Photo

Kill Rights Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I suppose I should put this question in the EVE forums, but I've never used those and probably never will. I'm sure some smart person here will know the answer! Let's say Players A and B are in a fleet flying in low-sec. Player Z comes along, activates a kill right on Player B and attacks B on a gate. Concord does not intervene and gate guns do not fire. Player B gets a suspect flag. Question is, can Player A attack Player Z without gate guns aggro? I'm guessing no, because I don't think Player Z will go flashy for the act. Not sure, though.
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#2 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Player Z is not suspect flagged by attacking B (who is suspect flagged by the KR activation). B may shoot Z because B and Z are in a limited engagement (as Z has shot B). No sec status loss has occurred, so gate guns stay out.

A has 3 options:
Shoot B: B is suspect flagged, A can shoot with no mechanical repercussions.
Shoot Z: Z is not flagged to A at all. A will gain a suspect flag and take a sec hit. Gate guns will shoot A until he warps or jumps. A and Z will be in limited engagement, so Z can shoot A and once A returns from shedding gate guns, A can still shoot Z.
Do nothing: Nothing happens.

EDIT: Swapped A and B. >.<

Edited by Jysella, 07 April 2013 - 05:16 PM.

BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#3 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Thanks Jysella - that's exactly what I thought. And I've been a little bit bad....
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#4 Tay

Tay

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

You can pick someone you have a killright for out of a fleet of his corpies in the middle of high sec and no one gets any rights to shoot you. If they shoot back, oopse, more to loot :P ... and more killrights for later. Low on a gate is no different.