Photo

[Fozzie] We want your opinion! All-time great tournament teams!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 roigon

roigon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

https://forums.eveon...37

Hey everyone! We're interested in compiling a list of some all-time greatest tournament teams, and we'd like to hear your opinions. Going all the way back to AT1's radio broadcast, who do you think deserve to make a list of the greatest ever teams?

We want team/year combinations, so the same alliance can appear on the list multiple times for putting together great teams over multiple years. It's also very possible for more than one team from the same year to make the list as well (for instance from AT4 I would consider both HUN and SF a given).

Let us know what you think!

#2 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

The one where Star Fraction beat BoB. Mainly because everyone was gobsmacked but mainly cos Jade was (for once) speechless - very briefly - and that's enough to make it exceptional :P I don't tend to remember the Agony fights in AT. They sort of blur together in a "wtf have Agony brought this time/commentators getting it wrong" maelstrom :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#3 roigon

roigon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

The one where Star Fraction beat BoB.

Mainly because everyone was gobsmacked but mainly cos Jade was (for once) speechless - very briefly - and that's enough to make it exceptional :P

I don't tend to remember the Agony fights in AT. They sort of blur together in a "wtf have Agony brought this time/commentators getting it wrong" maelstrom :)

I actually like that the most about the agony matches, While the main pack will converge on the flavour of the AT setups you can always count on Agony to bring out something that nobody had thought of yet.

But I might be biased :P

#4 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I remember the "oh Agony have smartbombed their own drones", the one with the bait logi and one other where everyone said "never again" after due to internal drama. The team I made the most iskies off was Darkside, and much as I like you lot I rate Darkside very highly for small gang work. I simply couldn't believe people hadn't heard of them - the odds were tremendous for the PL match although I confess I thought I was going to lose the isk there. Gave up on tournaments after the farce of the fixed final.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#5 Granger

Granger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

The one where Star Fraction beat BoB.

♥♥

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#6 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I know everyone in that video OOG bar two SF members. Gods wasn't video capping awful then :D
Today's word is :

#7 Axom

Axom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Don't know about 'All Time Greats', but there are a few I always remember for their hilarity. It's been years, so I have no clue who was who, but...

There was one where the last surviving ship on one team, an Abaddon, had been damped to hell while the other team flew around looting... until one little frig wandered too close... 8 large beams flash and frig goes pop. Everyone (including the commentators) just about craps themselves.

The second was a group of caracals vs a raven and a few support ships. The caras were kite fit with damps, and were pulling a regular Macross Missile Massacre, while rhe raven's team had a shield rep rotation going, but wasn't putting out much damage at all. Eventually, one of the raven support ships got a web on a cara, and allowed the raven to catch up. Suddenly the raven launched an angy hate ball of rage torps. Caracal go boom. Previously boring match suddenly gets interesting as webber ships start after the next closest caracal. Queue the Jaws theme...

If anyone else remembers these fights, and the groups involved (would've been 07-09), let me know!

Posted Image

BASIC-0810061800 | WOLFPACKS-1908071800 | COVOPS-280720071200