Photo

[Feedback] PVP Basic January 4/5 @ 08:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Really enjoyed the class today - was the first time I ever had a class actually end ON TIME!!! Class ran 3:55 actual time (discounting for downtime, of course!), so actually 5 minutes early. Of course, quite a few of us stayed for several hours after class chit-chatting, as usual! We love feedback - good, bad, or indifferent! Please share what you thought of the class and the roam!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Othran

Othran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Apologies if a load of us started talking about stuff you don't really need to know yet - like the discussion about angular/radial/etc and where its useful. Hopefully it didn't leave some of you thinking "wtf?". Greygal gets a pat on the back for starting a class that late in her TZ. Lets see what the roam brings. Russians is my bet :D
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#3 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the class. Thank you GG, and all the support from the other members of Agony, for making it a prosperous experience. I thought the most interesting part of the class was being made aware of the importance of intel. and how this information is fed back to the FC. Listening to the conversation after the class allowed me to become more familiar with the members of Agony. I became aware of how their travels through New Eden lead them to become part of Agony Unleashed. Being exposed to conversations, even those that have information beyond our present understanding, can sow the seed for a more stable platform of understanding in the future. (Even dogs benefit from the crumbs that fall from the table) I am looking forward to continuing my PVP training under Agony’s guidance. Loteaus Seaven (Lotus 7)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#4 xp3ll3d

xp3ll3d
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

It was worth 20mil just for "select all names in local, to see who jumps in" tip. The pacing of the class was spot on. I've got 45m SP, and dabbled in FW & 0.0. But it was all mostly self taught. It was good to have my knowledge validated. Bulk of my SP are in logi & interceptors (which don't work in a hydra fleet). But it just means i've got better skills for the frigate roam tonight ;-)

#5 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Bulk of my SP are in logi & interceptors (which don't work in a hydra fleet). But it just means i've got better skills for the frigate roam tonight ;-)

Interceptors are awesome in the Basic class Hydra frigate fleet! In the skirmishing role, however ;) Which as an alumni you are welcome to volunteer to fly on future roams (the alumni roams are often staffed with alumni skirmishers, less so on the class roams as we usually have enough Agony for that) :)

For your first roam with us, though,, of course, stick to a cheap T1 frigate. Be a lot more fun!

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#6 Fayader

Fayader
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

thank you very much Graygal i enjoyed the class . hope to get a chance to take a few more :)

#7 Kronthar

Kronthar
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Great class and roam! many thanks to Greygal and the Agony Unleashed team for their dedication and patience. Looking forward to more classes and roams in the future.

#8 Penates

Penates
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Awesome class & roam. Thanks to Greygal & Agony for putting it on :) Looking forward to more classes in the AU TZ

#9 Quest

Quest

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thankyou all for coming to the roam, it was really quiet but at least we got a pretty good fight right at the end. Too bad we didn't get back to Berta (sorry to those who are stranded on the other side - at least in high sec :) ) and for the rest who are sticking around hopefully we will have some fun on our way back. I must say it was one of the most competent class fleets I've ever FC'd especially when it came to aligning and general fleet movement, well done guys!

#10 Othran

Othran

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Was very fun. I prefer class roams around that size rather than the big 80-90 member class roams. Roll on Wolfpacks next week and Caldak not wimping out :P
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#11 Daihu

Daihu
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I absolutely loved it. It was fun and I learned a lot. Hopefully I can be a bit more useful to my FC when we get wardecced again, :) I have to work on my english for that too xD (I'm portuguese) Even though I was sleepy this morning (damn WTs last night xD), the roam woke me up. I'm looking forward to the next classes :) Thank you everyone!

#12 Ina Sabezan

Ina Sabezan
  • PipPip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

As usual I had a ball :) The classes are worth coming back to, even if you have done them before. There is always something new, especially with all the ship changes lately. Defintely worth it! Thanks Greygal for organising an excellent two days. I don't even want to think about how much work you are having every time you do this. Also a big thank you to Quest and roigon and all the skirmishers for a fun roam.

#13 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Despite space being pretty quiet and empty... we managed to find at least 24 kills and some good fights - kudos for Test for feeding us so many nice kills! :) That was really fun! The fleet moved really well, coms were excellent, and despite a few mistakes here and there (including a really funny one where I warped us into a hostile-laden catch bubble when I was actually trying to get the remnants of our fleet to safety! Sorry Silivay! Words cannot describe the sense of horror I felt as we landed on grid into that bubble... coupled with the fact Othran had reported that bubble more than once to me and I warp us right into it... *facepalm*) I think everyone enjoyed themselves and performed admirably. I thoroughly enjoyed flying with each and every one of you today, this class was a joy to fly with. Ya, I know, I say that every class, and it's always true! But each one is a joy in a slightly different way, okay? :) Personal highlight of the roam today for me was flying with Caldak again, been too long - damn good to fly with you again, mate! Best fight was, without doubt, the aforementioned fight with Test alliance, the way they just kept trickling in to us was a near-perfect example and demonstration of why fleets should always fly together, arrive together, and even escape together ;) Remember: first to warp, first to die. First to decloak, first to die. Oh ya, great examples of that wisdom on the part of our generous opponents today! Special thanks to all of Agony for their support as always :wub:

m3gAb3q.png

#14 Damion Ren

Damion Ren
  • Pip

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thanks all for a really great time. Loved the class and and have no words to describe how much i enjoyed the roam. (despite getting podded twice, once in the bubble GG! lol) The class and the roam both gave me the confidence i needed to get out into null and start blowing stuff up. Good luck to all of you in Agony and fly safe.

#15 Donato

Donato
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I enjoyed the class and the roam, we had some fun fights, and especially learning how to set up properly for a catch and listening to how the FC responded to skirmisher reports and moved the fleet to chase down a prospective fight was helpful. Looking forward to taking some more classes, would recommend it to others thinking of getting their feet wet.

#16 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Wish I'd known Caldak was back for this. Don't be a stranger, bro. It was this (staying up all night) or the Tuskers frigate FFA (the next day.)
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#17 Brodit

Brodit
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Loved the roam, slightly less impressed by the fact that I never died. I'll try harder next time, maybe fly a Griffin again they're always primaried. Looking forward to the next basic pvp class, eventually I will have worked my way through all the roles. Fly Well since safe is boring.