Photo

Greetings from the dead!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 rells

rells

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

I was just messing around looking at videos from the old days and I thought I would come in and check on how you all are doing these days. It's been years since I played any MMOG including Eve. I never did delete my character though. Couldn't part with good old Rells. How is the game going? I hear CCP fused it with another FPS game. I was always upset they didn't make it more player focused and was focusing on the NPC fighting. But I suppose that is how they get the money. I haven't been keeping up on the MMOG market but I don't think anyone has come out with much new in quite a while. A shame that the market in video games of all kinds has stagnated when it comes to innovation of anything more than the graphics. I still have the video Sever Aldaria made in year two of Agony, "The Agony Phenomenon" and it is still pretty awesome. It's practically a classic now. It makes me wonder if you guys are still out giving classes and killing ships. Well I hope all is well with you guys and whoever is running things these days! I wish you happy hunting. -- Robert (a.k.a. Rells)
Founder of AGONY

#2 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Agony is still Agony... Pvp U is going strong as is the killing of ships. Find the video game comment odd - about the only thing they haven't really been innovating with is the graphics due to being held back by consoles. So many indie games in particular that have been really imaginative in both setting and mechanics...

#3 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

PVPU is still going strong! Azual "retired" last year, and I've been (wo)manning the helm ever since. Sometime late this year, we'll actually have our 10,000th graduate, if my math is correct (it might be, it might not be... boring story lol!) CCP created a PS3 console game called Dust 514 that is now in open beta, it's a FPS that takes place on the planets. There really isn't that much in the way of interaction between the dust bunnies and us pod pilots other than chatting, which we can ignore. The actions of the dust bunnies on the planets only affects faction warfare system control at the moment, there is the ability for orbital bombardment on a planet but I've not actually witnessed that yet. While there likely will be more integration between the two games ultimately both games stand alone despite shared universes. I've only seen the game once when it was still in closed beta, while I am not a fan of FPS games, it was pretty nifty. Would love to see a copy of that The Agony Phenomenon video you mention... all links to it are apparently broken. Is there a copy of it on evefiles or youtube? Google says no... EDIT: Just found the video, so ignore that! :) lol!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#4 keacte

keacte

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Rells! 07 - I trust you're well and RL is going splendid for ya! :)

#5 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi Rells! Hope all is well and we are still killing spaceships.
Posted Image

#6 Carver

Carver

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Soooo many new destroyers.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#7 Silas

Silas

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hey Rells :)

I still have the video Sever Aldaria made in year two of Agony, "The Agony Phenomenon" and it is still pretty awesome. It's practically a classic now. It makes me wonder if you guys are still out giving classes and killing ships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh-7fMMdq0Y&list=PLA1UyGyjUFaEjspx12yNVQw5GCoErpRrg&index=1

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#8 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I *just* uploaded that video to our Youtube page, have it unlisted too, until I was certain there wasn't going to be any copyright blocking due to the music track, and you've found it and posted it already here! LOL! Too funny!!! Silas, you are just too efficient :)

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#9 Teralya

Teralya

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hey Rells, hope everything is well ;) Still remembering all those fantastic classes you held back in 2007/2008 - Was always a great experience of fun, learning and killing :D Is there anyone out there who still has a copy of the video I made back in my Basics course? I posted it on the old forum, but I dont remember where I uploaded ot to...

Teralyasignature_zpse92f869a.jpg

BASIC-1512071900 Pilot: Teralya
WOLFPACKS-020220081900 Pilot: Teralya
ADVANCED-050320081900 Pilot: Teralya
CAPSUPPORT-070620081600 Pilot: Sunja Lu'Aras
FLYBYS-2206081600 Pilot: Teralya
BOMBERS-072620081600 Pilot: Sunja Lu'Aras

INTERMEDIATE-20140315 Pilot: Sunja Lu'Aras

#10 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hey Rells, good to see you. Agony and the game is still doing its thing (and you'd be pleased about this one: They doubled up on the number of destroyers in the game). Hope all is well with you and the family.

#11 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hey Rells,

hope everything is well ;)

Still remembering all those fantastic classes you held back in 2007/2008 - Was always a great experience of fun, learning and killing :D

Is there anyone out there who still has a copy of the video I made back in my Basics course? I posted it on the old forum, but I dont remember where I uploaded ot to...

