Photo

Loteaus' Travels

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#76 roigon

roigon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

yeah, use the radar function as well, although I will switch a lot between radar and just region view. When moving around region borders.

#77 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have got into the habit of having Dotlan open on my second screen running a 'Radar' session from my in game browser. I think I first discovered this feature when GreyGal perhaps used it on a BASIC class.

yeah, use the radar function as well, although I will switch a lot between radar and just region view. When moving around region borders.

Here's a write-up of how to use Dotlan's Radar on our wiki:
http://www.agony-unl..._Radar_Tracking

#78 Othran

Othran

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Never tried radar, might give it a go - I suspect it'll annoy me, got set in ways etc :) For Loteaus - I remember a similar chase with a Sacrilege when I was about your "PvP age". Lost him once over 8 systems or so in FW land and then got scram about 60km off the Auga gate in Amamake. At this point I asked Caldak - in a third-party chat channel wtf a Sacrilege was :D and he told me. Suffice it to say my Rifter wasn't going to do the job so I did the practical thing in Amamake and said "Sac scrammed 60km off Auga gate, need DPS". It worked although he got to within maybe 10km of gate. Was a fun chase when I had no real idea of what I was chasing, align time caught the guy more than warp speed though (don't get me started on warp acceleration).
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#79 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Day 49, Had us bubble a nice catch, Fisty and I had gone on a mini roam into Catch, which allowed me to practise my recon and see what we could catch. A Vagabond had aggressed Fisty and Fisty had done likewise. I came through the gate, shortly after and applied my scram, web, nos and dps. We had the vagabond down to armour, through overheating our guns. This had created a sense of urgency in the Vaga., as his alt appeared on the scene in the form of a Falcon. This signalled the end of the fight for us. After DT, a challenge was placed upon me to get back to Hemin, by myself. We were at a gate, when a frigate, I had not recognised passed me, going the other direction. I gave a slow recon to Fisty, thinking it was a covert ops ship or something I couldn't catch. He said to scram it, just as I was warping to a tac at the next gate. A comment about my heritage followed, as I turned around and made my way back to the gate, the frigate had gone through. However, as I was heading back, Fisty said that he had a Maller (M-all-er), which had aggressed him. I came through and we had managed to get the Maller's shields down and was into his armor, when his 3 friends showed up, (2 Talos's and something else). When seeing this, one side of me said to stay until Fisty says go, and the other was saying, "RUN!" so I aligned and warped. This was a good choice, as Fisty was also able to leave the field, but only with his pod. I made the rest of the way back to Hemin, without any real concerns. I was about to log off, when The gang, I had encountered ealier, was entering Hemin, I was encouraged to stay on and was pleasantly rewarded, with a bubbled Tengu and the Maller, from the earlier encounter, ending up on Agony's killboard. That Tengu was a strange situation, as he died, even though he had the capacity to get away. Nice kill but. Loteaus P.S. With GG's assistance, I was able to complete my S&O Certificate. Thanks GG
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#80 Quest

Quest

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Nice, well done on bailing out with that Maller. It shows good situational awareness and you are way ahead in that respect than at the start of your trial (hell even from a few weeks ago). Mallers are sort of cruiser equivalent on bait Drakes (or any other tanky baity ship). They have armor resistance bonus and as such could feature a massive armor tank for a T1 ship. So as a general rule, whenever you are engaging a single tanky ship on a gate (or wherever really) be extra careful and think of your get out plan. Keep on the directional scan button and be ready to react as the reinforcements come in.

#81 Othran

Othran

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'd guess Loteaus is pretty much settled in now as his posts here have fallen off. Then again it could just be that Echo has got a bit more active ;)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#82 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Stay Tuned

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#83 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Day 58: It has been a while since my last entry

I have been puttering around Hemin, travelled through a few Worm Holes, earning ISK by killing hauler rats convoys, and generally learning by my mistakes.

The thing I'm dealing with right now is what to do in certain situations, especially new ones. I'm told to do something, so I do it. However, when something happens, that I don't know or have not been told how to do deal with it, it feels like the response given is aimed at someone who should know better. This makes me feel bad, so I self analyse where I might have gone wrong, but realise that I couldn't have known, due to never being told.

