dosty - Pixie Pearl (PTS)
  24. Alexander Four-Twenty - Alexander Four-Twenty(pla)
  25. Bam Stroker - Bam Stroker [ISF]
  26. Loash - Loash (-DBD-)
  27. Metum Regis - Metum Regis (SPROT)
  28. Madteddybear - Madteddybear [BWMT]
  29. Swahjak - Eeteepeell (ECP.)
  30. Amaranthe Emberd - Amaranthe Emberd (ECP.)
  31. Purana - Purana (ECP.)
  32. Big Puncho - Big Puncho [UN-PP]
  33. Jalisco Eisen Koraka - Something Easy (O-0)
  34. Homefries - Homefries (MFORK)
  35. Blitz -Blitzkrieg (PLA)
  36. SoldierSister
  37. Aestrid - Dyre Skye (LLP)
  38. Iiridayn - Iiridayn (WASOI)
  39. Theo Larke - Theo Larke (RUN)
  40. Rada Ionesco - Rada Ionesco (CLU)
  41. Walextheone - Walextheone (TRECI)
  42. Jivlain - Jivlain Pollard (TRECI)
  43. Dybbuch - (Agony)
  44. Mazz - Mazziel (TRECI)
  45. Reverend - (Agony)
  46. Paledan - Paledan Safemal (TRECI)
  47. Warlord3k/Captain Lockley  (Nordic Company)
  48. motorbit
  49. Cmore - (Agony) 
  50. Baia - Baialein (EXIIE)

Edited by Greygal, 24 August 2013 - 06:12 PM.
Updated confirmed list

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

xhamr - Jeremiah Cole (DCMI)
Ship(s): Scythe (x2), Caracal (x2), Hawk, Crow (x2)

edit: Final edit, have everything shipping to destination.

#3 Metaloid

Metaloid

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Metaloid - Metaloid (RVB-R)

Willing to bring Gallente or Minmatar recon ship, if accepted tell me which one you prefer :)

#4 sgtspacemonkey

sgtspacemonkey
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

sgtspacemonkey - sgtspacemonkey (INT)

|Caracal or Hawk|

#5 trocken

trocken
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Athena Regyri - Athena Regyri - B.G.

Hydra  or

Virgil or

Thrasher

#6 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Othran - Othran/Mr Slant (KTFT)

Cerb if its Othran, Basilisk if its Slant and we have a logi squad (been a long time).

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#7 Jheherrin

Jheherrin
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Jheherrin - Morat (S C) / Draxx (S C)

Bellicose / Huginn

Maulus

As long as I can get a connection when I get to Holland, I'll be up for this.

Engineers Motto: If it doesn't fit, force it, If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.

PVP Motto : If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it, it might move later.

#8 Andy

Andy
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Andy - andreas1234 (JBGE)

Sabre or Caracal

#9 Blunted

Blunted
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

Blunted - Blunted Blazer (VI)

Caracal or Wolf

#10 voetius

voetius
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

voetius - voetius (L V B )

I'll bring a Basi, and in case we don't have the numbers for logi, a spare Caracal or something

#11 Oweim

Oweim
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

oweim - TheDKI (SEPHR)

Caracal

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
BASIC-20120310

#12 Gerald

Gerald
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Gerald – Gerald Dewaere (A)

T1 Frigate

#13 cutiebittu som

cutiebittu som
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

cutie - cutiebittu (RIN)

#14 Zael Serine

Zael Serine
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Zael Serine - Zael Serine (GIB)   -- Canceled

#15 Chancey Pants

Chancey Pants
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Chancey Pants - Chancey Pants (GNGST)
Sycthe, Caracal, Enyo

#16 Xiao Sishen

Xiao Sishen
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Xiao Sishen - Xiao Sishen (PFOUR) - CANCELLED T_T

#17 M3T30R

M3T30R
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

M3T30R-M3T30R-[VI]

Basilisk, Cerberus, Scythe, Caracal

#18 Nythyrra Me-Varra

Nythyrra Me-Varra
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Nythyrra Me-Varra - Nythyrra Me-Varra (I S F)

Maulus

#19 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Will be shooting your roam with my roam!

#20 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Will be shooting your roam with my roam!

We're counting on it!! :)  Except it'll be we're shooting your roam with our roam tee hee!! :)

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#21 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

SInce the CSM ... mangalas changed .. now hes all " My roam is bigger than your roam"

"Dybbuch is Primary"

#22 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

SInce the CSM ... mangalas changed .. now hes all " My roam is bigger than your roam"

Guess he hasn't heard that size doesn't matter...   :P

m3gAb3q.png

#23 Veerus

Veerus
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Veerus - Veerus Weyland (DRAEB)

Caracal, Bellicose, Vigil (!), AFs, shield Heretic (!?)

#24 Sephira Galamore

Sephira Galamore
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Sephira Galamore - Sephira Galamore (DRAEB)

Scythe (alternatively Maulus or Enyo)

#25 Takanuro

Takanuro
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Takanuro - Takanuro [S-B-A]

Ship: Probably Basilisk or something Ewar focused if not.

BASIC-20130215

'Yes, we're going to die, but you're coming with us!'