Photo

What's it like to be in Agony?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

*snip*
Being in Echo means I'm everyone's Trial. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH OF ME TO GO AROUND! :D
*snip*

Truth is that every trial that is the slightest bit pro-active gets tons of support whenever he / she asks for it. I think most in Agony deeply enjoy watching somebody develop as a PVPer and take great pride in helping along that way.

I think also of what Quest and Rynnik say and think they are spot on: Agony is not a place that takes care of you like a soft blanket wrapped around your shoulders and feeding you when you feel like eating. However, it will make you a fire, hand you some weapons and tells you how to hunt for wild deer. And when you come home hungry and tired after a long day hunting without a kill, hurt your knee and your fire has gone out, THEN they will give you some of their food, bandage your knee and let you warm by their fire, give you advice, and then kick you out to hunt again the next day. It's not as comfortable as some other environments, but there's not really a better place to become a good hunter if you really want to be one.
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#27 Taoist Dragon

Taoist Dragon
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Whats the activity in the AU tz (couple hours either side of DT)? I flew with GG a few time when you guys were in FW and enjoyed it. And do you have any sec status requirements?
My blog http://taoistdragon.blogspot.com.au/

That is the way, the Tao.

Balance is everything!

#28 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Whats the activity in the AU tz (couple hours either side of DT)?

I flew with GG a few time when you guys were in FW and enjoyed it.

And do you have any sec status requirements?

The hours around DT are our smallest group, but we still get a decent amount of action in - and a good number of our most active pilots killboard-wise are AU TZ players.

GG just never sleeps. Ever.

Per our RoE There is a sec status requirement of no less than -2.0. We haven't gone back to the previous RoE at this time, but if we do -2.0 will likely be added for the sake of fleet movement and logistics in highsec. Nobody wants to be the guy who gets hung up in Amarr after reshipping a cyno prophecy because of being -2.1. :ph34r:
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#29 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Howdy Taoist! I remember you!! You were fun!! :)

Ya, we're expected to maintain our sec status above -2.0, so as to not interfere with travel through hisec when that occasionally happens on classes and other operations. You would need to check with a Recruiter for specific information as to whether or not you can be accepted if your sec status is BELOW -2.0 at the time of application. I can say with some confidence that if your sec status is NOT higher than -2.0 at the time of application and you were accepted, there would be an expectation that you get it above that threshold as soon as possible. .

You'd enjoy us, Taoist, come to the null side ... we have cookies ... :)

The hours around DT are our smallest group, but we still get a decent amount of action in - and a good number of our most active pilots killboard-wise are AU TZ players.

GG just never sleeps. Ever.

The hours around DT - Echo Squad!! - may be the smallest, but we're the fiercest!! Echo Squad Best Squad! I am not biased at all!! :)

And I do sleep! That's what warping across 180au systems is for: sleeping! :)

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#30 Quest

Quest

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Also even though we are the smallest, if you look at our killboard ECHO (AU-TZ) guys are some of our most active players. Most work nights (AU, say after 6PM to a couple of hours after DT) there are at least a few people on, but for the organised gangs we rarely manage to pull big numbers such as Charlie or Alpha.

For organised gangs we usually have the same 10-ish people so at least you get to know each of us quite quickly.

EDIT. And as I simulposted this with GiGi it seems that Echo is pretty active on forums as well. :D

#31 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Echo forum warriors? never.. oh shit.. wait.. that's me..
--
Posted Image

#32 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I love that dog
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#33 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Echo forum warriors? never.. oh shit.. wait.. that's me..

The last 5 (now 6) posts on this thread are all Echo. :P

#34 Eomar

Eomar

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Let me add another.

#35 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

As far as I can tell, all the core members of Echo dual box to some extent. I thinks this promotes a culture of forum whoring. We're used to checking multiple windows constantly. What this means to the community at large is that you should always engage Agony's Echo pilots. I assure you we're not paying attention. That covops decloaked at zero on a gate was an oops. Shoot it. You will catch us unawares. Just my 0.02 isk...
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Tay

Tay

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Baiting with cov ops :D gotta love it. Too bad that that won't work in whs. Unless, hm, hang some 40km off the exit... hmmm, possibilities...

#37 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yes, baiting. Exactly. He has seen through our clever ruse, gents. Better go home.

#38 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Baiting with cov ops :D gotta love it. Too bad that that won't work in whs. Unless, hm, hang some 40km off the exit... hmmm, possibilities...

Anchor a can called 'loot' or 'bookmarks' in warpable range from WH entrance, with a battle Helios 'accidentally uncloaked / afk' on it ... shit, it doesn't even have a cloak but what they don't know won't hurt them .... YET! Enjoy ;)

#39 Oribus

Oribus
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

o7 mates. Just read a BBC article saying you Aussies are giving up beer in favor of lemonade. Comments? Dunno how I feel about a lemonade-drinking squadron...

