#27 cloudy Trichome

cloudy Trichome
  • Pip

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Cloudy Trichome (PNAUT)

#28 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Sorry, stuff came up, have a good roam. You got some people moving into Jorund from what I saw today so might be worth having a prod around in there. Have fun :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#29 Dack MaRoac

Dack MaRoac
  • Pip

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Dack MaRoac - Dack MaRoac (R-FED)

#30 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

I want to thank everyone who came on the roam today!

We had a pretty good roam overall. I decided to do something a little bit different from the usual head-into-Curse-whelp fleet-head-into-Providence-whelp fleet-rinse & repeat routine I've done so much of on recent roams, so thanks to Mor Whin, who found us a nice little wormhole leading into nullsec, we back-door'd into Solar Fleet territory.

Where we found numerous ratting carriers who were all most excellent at rushing to their pos's or stations the moment anyone entered local *frustrating* ... Two hours without a single kill. New record for one of my fleets to stay alive!! Not the way I want a fleet to stay alive, of course!

We did run across a ROGUE gang of about 30 T3 battlecruisers, who were sitting on a gate, but the moment we hopped into the system they all ran away. Which was quite surprising at the time, since we were just 20, they well-outnumbered us. Turns out they'd been busy bashing structures and weren't fit to hit our small frigs and destroyers by any stretch of the imagination. I actually suggested to them to take a few minutes and fit some target painters :) But alas, quite politely and kindly, they declined the idea and we headed on out. While it was a smart decision on their part, it was frustrating for us... we'd have welcomed the whelping by that point!

As we decided to head out of nullsec, thought about going back 20 systems to the wormhole, but knowing that there was likely nothing behind us, we headed forward back to Hemin, some 37 hops. We had traveled about 20 or so systems when fortune shined on us brightly in the form of a Ethereal Dawn somewhat-kitchen-sink gate camp in 1PF-BC! This was BRILLIANT! They had a Drake, Talos, Widow, Oracle, Hurricane, and Zealot sitting on the gate (possibly a couple of other ships that I'm forgetting right now). We hopped in, I started calling primaries... Hurricane... Talos... Oracle... those were obvious to me ... then got a bit stuck on whether to kill the Zealot or Widow next, as they can be both pretty tanky, thanks to suggestions went for the Widownext, and after it melted, we took care of the Zealot. Last but not least was the Drake, which did, in fact, take the longest to kill - we had lost 5 ships by that point out of our now 18 - and while we were attacking the drake, as he entered hull, a Scimitar then shortly after a Scythe arrived on the scene. If I remember right, I think I started frantically yelling "over heat! over heat!" ... can't remember for certain... but the reps arrived too late. The drakedied. We then turned our guns on the Scimitar, who for some reason did not hop through the gate. even though he was at zero and I am quite certain had not agressed any of us. Pretty sure the Scythe got one round of reps off on the Scimitar, but it was too little, too late. As we then turned our guns on the Scythe, he chose the better part of valor and hopped through the gate, escaping our now-nearly-depleted bullets. We quickly looted the field, I asked someone to find the nearest low/hisec exit, and we hit the road, fast :) We made it up to Teonusude without issue, where we called it a night.

Oh btw... total value of the ships we destroyed was 1,646,019,639.00 is... we lost 5 ships, think it was 4 destroyers and 1 frigate but the battle report isn't showing the losses yet :)

Many many thanks to everyone who came out today. Despite the practically desperate lack of targets, we had a nice, casual, fun roam ending in a near-perfect fight. Special thanks to Mor Whin for finding us that wormhole, Kaeda and Ingelo for skirmishing, Mariner for being on the ball with the maps when I couldn't get mine to load, Ethereal Dawn for the fight, and everyone else involved for the fun!

Hope to fly with you all again, soon!

GG

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png