If you enjoy the above attitude then Agony is probably not the place for you. If you're looking for a change, first impressions are a good indicator so the easiest way to find out what Agony is like is to try and get on a Basic class where we try to show our best or see if you can catch someone from Agony in the agony public chat room and strike up a conversation (Hi, is a good start usually)
I have a couple of questions....well...more like 3 or 4....
I am currently in a corp that runs classes in Eve basics for players who ultimately wish to fight live opponents. It's good of them to do so but talk about agony....oy vey! Thus the following questions:
1. Does Agony think it's useful, clever or just plain cute to roleplay military drill instructors, heaping meaningless abuse on new players for failing to follow rules that are difficult to discern because they've organized their forum like a monkey hurling feces?
2. Do the majority of Agony members and students believe that every thought, feeling or insight need be prefaced and punctuated by the Saxon noun/verb/adverb/adjective for coitus? I wish these folks well and all but I don't pay a monthly fee and login to a complex, imaginative universe to experience all the culture and ambiance of a biker bar in Casper, Wyoming.
3. Does Agony focus on the Ms in MMO? What I am looking for, beyond the formidable task of simply comprehending this near impenetrable game, is group activity, teamwork and camaraderie unseasoned by a prerequisite several shots of Bourbon washed down with a six pack of beer.
I'm just looking for a good crew of folks who enjoy working together and often while showing each other some respect.
In short, have I come to the right place?
But form my opinion and experience the three numbered questions can be answered:
1. No (unless something really weird is going on and you hopped into the wrong channel on TS),
2. No (however it quite probably wont be PG either),
3. Not sure what you mean with the latter part is it the M for Massive (in which case we're not that big, nor do we tend to use that software package for rendering large crowds of people or animals) or the M for Multi-player in which case we do try to work as a cohesive team and new people are introduced and older people leave from this team regularly for varying reasons (just watch and listen to an experienced FC and an experienced team of skirmishers and scouts work together in a fleet).
Hope that answers the majority of your questions. If this is the right place for you, only time and communication will tell.