Photo

[Feedback] Wolfpacks/Covops April 20 @ 22:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

So we had a combined Wolfpacks and Covops class today. We tweaked the Wolfpacks class a bit more this time, to have just about all the practicals in hisec (so as to not get too distracted by targets of opportunity!) This allowed us to actually do all the practicals we planned! The Covops class then joined us, and we moved to nullsec where we did some practicals with bubbles and a mini-gatecamp, covops are VERY slippery to catch - we only caught 2 out of 10! (and those two had unlucky landings when coming through the gate!)

We then started the roam proper, toyed around a bit with a Brutix that we eventually did catch and kill, then headed through a wormhole into Insmother, which is where we are at right now, as the roam is still going on. But I wanted to go ahead and get the feedback thread started so I don't forget to do it later! :)

Roam's over, ya'll were terrific to fly with. We never found any really good fights, targets were very few - space was remarkably empty today, even for this time of day! But we'll find more targets next time! While not a new record low for number of kills, it was pretty close!

Thanks again everyone for flying with us today, I'll try to write more above here later, gotta eat dinner now :) Here's where we roamed today for those who are interested!

---------

We killed a Crow, Rifter, Incursus, Caracal, two Brutix's (one that was completely unfit!), and a Taranis for a total of about 225 million isk in destruction. Oddly enough... we won the isk war... looks like our losses are around 95 million!

It was not a target-rich roam, that is for sure! Looking over other killboards and statistics, looks like everyone was up in Jita ganking freighters and/or Goons!

Posted Image

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Mr Rook

Mr Rook
  • Pip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

glad I took part, expected a bit more from the roam though. was a bit disappointed that most of the fleet was left on gate and spent 20+ min listening to a small group engaging targets,but all in all it was alright

#3 Paladin109

Paladin109
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Very nice CovOps class. Useful info and good exercise with the camp evasion. Too bad that the regions we roamed in were so quiet, though.

#4 Alonn Jaxx

Alonn Jaxx
  • Pip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

I really enjoyed this format. Practial learning and drills i find are a more effective learning tool for myself than sitting and lots of theory. The movements and joining up with the CovOps class and all learning together while'out on the road' was fantastic. Thankyou GG and to Caldack too. I like Caldacks roams teaching us new moves and a fast paced roam. I'll be back as a Alumni for sure

#5 Nos

Nos
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Posted Image

#6 Nos

Nos
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Once again an excellent course, I wish I could have found the fleet some bandits.

#7 athnae

athnae
  • Pip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

Great class and a lot of fun. Too bad we didn't have more targets but it was very enjoyable. Dzu is a great instructor too. I'll be looking forward for the next roam. Thanks for doing this! :-)

#8 Sebastian Thielman

Sebastian Thielman
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Many thanks to Caldak for commanding the fleet and to Greygal and Dzu for instructing. I learned quite a bit during the class and roam today. The practicals on the Wolfpacks agenda were great at reinforcing the concepts covered in the reading material, so I don't think anything needs to be added or removed there. Although there were a couple of points when it felt like the pacing was lagging on the practicals, I don't expect that to be an issue in the future as the instructors become more efficient at executing the new course format. Even though Caldak was clearly frustrated by the paucity of targets during the roam, I found great value in the pains he took to emphasize the importance of all kinds of details, such as staying alert even when it doesn't seem like much is happening, paying close attention to the FC's orders and following them precisely, and reacting immediately when the fight finally arrives. Even the minutia can make the difference between earning some nice killmails and having to go home telling the story about the one(s) that got away.

#9 Sanfrey

Sanfrey

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

I should pay again because class has changed a lot and I learnt quite a few things I didn't know. Having lived out in the back of beyond, I think it's rarer to find interesting engagements there. Maybe ratters. But for finding small groups actually willing to fight I still reckon Syndicate is the place. Or Provi. Did the roam end up in N-RAEL? That can be busy

Wow my classes were so long ago the link stopped working. Look I took a bunch of them ok? It was a long time ago. Just trust me on it.
Radioactive cats have 18 half lives. (Unless in a box, in which case they have half a chance of having no half lives.) 

