Photo

[CLOSED] Dec 26 @ 21:00 Holiday Hangover Alumni Roam!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

UPDATE 25th DEC:

Looks like our numbers are going to be much lower than normal - I guess people are planning on being too hungover to fly internet spaceships tomorrow! So let's plan on fitting for gank - HSSR.

Any frigate or destroyer of your choice, fit for gank, fit for speed (mwd or ab), figure somewhere in the roughly 6km-15km optimal range.

Have a medium or large shield extender available in case we get one or two flying logi frigates, which if we do, let's go with shield logi frigates instead of armor. Thinking shield will be better since our gang will be about 1/3rd the normal size.

Still would be really cool if someone could scan out a wormhole or two to provide us a nifty backdoor into some random nullsec region or another :)

=========================

Twas the day after Christmas, and all through null space,
The pirates were gate camping, such a disgrace!
Their snowballs were flying with nary a care,
In hopes that Agony soon would be there!

The Alumni were nestled all snug in their pods,
With dreams of explosions, they formed up their squads!
And Greygal the FC, then said with much glee,
It's time to undock and make them all flee!

Santa came early to New Eden, bringing us so many new and revamped shiny toys to unwrap and play with! As is traditional for the day after Christmas, it's time to go out and show all our friends and neighbors what Santa brought us for Christmas!

For this roam, we're going to play with the all-new Destroyers and the new logistic ("support") frigates!

Fit out one to three of the new Destroyers of your choice, using the fits listed below as a guide (feel free to use T1 mods instead of T2 mods depending upon your skills/wallet).

For those who are willing and able to do so, one logistic Frigate of your choice (Inquisitor or Navitas), fit for remote armor repping. If you're choosing to play with your shiny new logi frig, have one or two Destroyers on hand also, on the off chance we have too many logi frig pilots and not enough Destroyer pilots (although an all-logi frig fleet could be evil fun...) I'll post suggested fits for the Inquisitor and Navitas later today.

Yes, I know armor-tanked Destroyers and remote-armor-repping logi frigs sound insane, I'll explain the reasoning in voice before we head out :)

Here are suggested fits for the new Destroyers for this roam:
Talwar
Spoiler

Corax
Spoiler

Algos
Spoiler

Dragoon
Spoiler

Form up in Berta (Sendaya for you flashies) by 21:00. We'll spend about 15 minutes going over the basics of flying a fleet with logistical support, broadcasting, anchoring, and do a quick practice or two on it then we'll head out into nullsec and see what kind of trouble we can cause!

This fun roam is open to all PVPU Alumni and also to all our friends who are currently a member of the Amarr Faction Warfare Militia. There is no cost for this roam. I expect to roam for around two hours, but don't be surprised if we're still flying around as the sun comes up.

Please RSVP to this party by posting below using our usual sign-up format:

Forum Name - Character Name (TICKER)

This roam is free, and will be held on Agony's Teamspeak server. The FC will be me, Greygal unless I can sweet talk someone else to do it Good thing I have Sweet Talk V trained, but it's a chance-based mod!

HIGHLY recommend cheap/empty clones. Don't say I didn't warn you....

If you would like to try your hand at scouting or skirmishing, please state so in your post below and have appropriate ships available in
Berta, along with spare frigates. I should have enough Agony support to fill these roles, but just in case we don't, good to have backups available.

If you have experience as a logistics officer and are willing to lead the logistics squad and keep them organized, please state so in your post below!

If you have the time and are willing to do some scanning an hour or so before the roam, I think it would be terrific if we could find a
wormhole or three that provides us with some back-doors into nullsec. I don't mind throwing us at the usual gate camps in Doril and/or HED-GP, but that's getting kind of predictable and boring... and ya'll know what happens when I get bored... ;)

Remember, I'm better at poetry than I am at FCing, so expect to die! This roam is for fun, giggles, and explosions, of course! Alcohol recommended, sense of humor required!

Victims Pilots Confirmed:
  • AkJon Ferguson - AkJon Ferguson (FERGY)
  • Diablo - Diablo DeHombres (R-FED)
  • PsychoBitch - PsychoBitch (PLA)
  • Haifisch Zahne - Haifisch Zahne (HRAKA)
  • Paladin109 - Walter Egoh (SSERV)
  • Bafolomew Paul - Barfolomew Paul (HKR)
  • Zorbolt - Zorbolt (ZSS)
  • Jalisco Eisen Koraka-Jalisco Eisen Koraka (E-UNI)
  • Artadis - Artadis (B-REP)
  • Othran - Othran (KTFT)
  • Gustavus Adolphus - Gustavus Adolphus (CRTRK)
  • Vjorn - Vjorn Angannon (FLEET)
  • GlaykosEstemaire - Glaykos Estemaire (-TMNT)
  • Victor Cain - Lord Alchemist (A)
  • djinn khan - DJINN KHAN (SKRW)
  • Druur - Druur Monakh (IC24)
  • McReaper - McReaper (FT100)
  • Moriarty - Jen Moriarty (LFORU)
  • Pesets - Pesets (-300-)
  • 2George - 2George (OUCH)
  • dizzy - Lolixx (R-FED)
  • Bren Genzan - Bren Genzan (OUCH) +some