Hey Teralya

You graduated with the December 15, 2007 Basics class, and on that thread you posted a link to a video you made but the link says "file not found." The link to that post on our forums is here: http://www.agony-unl...t__75#entry8462

]Video finished uploading to FileFront.

Check out

Agony Unleashed - A Night with PvP Basics

for some material on the Rokh fight and the last gate camp busting we did just before we went home :)

I also had one of the fights vs. a Rapier on Fraps, but that was really short and not very spectacular, so I left it out...

m3gAb3q.png

#12 rells

rells

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Agony is still Agony... Pvp U is going strong as is the killing of ships.

Find the video game comment odd - about the only thing they haven't really been innovating with is the graphics due to being held back by consoles. So many indie games in particular that have been really imaginative in both setting and mechanics...

Perhaps I am just out of the loop then. Been massively busy with work and havent done much gaming in a year. Hunting, Shooting, Camping, Hiking, Blacksmithing and loosing 60 pounds (american pounds that is for you brits). But very little gaming. If there is some innovative game play companies out there I would appreciate the links. Might try them out when I get some time.
Founder of AGONY

#13 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

...and loosing 60 pounds (american pounds that is for you brits).

Upon who or what did you loose your weight upon.

... or should I say Unleashed.

Also;

o/
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 rells

rells

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

...and loosing 60 pounds (american pounds that is for you brits).

Upon who or what did you loose your weight upon.

... or should I say Unleashed.

Also;

o/

Hmm physically I mean. In July I weighed 205 which is what I had weighed for years. This morning 145. And I am very very fit now. :)
Founder of AGONY

#15 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hey Rells, omg its been a loooong time! I trust all is well, its good to see you are still floating about :D We miss you all like mad haha.

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#16 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wassup Rells! Eve is Eve & Agony is more or less still the same. The Durka fleet in Hemin(?) where we killed that cruiser gang still sticks out as one of the best moments in Eve. Sever made a video "HTC Durka"(I think was the name) in which he timed the song here comes the BOOM...Epic! If anyone has that video, post it plz.

#17 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Agony is still Agony... Pvp U is going strong as is the killing of ships.

Find the video game comment odd - about the only thing they haven't really been innovating with is the graphics due to being held back by consoles. So many indie games in particular that have been really imaginative in both setting and mechanics...

Perhaps I am just out of the loop then. Been massively busy with work and havent done much gaming in a year. Hunting, Shooting, Camping, Hiking, Blacksmithing and loosing 60 pounds (american pounds that is for you brits). But very little gaming. If there is some innovative game play companies out there I would appreciate the links. Might try them out when I get some time.

Here you go if genuinely interested:

Its difficult to say as it depends on what sort of thing you like - I am the sort that will play almost any type of game so get a wide choice of where to spend my hard won isk. Here are a few that I've played recently that I've thought were interesting one way or another:

FTL - A rogue-like starship "simulator" where you Star Trek your way between jumps, fighting off pirates, scavenging parts, putting out fires (by evacuating the oxygen perhaps) and generally praying for good luck with the next hop. To quote Han Solo: "She'll hold together! Hear me baby? Hold together!"

Waking Mars - An adventure game about growing plants in some caves on Mars. Sounds terrible, but has some great characterisation and rewards observation and thought for its "puzzles" rather than clicking objects together.

Thomas Was Alone - A platformer entirely inhabited by rectangles. Narrated by Danny Wallace, it manages to tell an interesting and even touching story with its blocky characters. It's maybe a little on the easy side as a game but its also pretty humourous in parts and well worth a look.

Tribes: Ascend - A remake of the old Tribes games that understands what "remake" should mean. This is a fully modern multiplayer shooter but with all the awesomeness of skiing down a slope at 200 kph before jetpacking into the air and nailing that flag carrier just before he scores...

Mark of the Ninja - A stealth action 2D platformer. Yeah its not exactly crowded in that category but I suspect that this would be toward the top of the pile even if it was. Makes being a Ninja exactly what you'd hope with a great art style that suits the game perfectly.