I suppose, regardless of the situation, it's how I deal with it after it happens. At the time, you can't help but feel a bit deflated. Giving myself a chance to go away and weigh up what had happened against the bigger picture, and usually its a case of, these guys mean well so, "build a bridge and get over it."

Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#84 Othran

Othran

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm only speculating here, but there comes a time when leading people by the hand isn't in their best interests. You've been in corp for nearly 10 weeks now so possibly some Agony members feel you should know more than you do in some areas. They may also feel that giving you the answer on a plate isn't as appropriate as it was when you'd been in corp for 4 weeks. I speculate but the corps I've been in have been like that. You should also bear in mind that during/lead up to fights responses to questions are commonly a lot more abrupt IME. It doesn't mean the guy you're talking to has suddenly turned into a complete bastard, probably just means they have a lot more to deal with than your questions :) I always find it best to ask after/read AAR (if you lot still do them) as you'll get more detailed responses. Nobody knows it all buddy. That's the thing to remember ;)
Today's word is :

#85 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Day 63, finds Loteaus given 2 minutes to ship up, after coming back from watching the 4th Die Hard Movie. Caldak, Kohana, Deran, Joe and myself headed off to a place in Catch to say hello to a Megathron Navy Issue and a Hyperion. We wished their pods farewell and came back, having killed 3.6Bil in ISK and scoring 2Bil in Loot. NICE! That has to be up there as one of the best buzz experiences I have had in Agony. Thank guys! Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#86 roigon

roigon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Day 63, finds Loteaus given 2 minutes to ship up, after coming back from watching the 4th Die Hard Movie.

Caldak, Kohana, Deran, Joe and myself headed off to a place in Catch to say hello to a Megathron Navy Issue and a Hyperion. We wished their pods farewell and came back, having killed 3.6Bil in ISK and scoring 2Bil in Loot. NICE!

That has to be up there as one of the best buzz experiences I have had in Agony. Thank guys!

Loteaus

I hate you for that :P God dammit, I've literally never seen a haul like that. You guys must have bribed the loot fairy or something.

#87 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Nothing like that ever drops for me :( Best I ever got was some shield booster years ago. Was worth about 250mill but I got popped 2 hops from dumping it in station, proving the old adage that loot only makes your lossmail worse :D Everything else that drops for me is just dross.....
Today's word is :

#88 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Day 66, has me sucking big time at situational awareness and also completed my D-Scan assessment. Was on one side of a gate, with Toran and a Rupture, (I think) trying desperately to make it back to gate. All I hear is, " Loteaus, scram-web.." then I reacted, by activating my scram and webs. The rest went like this, "...on the other side of the gate." Ops. I should have gone through and misread the situation. Toran did my D-scan assessment. First test was in Jorund, with some hostile ships in local. Scanned Toran down in something like 1.47 minutes. The second assessment went for 4 or 5 minutes, as I wasn't expecting the size of the system. A third and forth test was done, and I passed. Yay. Non-blues be aware *g* Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#89 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

As always, Loteaus is a bit harsh to himself ;)

The above mentioned Rupture (which was a Talos) had been called as "scrammed" on this side of the gate already - that's why ppl were expecting him to know to go to the other side to scram him there once the Talos goes through.
Obviously, Loteaus ain't into that kinda routine yet, so he took my wording directly. That's why you shouldn't command "Jump... through the gate when I give you a GO, guys" ;)

And him sucking at the 2nd scan was because we went to Farit - Jorund itself ain't that huge as he makes it sound there.

Loteaus probably is just fishing for compliments *g*, but nah, he's on the right path. DSCAN really is a nice tool, and I love "hunting" players out there myself ;)

#90 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Day 68, Had me leaving Hemin on my first solo roam, to travel the course of my FC roam on Thursday.

Was fun... Picked up about 8.5Mil ISK in T2 drones, floating about and made some new tacs.

Was fun.

Got back to Hemin, and spiralled in on a Naga. I yellow boxed it and it redocked. It was warping to a tac and trying to alfa ships. I must have scared him off. *g*

Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#91 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Day 70, had Loteaus heading his first roam, as FC, (YIKES!)