In all seriousness, what kind of activity levels do u find in US tz? I see you emphasize that you're not a place for alts which is exactly what my alliance is. I'm part of an 800 man alliance with on average 10 people on comms, and US tz is our weakest (i.e. I'm bored). I'm a recovering carebear dipping his toes into 0.0 with one small part of my alliance but most of the time our crew is docked up or not on comms (i.e. I'm bored). Other than that, my experience has been suicide fleets and Bomber's Bar gatecamping HED-GP but I want to transition into hunt mode. To have my name lit up in the stars with the flare of exploding enemies. For neckbeards to piddle their diapers when they land on MY gate....not to continue being the piddling neckbeard.

Basicly what I would be looking for is some sense of cohesion and shared goals, and team work which you guys seem to have. So when you're done with your lemonade, can you let me know the truth?

#40 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

The beer, yes, they keep importing this weak as crap from the US, the lemonade in this part of the world is stronger and has a higher alcohol content than that crap beer. Can't get hold of the locally brewed stuff since that all gets exported as a real man's drink to the US.
--
Posted Image

#41 Oribus

Oribus
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Bah. Long Island Iced Tea for the win.

#42 Taoist Dragon

Taoist Dragon
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Mead!!! The drink of the gods!
My blog http://taoistdragon.blogspot.com.au/

That is the way, the Tao.

Balance is everything!

#43 FistyMcBumBasher

FistyMcBumBasher

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

o7 mates. Just read a BBC article saying you Aussies are giving up beer in favor of lemonade. Comments? Dunno how I feel about a lemonade-drinking squadron...

In all seriousness, what kind of activity levels do u find in US tz? I see you emphasize that you're not a place for alts which is exactly what my alliance is. I'm part of an 800 man alliance with on average 10 people on comms, and US tz is our weakest (i.e. I'm bored). I'm a recovering carebear dipping his toes into 0.0 with one small part of my alliance but most of the time our crew is docked up or not on comms (i.e. I'm bored). Other than that, my experience has been suicide fleets and Bomber's Bar gatecamping HED-GP but I want to transition into hunt mode. To have my name lit up in the stars with the flare of exploding enemies. For neckbeards to piddle their diapers when they land on MY gate....not to continue being the piddling neckbeard.

Basicly what I would be looking for is some sense of cohesion and shared goals, and team work which you guys seem to have. So when you're done with your lemonade, can you let me know the truth?

The best way to answer that is to take a look at our killboard. I would personally say that our Euro timezone is the strongest, with AU and US timezones coming in about equal in terms of participation. You will definitely experience cohesion in any of the timezones you fly with, that is why they are all split up from eachother, so that each timezone has it's own unique playstyles and fittings. There is a tentative class on the 9th/10th that you should check out if you are interested in learning more about PvP or Agony.

#44 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Baiting with cov ops :D gotta love it. Too bad that that won't work in whs.

Covop bait works fine in wh's :D

#45 Tay

Tay

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sweeet! Now I wanna go back to the wh and test that /o\

#46 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

If you ever see Reiisan decloaked sitting on a gate in a covops, for the love of god, run.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#47 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

If you ever see Reiisan decloaked sitting on a gate in a covops, for the love of god, run.

Toward him!

They key is to get a scram on him so that he can't kite you!

*unless this is during "echo" hours in which case he is probably asleep and you can safely engage him because he is afk/drowsy"
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Lies! Lies & slander Sir! All Reiisan wants to do is give you a hug. A really firm hug. That is all. I promise. Really.

#49 Rylia

Rylia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

Lies! Lies & slander Sir! All Reiisan wants to do is give you a hug. A really firm hug. That is all. I promise. Really.

With Rail guns..and Faction Antimatter, and drones...and...oh wait I am in a pod

#50 Eethelred

Eethelred
  • Pip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I have a couple of questions....well...more like 3 or 4.... I am currently in a corp that runs classes in Eve basics for players who ultimately wish to fight live opponents. It's good of them to do so but talk about agony....oy vey! Thus the following questions: 1. Does Agony think it's useful, clever or just plain cute to roleplay military drill instructors, heaping meaningless abuse on new players for failing to follow rules that are difficult to discern because they've organized their forum like a monkey hurling feces? 2. Do the majority of Agony members and students believe that every thought, feeling or insight need be prefaced and punctuated by the Saxon noun/verb/adverb/adjective for coitus? I wish these folks well and all but I don't pay a monthly fee and login to a complex, imaginative universe to experience all the culture and ambiance of a biker bar in Casper, Wyoming. 3. Does Agony focus on the Ms in MMO? What I am looking for, beyond the formidable task of simply comprehending this near impenetrable game, is group activity, teamwork and camaraderie unseasoned by a prerequisite several shots of Bourbon washed down with a six pack of beer. I'm just looking for a good crew of folks who enjoy working together and often while showing each other some respect. In short, have I come to the right place? Thanks :D