Crusader Kings II - A character driven "real-time" strategy - quotes because things happen slowly but you can increase time speed while waiting. Take the part of a European noble in the Middle Ages. You won't be conquering the map, Civilisation-style but struggling to keep your 3 province kingdom together (depending on the rank of noble you pick), dealing with backstabbing councilors, arranged marriages, threats of war (and even the odd actual war) and incompetant spymasters. It's the story of your lineage with as much intrigue as any real history (and many of the characters are actual people, with links to Wikipedia if you're into that kind of thing).

Hotline Miami - Utterly brutal, incredibly frustrating, wonderfully satisfying. Top down (think GTA 1) kill 'em all game with more than a touch of Drive about it and an outstanding soundtrack. It's very tough and you will die a lot but it takes all of 0.5 seconds to restart the section ready to screw up again. The frustration of how easily you can die might irritate some (it never did me) but when you get it right it feels like all the best (violent) action scenes.

Okay I could keep this up for pretty much ever so I'll leave you with a couple of free games if you don't want to splash out:

Perspective - A 2D platformer where you move the camera in 3D to solve the puzzles. Sounds like it might be annoying but it never felt like that to me. It did crash a couple of times - one level in particular I had several crashes on at the same point - but it was worth it. Not too long but good for 30 minutes of repeatedly thinking you're a genius for solving it...

Actual Sunlight - WARNING - This is a game about suicide - its incredibly well written but its very dark and hopeless. I genuinely do not recommend it to anyone who has issues with depression. It's more of an interactive story than a game but the writing is so solid that it hooked me immediately. It depicts depression from a first person perspective and as such, in order to tell its story, it doesn't consider any possibility for things to get better. I know many would read this and think "I play games to have fun, not to be depressed" and that's totally fine, this isn't for you. To me, it's like watching a film or book on the subject though which is somehow more acceptable to many people.

If there are particular types of games you're more interested in than others, let me know and I'm sure I'll have some ideas...

#18 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Wassup Rells!

Eve is Eve & Agony is more or less still the same.

The Durka fleet in Hemin(?) where we killed that cruiser gang still sticks out as one of the best moments in Eve. Sever made a video "HTC Durka"(I think was the name) in which he timed the song here comes the BOOM...Epic!

If anyone has that video, post it plz.

Haven't found the HTC vid yet... I know I have it one one of my comps.... and yes it is a classic. (albeit standard)

Here is the server FOTM punisher - they actually started to try new tactics after this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH0JIrYfW68

Here is the one we did with BDEAL and others - do they still exist? some cool guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jSDlV79QNrM

~~ soon as the little one can rat... i'mma be back!
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#19 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

...posted more media files than you are ...~~ blah blah Here (and what do you do with all those intact insured BS?... Let it Ride!!! ) almost as good as the 'planned' gangs!
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#20 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Here is one for my long lost brother ... mad laughing by JPD

#21 Othran

Othran

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Here is the one we did with BDEAL and others - do they still exist? some cool guys.

The short answer is no. They joined TEST in 2011 or thereabouts.

Longer answer is "depends on who you knew in BDEAL". If it was Gavin then no he's not been there for best part of 2 years.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#22 kothar osel

kothar osel

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

WOW!! Just wanted to check in with the old members still around , and behold a Rells visit . Hope all is well friend.
I do not discriminate. I HATE EVERYBODY!!

#23 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Hai Kothar! ♥

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#24 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Wow, some old names and memories in those vids. Good to hear you're well and fit Rells. I'm in the same boat of being so busy with real life that I don't get a chance to log Stein in much these days but hopefully that may change in a few months. We shall see. All the best pal. Oh and 10k students through PVP-U?!?!? Great stuff.
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#25 Axom

Axom

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Heya Rells (and everyone else)! I was just regaling someone the other day of our magnificent and horribly botched attempt to bomb that H-PA station camp (with like 7 or 8 stealth bombers?) and of your mad coordination skills. I've still got all those old recruitment vids around here somewhere too... Agony Phenomenon, Goons on a Bubble, and my favorite: How to dismantle a gatecamp.

Love the new forums btw... and I can't tell you how glad I am to see you guys still kicking it out there.

Posted Image

BASIC-0810061800 | WOLFPACKS-1908071800 | COVOPS-280720071200