The roam was to take us to Catch, via Jamunda. Then complete a ring, coming back to Hemin, via VOL.

I was not sure if leading a big fleet would be good or not, but the decision was out of my hands. It ended up being over 10 people. with others arriving later on.

I was very nervous, but determined not to let it get to me. The result was a very reserved Loteaus, who depended on what he had observed, from other FC's, and therefore might have not come across as someone who was having fun. On top of that, I had three scouts out, reporting back on places I couldn't find on the map, with some of the information not being useful, (this was a good learning experience about what I will be doing in future, as a scout).

Copying the way that other FC's did things help heaps in keeping me calm, even when I was being trolled. *g*

The fleet travelled further than I was expecting, taking in areas I had not been before and was able to learn more, about the history of these places and what one might find there.

The action was to start, when we hit V-3YG7. Caldak had been stirring the pot, for some time, before the fleet reached him. Good cook too, (metaphorically speaking) *g* He had set up a bubble to catch ships coming from the station, to give us time to dispatch a Ferox in GE-. Since the Farox was gone, We placed all our attention on the Procurer that had landed in Caldak's bubble, until a Vexor landed. This was made primary, while points remained on the Procurer. Then a Sabre arrived, which required it to be made Primary. I had to bounce, due to the Vexor's drones, concentrating on me. I managed to draw the drones away, before I warped. I then came back to help finish the fight.

During this battle we suffered loses. Caldak, dzu and Eomar had lost their ships. However, we had destroyed three ships ourselves. We managed to win the ISK battle by about 1-2Mil ISK, (close).

I was pretty much frazzled by now, wanting to very much head back to the security of Hemin. This was when I asked the dumbest question of the fleet. "X up who wants to stay and continue the fight." Everyone Xed up. This was when Deran gave us reports of a heavy fleet coming from OSHT. I made the decision to head back to Hemin, via Jamunda. Should have stayed in hindsight.

I had to leave the fleet, upon reaching Hemin, as my wife had hired a movie and was losing the battle between the VRC running the movie.

I hoped back on 2-3 hours later and was involved with dispatching a Pilgrim, who seemed to want to lose his ship. 200Mil ISK kill: Happy to help him out. *g*

Thanks guys, for wanting to come on my roam.

Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#92 Eomar

Eomar

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Looking forward to your AAR in the AAR forum as well, Loteaus.

#93 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Can't wait to read the internal AAR! Had a total blast with you, Loteaus, you did terrific!! Your voice was so authoritative, didn't know you had it in you :) Even more, can't wait to fly under you again!!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#94 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Doh!

That was only meant to be a one off, for core prerequisites. :blink:

You guys were meant to stick to my script. "Oh... he was awful.... shan't have him do that again"

I was hoping this would be enough and there would not be a need for an internal AAR. :( *g* Now to copy and paste.

Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#95 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Of course there needs to be an internal AAR! You don't want me posting the video HERE, do you? :) *teasing*

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#96 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

:huh:

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#97 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

You guys were meant to stick to my script. "Oh... he was awful.... shan't have him do that again"

Loteaus Seaven was such an FC prodigy that he couldn't fail when he tried to. :P
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#98 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Damn nearly ran into me playing in an alt corp, missed you by about 4 minutes around 10am so I saw the remnants of your fight :D
Today's word is :

#99 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

picked clean by the victors....hahaha... scampering away..

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#100 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Day 76, had me FCing a bunch of us along a similar cause as last time. This time it seemed that I might have been stepping on someone's fingers. I got the impression people were annoyed that I was cutting them off in mid sentence, as they were giving recon, or dealing with a situation, that I was unable to deal with at the time. I think the problem is the delay I have, here in Australia. A number of times people have asked me to do things, that I had done straight away, but the lag between made it appear I was slow to react. In this case, it would seem I was cutting people off. I know you don't like me apologising, so I will try and put systems in place that might minimise this possible problem happening in the future. Other than that, we managed to not lose a single ship and killed 2 battle cruisers and a battleship. Loteaus

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image