Photo

[Feedback] AAR: Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! June 8th @ 08:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Had a really nice turnout for this roam, especially considering the time of day and the fact it turns out it actually WAS a "real" holiday - The Queen's Birthday - and many pilots were enjoying the long weekend planetside, far away from the temptations of Eve.  We undocked 45-pilots strong, with many Merlins in keeping with the theme and a unexpected group of Ventures, which gave me many giggles!   We headed out on my usual "I don't have to think about it" route of Doril to VOL-MI, then over to HED-GP, up to 9Uy and over to KBP.

Curse was quiet, even for this time of night.  But we did manage to find a few random targets, along with some stealth bombers and the usual lame cloaky sabre/falcon camp that docked up as we traveled through, only coming out to "fight" (if you can call it that) to pick off some of our stragglers.  But eventually, we started exploding ships that weren't our own.

First explosion of the night was an A4D Stabber Fleet Issue.

Toran and Caldak began roaming far and wide hoping to find us something a bit more challenging, but all they found at first was a Bestower,  which they dispatched before we could even align to the gate.  Granted, we were about five hops away :)

On a side note, 3-1/2 years ago when I took my first Basic class, I never imagined that one day I would be FC'ing a fleet with Caldak as one of my skirmishers!!  Who'd a thunk it!  What a strange and wonderful universe we fly in!

Catch was slightly more interesting, as we next sent a Caracal pilot off to his home station, followed shortly after by a Myrmidon.

Providence turned out to be where the best fun and brightest explosions of the roam were found!  In keeping with Echo tradition (Echo squad best squad!), we found a terrific fight with less than 3 minutes to go before downtime in B-WPLZ, where the Apocalypse Now. guys formed up a nice mostly-battlecruiser gang and we shot at eachother right up to the moment the server shut down for downtime!!   We managed to kill a Condor and Arazu and another ship (think it was a destroyer) that the killmail hasn't been posted yet (still trying to find it).  Their Myrmidon pilot, unfortunately, still had half his armor as the server shut down, so we were unable to claim that explosion :(

We waited out downtime, full of giggles and hope for a continuation of the fight; as we logged back on the Apocalypse Now. guys were warping off, sigh... but a few of them did still bring us a bit of a fight, losing a Naga  and Executioner  to our guns.  Props to the Executioner pilot, he gave us a very merry chase, dragging us out over 800km trying to catch him!  Was really good fun!

We continued to roam around Providence for the next two hours, dispatching a Purifier, Omen and Tornado before we finally found the shiny we were looking for: A Proteaus pilot, apparently out enjoying the new Exploration mechanics (the relic and data analyzer he had fit aren't showing on our killboard, but do show on the original killmail), hopped through a gate right into our waiting turrets, where our wonderful hero tacklers grabbed him super-fast, and his hull melted even faster. 

Fortunately, we had a covops pilot with us who tucked the shiny loot safely away in his hull, because we were about to bite into a bait Armageddon that got caught on a unreported catch bubble off the TU-RI6 gate in S9X-AX.  As we began to shoot it, numerous stealth bombers decloaked and took out a good number of our light ships, although we took out a few of them, too! 

CVA's intel channels are efficient, and their ability to form up and organize even more so.  They put together TWO heavy gangs and covered both sides of the TU/S9AXA gate; we managed to get some of the heavier side to agro us as we hopped into the gang on the other side of the gate, where we knocked out a Corax and Ishkur  before we were down to our last two pilots.  It was a fun fight, a good whelp - and as it was a fight in keeping with my FC'ing philosophy ("Can we kill ONE of them?") it was also a terrific way to end the roam.  Besides, most of us were already in Berta now!

All told, we killed 1.9 billion iskies worth of ships (edit: about 250 million in pod kills put us over 2 billion!) and, hopefully, ya'll had as much fun as I did.  Many thanks to everyone who showed up for the roam, it was brilliant flying with you!  special thanks to the TOGOA members, most of whom stayed in the fleet to the bitter end.  Be sure to listen to their "Eve Down Under" live radio show next Friday at 10:30 Eve time at http://www.netgameradio.com, as I've been asked to be a guest on this broadcast!  I look forward to flying with you again, soon!

u49BnPp.png?1

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Blasta42

Blasta42
  • Pip

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

Great fun, thank you Greygal and thanks to Agnoy scouts and Fc's from all the Toggers that had a ball :D

JUMP .......... still 14mil in credit ;)  :lol: