OMG OMG OMG Ender's Trailer

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Carver

Carver

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

yes, oh yes

http://youtu.be/vP0cUBi4hwE
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#2 chrome diopside

chrome diopside

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Nice Carver! Am looking forward to the movie myself. :)

CERT-IGPVPO.gifCERT-AESTRUCT.gifCERT-BPVPO.gif

| BASIC | WOLFPACKS |

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

redemptionroadmastheadhalfsize_zps05decb

#3 Tal'arann Taldarian

Tal'arann Taldarian

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

I loved those books! Looks like a great movie too. I hope they will go on to make Ender's Shadow too!

Posted Image

<span style="font-family: courier new" ,="" courier,="" monospace'="">Basic (20130518)

#4 Krcik

Krcik
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Holy shit, this is the first time I've seen this and it's pretty epic. Can't wait to see this in a cinema.

#5 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hmm, the moko doesn't really suit the Ben Kingsley physique and face. Other than that looks good.
--
Posted Image

#6 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Sweet! I will definitely be watching that.

#7 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

omgomgomg

I love you guys! <3

#8 FistyMcBumBasher

FistyMcBumBasher

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

I can't wait for PL to spoil the ending with one of their station names.

#9 roigon

roigon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

I rather liked the book, so after seeing that action packed trailer focusing on the alien vs human battle I'm weary of what direction the movie will take. I think it was already stated that they won't be doing the side story in the book of enders siblings on earth which i can fully understand. But I hope the movie focuses on ender and not on the greater war that in the book is more like an ominous background instead of a direct threat.

#10 Temprial

Temprial

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

I'm scottish so I don't know these things called "books"... The guy that plays ender is doing an AMA on reddit today, in case you fan boys wanted to know. He commented on the trailer post on reddit last night stating that fans of the book??? Would not be disappointed with the way the film is done. http://www.reddit.co...sort=confidence

#11 roigon

roigon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Not bad. Well guess I'll have to give it the benefit of the doubt then :P

#12 Silas

Silas

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Not having read the books, I'm not as familiar with this as some of you guys obviously are, but this looks promising for sure.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#13 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

BEN KINGSLEY MINMATAAAARRRRRRRR

#14 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Don't they always say fans of the book won't be disappointed? It's like the standard bullshit PR line.

Also, what the flying fuck is with people putting the ending in the sodding trailers?

pEGjqYG.jpg

#15 chrome diopside

chrome diopside

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm scottish so I don't know these things called "books"...

HOY! Not all Scots are illiterate you know :P

CERT-IGPVPO.gifCERT-AESTRUCT.gifCERT-BPVPO.gif

| BASIC | WOLFPACKS |

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

redemptionroadmastheadhalfsize_zps05decb

#16 Temprial

Temprial

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

But we all live in stone outhouses hearding sheep, whilst wearing kilts and chasing premium haggi on the mountains. How can we not also be illiterate!

#17 Oli Geist

Oli Geist

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

But we all live in stone outhouses hearding sheep, whilst wearing kilts and chasing premium haggi on the mountains.

How can we not also be illiterate!

Because of Burns. How can y'appreciate the other Bard if ye hae nae words? :)

Ref: the film, SQUEEEEEEEEE!

I'm a little worried about it being dumbed down to fit in a movie length, but since it was a short story to start with (before being expanded to the novel) and the Peter/Valentine political stuff should be able to be dropped with no real effect on the plot, I don't think it's an impossible task to keep enough intact.

The brief Battle Room clips and what I assume is ship formations from the Command School simulations look encouraging. Do wish they'd used another Little Doctor sequence though, because as far as I remember all the other battles were in deep space so there's really only one thing it could be.

#18 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hmm, looks interesting. Suppose I can get over the fact that Orson Scott Card is becoming ever more of an asshat the older and grumpier he gets. Also, hope it only touches on the first book, Speaker for the Dead was bloody terrible.

#19 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hmm, looks interesting. Suppose I can get over the fact that Orson Scott Card is becoming ever more of an asshat the older and grumpier he gets. Also, hope it only touches on the first book, Speaker for the Dead was bloody terrible.

Speaker, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind aren't really in series with Ender's Game. Same character - sorta, same universe - sorta, but very different books. I wouldn't expect them to be the target of sequelization if EG does well.
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#20 xikorita

xikorita

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

The sidestory would not work http://xkcd.com/635/

#21 Lev

Lev

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I enjoyed reading Ender's Game and the other books. The twist at the end was unexpected, look forward to the movie.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Delicious Pain

Delicious Pain

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

This was all new to me.. So I bought the book and read straight through.. One of the best reads in a long time... and wtf spoilers in the trailer!!

#23 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

This was all new to me.. So I bought the book and read straight through.. One of the best reads in a long time... and wtf spoilers in the trailer!!

If you want more along those lines Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Giant are all quite good as well.

I personally liked Speaker for the Dead and its sequels, but if you read it looking for more Ender's Game you'll be disappointed.
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.