• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Carver

Carver

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

I say, God Damn!

#1Posted: 2013.08.05 16:19 | Edited by: CCP Rise
Hi Hi

I'm not even in the office today (Icelandic holidays happen approx every other day) but I'm really excited to let you guys know about this, so here you go:

For Odyssey 1.1 we are adding a skill - Informorph Synchronizing - which will lower the time between jumping clones by one hour per level.

The goal here is to avoid situations where jump clone delay pushes jump clone use back a bit each play session until eventually people wind up stranded in the wrong clone during their few hours of play time. We don't want to accelerate the rate that you can jump significantly, we just want to make sure that switching once a day is actually possible.

Maybe I should mention that while there may be plenty of feedback related to jump clones as a whole, this change is simply something very easy to do which will have a very positive affect on player experience. Feedback on large scale plans or changes to jump clones, or clones generally, while totally valid, won't have an effect on 1.1. So, if possible, please focus feedback on this skill specifically.

o/

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Nice... so 19 hours at lvl 5 then, right?

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 keacte

keacte

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

Woot!

#4 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Very nice indeed.

#5 Carver

Carver

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Recalling the video about the line-up of people doing the consciousness transfer for the first time, I would not mind it much if I got to have CQ option to change clones from a selection  *within* a station for booster link characters.

A dude can dream.

<sigh>

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#6 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Yup, probably be happy with 20 hours here though for now.

#7 glepp

glepp

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hells YEAH!

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#8 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Even saving an hour or two will be awesome. I've forgone jumping due to expecting to log on an hour or two earlier the next night.
Posted Image

#9 Reverend Ellecon

Reverend Ellecon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Funnily enough was just talking about this yesterday with some old mates from E-uni. Any idea what rank this skill will be?

#10 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Meh - unless it's incredibly high getting it to 4 won't be a big deal anyway...

#11 Othran

Othran

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Sounds OK but apart from the first 6 months I don't think losing 2500SPs (500SP/hr x 5 hours) in a day would bother me that much. There have been times when a 12 hour jump would have been handy but not for SPs.

Bit underwhelming really if its only 5 hours max.

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#12 Silas

Silas

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sounds OK but apart from the first 6 months I don't think losing 2500SPs (500SP/hr x 5 hours) in a day would bother me that much. There have been times when a 12 hour jump would have been handy but not for SPs.

I disagree... 5 hours is more than enough. Clone hoping doesn't need a significant buff at all. This is just to stop those annoying "I JCed when I got back from work yesterday so now I have to wait 2 hours before I can do so again" situations...

Posted Image

#13 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

This is the perfect amount for when you have some stuff to do in one region, then want to roam in another region without wanting to lock yourself out of your home region for your next playtime.

#14 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

You do realise clone jumping isn't just for 'yay faster SP!' right?

#15 Silas

Silas

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

I think he's referring to a skill training clone vs. a combat clone...

Posted Image

#16 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think he's referring to a skill training clone vs. a combat clone...

I know what he's referring to but he implies that's the only point of the skill, i.e. 'sounds okay but...'.  Switching mindlinks / skill implants is more important after the first couple of years, as is hopping between different activities in different regions.  The purpose of it being 5 hours is mentioned by Rise, it should still be a relevant choice, but you should at least be able to change clone each day rather than constantly losing a few minutes / hours...

#17 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Damn 10 wasted reasonable things votes already wasted

#18 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well, I obviously approve as this was my comment to someone wanting really, really short timers 3 years ago:

Larg Kellein
Caldari
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire

Posted - 2010.09.05 11:37:00 - [36]

Any suggestion that ends up with people jumping 3 times a day is serious overkill in my opinion. I would, however, like to see it slightly reduced. In its current form, and assuming you have relatively fixed play times, it's effectively a 48 hour timer if you jump towards the end of your play time. Reducing it to something along the lines of 20 hours would mean fewer people would be locked out of returning to their previous clone on their next play session.

#19 Othran

Othran

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Its not really that much of an issue other than for switching a mindlink IMHO and given the changes coming there then that is likely to become significantly cheaper/less important. I'm sure most of you have alts (whether in-corp or not) which you use now when waiting out a JC timer - I don't have a spare booster alt myself so I can see the use there but for everything else I have other alts.

I'd have preferred to see something around a 10 hour maximum reduction with a correspondingly high rank and nasty primary/secondary attributes.

YMMV of course.

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#20 chrome diopside

chrome diopside

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

The timer being reduced is good news.  I still really really want a skill that allows moar actual clones tho.  Having spent 4 of my 5 eve years in empire, I have way too many shiny clones.  Being able to create clean ones for null without burning all that isk would be incredibly nice.

CERT-IGPVPO.gifCERT-AESTRUCT.gifCERT-BPVPO.gif

| BASIC | WOLFPACKS |

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

redemptionroadmastheadhalfsize_zps05decb

#21 Silas

Silas

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

5 clones is enough imo

Posted Image

#22 chrome diopside

chrome diopside

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

5 clones is enough imo

For you.  I could desperately use more.  I have one clone available for null and is the only one I could use for the AT.  All the others are worth cost me in excess of a bill - some of em, several.

CERT-IGPVPO.gifCERT-AESTRUCT.gifCERT-BPVPO.gif

| BASIC | WOLFPACKS |

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

redemptionroadmastheadhalfsize_zps05decb

#23 Silas

Silas

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

5 clones is enough imo

For you.  I could desperately use more.  I have one clone available for null and is the only one I could use for the AT.  All the others are worth in excess of a bill - some of em, several.

Priorities... 

Posted Image

#24 Othran

Othran

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

5 clones is enough imo

For you.  I could desperately use more.  I have one clone available for null and is the only one I could use for the AT.  All the others are worth in excess of a bill - some of em, several.

I'm going to correct you on this as its important. Your clones are worth bugger all other than the medical clone cost. As soon as you install an implant then it has zero value - if you think any other way then you are unconsciously handicapping your play.

Oh and yes I've lost things like HG snakes while flying the wrong ship as I couldn't JC - its money already spent so its not a big deal.

I assume you acquired these expensive clones while in FW? Its always very tempting to pimp the clone in low-sec, been there done that etc :)

Today's word is :

#25 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Oh and yes I've lost things like HG snakes while flying the wrong ship as I couldn't JC - its money already spent so its not a big deal.

That is so illogical I can't even begin.  Wait, I can: If you need a Slave clone for something and lose it stupidly flying a Thorax through Syndicate, you no longer have that Slave clone for when you need to do that task.  That means you need to rebuy it.