Enrollment will open on Thursday, January 10th @ 19:00 Eve time
By popular demand, we have scheduled a Skirmishing class! But as it's a class we haven't done in quite some time, it's a protoype class that will be changed and adapted up to the last second, including possible changes to the reading material. If you sign up, please be aware of the prototype status - we know the material, but need to find "the" way of teaching it.
Because this is the first time we're running this newly-revamped class, we have to restrict the total number of enrolled students to only ten. This low enrollment is also because the class day will consist mainly of practical exercises; we want to be able to focus on *every single student*.
While they are not always unsung heroes, interceptor pilots are often regarded as "just tackle". While the value of even "just tackle" might still be debatable (no fights without proper tackling), in Agony we use inties for more than pure tackling - we call that role "Skirmishing" and consider it a highly valued specialized fleet role. Combining scouting, tackling and "provoking fights," a skirmisher's responsibility goes beyond "just a tackler" and can be one of the most entertaining and challenging roles in a fleet if you are the type for it. Skirmishers bring unparalleled value to nearly all gang types, but especially in a small-to-medium size gang. Skilled skirmishers enjoy more independence than any other fleet member out there and can be the difference between awesome fights and no kills at all. While skirmishers might not get onto most killmails, you can be the one that creates battles (by finding/holding targets) or saves the fleet.
The role of skirmisher may not require a lot of skill points, but it can take lots of player skill to actually get into it. If you enjoy small-to-medium size gangs, fast zooming ships that require a lot of situational awareness and independent decision making, the life as a skirmisher might be for you!
CLASS OVERVIEW: The core topics this class will be covering are:
- Introduction to Skirmishing - Objective / role
- Ship requirements/strengths
- Fitting a fleet interceptor
- Detailed role description
- You must be a PVP-BASIC alumni. For now, since this is the first run of this class, we will only require PVP-BASIC as a prerequisite. That may change in future offerings of this class.
- You must be able to fly a T2 Interceptor
- You should have a basic familiarity with your interceptor already, having flown it a bit, tackled a bit. We don't expect you to be an expert already surpassing your teachers, of course!
- You must be able to attend BOTH DAYS, both the class day AND the roam day. If you cannot attend the roam, please do NOT enroll and wait for the next time the class runs. You will not be considered a graduate of this class if you cannot attend the roam.
- You must have a working microphone
- You are expected to read all of the Skirmishing articles prepared for this class on our Wiki
- Class takes place in nullsec, the potential exists for fights, kills, ship losses and poddings, so make sure your clone is up-to-date and not too expensive.
- Before the class day, you will be sent a private message with the nullsec solar system this class will take place in. You will need to have 3 interceptors plus a cruiser or battlecruiser of your choice in the class system before the class starts. You may move your ships yourself, or Agony can move them for you for a small fee. Details on this will be sent to you in the private message.
- Course Code: SKIRMISHING-20130118
- Time and Duration:
- Class: January 18th, 2013 starting at 19:00 hrs Eve time (4+ hours - *please be aware of the prototype character of the class - if it takes longer, don't be surprised)
- Roam: January 19th, 2013 starting at 19:00 hrs Eve time (4+ hours). Roam will depart from Berta. Students of this class WILL be skirmishing for the Alumni roam on the 19th
- Please try to arrive at least 15 minutes before the class is due to start on both days.
- Price: 30m ISK per pilot, plus 8m ISK per pilot if you want to use our JF hauling service (please read the class description page in the wiki and details sent in a private message after class enrollment is confirmed)
- Please send the course fee directly to the "Agony Unleashed" Corporation, and use the course code in the transfer.
- If you are having financial difficulties, Somer Blink has generously set up a scholarship fund for our students. Type SOMER BLINK in your enrollment post to use the scholarship fund for tuition purposes (cannot be used for our JF hauling services, sorry!)
- Click here to learn how to enroll in a PVP-U class.
- Meeting Location:
- Class day location will be sent to you by private message after confirmed & paid sign-up.
- Roam day will depart from Berta.
- Instructors: Itkovian Beddict & ToranBrades
- Fleet Commander: TBA
- Maximum Enrollment: 10 (sorry guys, prototype, and we will have way more personal feedback during the extended practical parts, thus the hard limit) - the 11th signup will be used in case of a cancellation)
- Post in this thread using our standard format of Forum Name - Ingame Name (TICKER)
Greygal - Greygal (AGONY)
ToranBrades - ToranBrades (AGONY)
Itkovian - Itkovian Beddict (AGONY)
Bamar - Christina Bamar (AGONY)
VERY VERY IMPORTANT:
ONLY STUDENTS ATTENDING THIS CLASS SHOULD SIGN UP IN THIS THREAD.
There is a separate thread for all other Alumni to sign up to attend the roam.
For those of you attending just the roam, sign up in that thread only! Thanks!
Confirmed students: Paid
1. AkJon Ferguson
2. Fenix Ookami
3. Lowkey Asgaurd
4. Noslen Nosilla
7. Drosstein Fitch
9. Khador Vess
11. Vjorn - Bjorn Angannon (FLEET)
12. Marvin - Marvin Senitia (FCFTW)
AWAITING CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT:
Confirmed students: Corporate account
Confirmed students: Using credit from prior missed class
2. Dybbuch - Dybbuch (AGONY)
3. FistyMcBumBasher - FistyMcBumBasher (AGONY)
4. IBallista - iBallista (Agony)
Missed class, credited:
- Vjorn - Bjorn Angannon (FLEET)
- Fenix Ookami - Fenix Ookami (R-FED)
- Nemoya - neeemoxxx (TSHY)
- Nos - Noslen Nosilla (FLIC)
- AkJon Ferguson - AkJon Ferguson (FERGY)
- Gustavus Adolphus - Valdarem (CRTRK)
- Khador - Khador Vess - (B-REP)
- Lowkey Asgaurd - Lowkey Asgaurd (FCARE)
- Fitch - Drosstein Fitch (AIDEI)
- Ingelo - Ingeloakastimizliam (DEFLC)
- Marvin - Marvin Senitia (FCFTW)
- Dybbuch - Dybbuch (AGONY)
- FistyMcBumBasher - FistyMcBumBasher (AGONY)
- IBallista - iBallista (Agony)
The following Agony members also attended and supported the class on a "unofficial" basis, but are also considered graduates of the class (even if they previously graduated! lol!)
- joe lost
- john mcguirk