Photo

War Thunder

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Anyone playing this? It's a f2p WWII air combat sim in open beta and it's quite fun, strikes me as an Agony sort of game. I'm Goodvibes in game if anyone wants to add me.

http://warthunder.com/

Some gameplay:

pEGjqYG.jpg

#2 Quest

Quest

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Oh yes! We have quite a few Agony addicted, Draelor, Yamir, Mental, Varius etc. The ingame name is D_Quest.

#3 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Draelor's playing? I, um... forget I said anything. Awful game, I don't play it. Nothing to see here.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#4 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

ok, this is really awesome! After hear only good.. i was still surprised how fun that was! :D nick: ilmojenherra

I love you guys! <3

#5 Othran

Othran

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Pretty sure I have a joystick somewhere, haven't flown a flight sim in an age but I'm sure I can remember what an Immelmann is, if not how to do it :P If Draelor is playing I'll come along sometime, been a long time since I had a fun argument ;)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#6 Mental Mantis

Mental Mantis

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's a fun game. Don't be discouraged that Draelor is playing.... You really don't need a joystick, some people swear by it and some like me swear by mouse/keyboard controls while dogfighting. There are a lot of balance issues and a few bugs here and there but overall it looks way better than WoWP was when I checked it out a few months ago.

#7 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

It's a fun game. Don't be discouraged that Draelor is playing....

Heh Draelor and I get on fine. We used to have epic arguments which made people in Echo wonder wtf was going on but it was arguing because we enjoyed it rather than we disliked each other.

Who knows now though, probably turned native :P
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#8 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Most people play in arcade mode, where a mouse + kb combo is preferable to a joystick. In the realistic / simuulator modes it's a curious thing where a joystick will make your life much, much easier and your flying and maneuvering better, but the top end guys will be mouse and kb because the precision is so much higher. I'd actually recommend not using a joystick and gritting your teeth through the pain for the eventual payoff. My flight controls look something like: WASDQE: pitch, roll and yaw Mouse: pitch and yaw Shift: Throttle up (relative control) / WEPS - hope they give us a seperate key for WEPS at some point Ctrl: throttle down (unbound from brake) B: all brakes The idea being that the left hand does most of the flying and the right hand does looking and fine aim. It means you don't have to drag your mouse all over the shop constantly. A mouse with a few extra buttons is really nice too. I really, really want to be able to rebind F1 from "help" to first person. That shit's ingrained and I've died more than once screaming at the help screen to fuck off while frantically hammering F1 (esc works, I've recently discovered). Oh, if you do go joystick, you might want to load up your joystick's software to manage sensitivity. Even with the in-game settings bottomed out, I had to turn my joystick down to 5% sensitivity to not flip the damned thing out with more than 1/4" movement.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#9 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I just switched to joystick, after a few matches, i found that my play style changed a bit but I'm enjoying it.. Most propably not going back to mouse+kb but we'll see..

I love you guys! <3

#10 Mental Mantis

Mental Mantis

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

I really, really want to be able to rebind F1 from "help" to first person. That shit's ingrained and I've died more than once screaming at the help screen to fuck off while frantically hammering F1 (esc works, I've recently discovered).

LOL! I hear ya bro. This happens so many times to me it's not even funny. Especially when I'm bombing and looking through the bombing sites, suddenly someone get's on my six and I want to get back to normal view. Instinctively I reach for F1. The crappy part is that even if you hit F1 again after that the help screen doesn't go away immediately.