#10 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Was just very on the empty side. Went to same places the Eve Uni fleet went and didn't spark much interest when we found anyone. Even station systems were less numbers than our little fleet. Think roaming after a gang like Eve uni had is a waste. People log in to get those fights then off again. Would like to see how many systems the Co-Ops covered because the recon from them was the same, Class was ok with movement ect but need those fights to get the tatics across. Last group we ran into with 5 Logi ships and there Battlecruisers.. just a plain no.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#11 Lakitel

Lakitel
  • Pip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

It was a fun roam, sure it was a bit on the empty side, but its alright, we got a lot of practice re-enforcing tactical movements, as well as getting a feel of how a wolfpack is run. Its a shame we didn't run into more targets, but it happens. Mr.Rook, I made that same comment to GG after the roam yesterday, and the bait squad should have been rotated, but I was in it and I'll tell you that you didn't miss out on much, we only got 1 ship and baiting was mostly compromised of bouncing back and forth trying to get people to follow us, and I'll tell you that I really felt the frustration Caldak felt when they wouldn't follow, or weren't willing to engage. So trust me, if you felt frustrated hold at gate, we were frustrated that we didn't get any fish on the hook. Either way, as I said it was a fun roam, and I learned a lot. Thanks a mil Caldak, Greygal and Dzu for the class, it was great fun and very informative :D.

#12 Arjar Ammar

Arjar Ammar
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

I second what Lakitel said - bait squad did indeed have more to do rather than just listening, but it seemed people didn't want to fight for whatever reason - until Brave Newbies brought along fleet that had about as many BC's, (+5 Logi), as we had Dessies by that point! I'd have happily welped into it if the FC had called it, (I know GG would have :D ), but I was very impressed with fleet comms once Caldak had decided no, a lot of the time in EVE you'd have ended up with lots of backchat about that decision, I think it shows the respect that the Agony guys, (not just Caldak), had earned by that point. Apart from the lack of fights though it was a great class, learned loads, some very nice tricks and tips scattered throughout, including one nice little tip when people were chatting back in station at Berta. If you forced me to say something negative at all, I thought we maybe spent a tiny amount too long on the practicals, but that's a very very minor quibble and would quite happily admit that's maybe was just me losing concentration as it was around midnight!! If there is to be a Wolfpack alumni roam in the future count me in!
Hope for the Best
Expect the Worst
Take what Comes

http://www.agony-unl...2-1900/

#13 Redline1969

Redline1969
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

As always, I enjoyed the class that GG taught. I think you are one of the best instructors I have ever had in any educational experience that I have completed. I think your good natured attitude and ease of instruction makes it very inviting for many people. The roam was very instructive and I think Caldak did a great job of FC'ing but was dealt a bad hand with the number of opportunities that were available. I would absolutely like another roam to complete this training as was suggested. I will definitely take this course as an alumni again just to let all of this sink in. GREAT material covered and in a great way. Thank you Agony!!

#14 Alice_Karjovic

Alice_Karjovic
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Slower paced roam than the other classes but I enjoyed the theory again, the fly by's and the clear explanation on MWD use and such. the bubble theory was also fantastic and I already put it to good use when a couple of corpies and I roamed null, we made sure we had tacs off the gate to avoid bubbles on our way out great job by the cov ops guys breaking through the camp, I actually found this more frustrating than the roam but then again if it was easy, everyone could do it

#15 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Was just very on the empty side. Went to same places the Eve Uni fleet went and didn't spark much interest when we found anyone. Even station systems were less numbers than our little fleet. Think roaming after a gang like Eve uni had is a waste. People log in to get those fights then off again.

Can't say we got much in the way of fights on the Eve Uni roam either. Maybe people just didn't log on at all because they didn't want to fight an 80 man Tier 3 gang but there definitely wasn't any logging on to fight then logging off again... Some nights are just like that...

#16 Urkhan

Urkhan
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Great course as usual, we just had bad luck during the roam, it happens :)

#17 Donato

Donato
  • Pip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Was good to brush up a bit and then get out with a fleet, my first time through a WH, so that was fun too. Roam was quiet, but that plays to a strength of the class format also: since alumni can come back for free, taking another swing at it is easy and painless.

#18 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

From a skirmisher point of view, the wolfpacks class saw pretty much about the same people as the other roam just before it (I was on both). It was pretty quiet around for what was going on, perhaps Provi might've been more fruitfull. Other than that, people need to get more experience and dont' worry about speaking up to provide recon reports. The FC will tell you when it's too much or what he wants to know or where you need to go. Also, when the FC asks you to go somewhere, a simple "confirm" or "on it" to acknowledge it helps them make sure you've understood their request.
--
Posted Image

#19 felix_nukem

felix_nukem
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

I really liked the realistic gate camping (one of the worst case scenarios). Thanks a lot for the great class. I liked it. Even tough I lost my covops frigate *embarrassed* but hey, I learned a lot! I am glad I joined this class.
BASIC-20120108 | WOLFPACKS-20120210 | FLYBYS-20120324 | COVOPS-20130420