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

AkJon Ferguson - AkJon Ferguson (FERGY)
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#3 Diablo

Diablo
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Diablo - Diablo DeHombres (R-FED) Surprised it wasn't an end of the world roam! lol

#4 PsychoBitch

PsychoBitch

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

PsychoBitch - PsychoBitch (PLA)
PsychoBitch - PsychoBitch (PLA)
BASIC-20100417 | WOLFPACKS-20100828 | COVOPS - 1909101800 | FLYBYS-20110212 | ADVANCED-20120418

I am a very angry woman in the service of a vengeful god. A laugh in the face of death, live on the razors edge, grab the devil by the nuts kinda gal. . . . and by the way, sex DOES sell.™

A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.
Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

#5 Guest_Haifisch Zahne_*

Guest_Haifisch Zahne_*

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Haifisch Zahne - Haifisch Zahne (HRAKA)

There is a snowball’s chance in hell that I can make it, but just in case.... As I suspected, I won't be able to make it.

#6 Paladin109

Paladin109
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Paladin109 - Walter Egoh (SSERV)

#7 Barfolomew Paul

Barfolomew Paul
  • Pip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Bafolomew Paul - Barfolomew Paul (HKR)

#8 Zorbolt

Zorbolt

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Zorbolt - Zorbolt (ZSS)

#9 Jalisco Eisen Koraka

Jalisco Eisen Koraka
  • PipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

With Greygal to lead us all into the frey, We'll take our new dessies we got Christmas Day! Our shiny toys forfeit, to take down our foes, In LoSec and NullSec -They'll hear, "HO, HO, HO's"! Jalisco Eisen Koraka-Jalisco Eisen Koraka (E-UNI)

Edited by Greygal, 21 December 2012 - 10:23 AM.
That is BRILLIANT!!

#10 Artadis

Artadis
  • PipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Artadis - Artadis (B-REP)

#11 Mangala Solaris

Mangala Solaris

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'll see you out there, Ganked'x usual post xmas roam is around the same time ;)

#12 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Othran - Othran (KTFT) If I still have a hangover at 2100 then I'll be back on the beer. I suspect most of the Euros will be the same :P
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#13 Gustavus Adolphus

Gustavus Adolphus
  • PipPip

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Gustavus Adolphus - Gustavus Adolphus (CRTRK)

#14 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'll see you out there, Ganked'x usual post xmas roam is around the same time ;)

lol! I should have checked your schedule before I posted my party :) Might have to crash each other's parties :o

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#15 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Vjorn - Vjorn Angannon (FLEET)

#16 GlaykosEstemaire

GlaykosEstemaire
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

GlaykosEstemaire - Glaykos Estemaire (-TMNT)

#17 Victor Cain

Victor Cain
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Victor Cain - Lord Alchemist (A)

#18 djinn khan

djinn khan
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

djinn khan - DJINN KHAN (SKRW)

#19 Druur

Druur

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Druur - Druur Monakh (IC24)
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#20 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

I'm thinking low numbers might mean gank fit would be more effective (and definitely more fun.) Something like this:

[Talwar, New Setup 1]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
DDO Photometry Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption Script
Warp Scrambler II

Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I

Also, if you want people to show up with logi frigates, you should post a fit. Otherwise it will be like the last roam where you asked for a bunch of blackbirds and didn't post a fit and nobody showed up in a blackbird.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#21 Diablo

Diablo
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Cancel

#22 Othran

Othran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Low numbers are good. Might have to be flexible about ships but we'll have no problems getting a fight. Probably best to avoid the Ganked roam at the start as we'll get welped :D Happy Christmas to all of you that do the godbothering thing :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#23 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Ya, people apparently are planning on being too hungover to fly internet spaceships tomorrow! So yes, let's plan on fitting for gank - HSSR. Any frigate or destroyer of your choice, fit for gank, fit for speed (mwd), figure somewhere in the roughly 6km-15km optimal range. Have a medium or large shield extender available in case we get one or two flying logi frigates, which if we do, let's go with shield logi frigates instead of armor. Thinking shield will be better since our gang will be about 1/3rd the normal size.

m3gAb3q.png

#24 McReaper

McReaper
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

McReaper - McReaper (FT100)
BASIC-20100220
WOLFPACKS- 1203102200

#25 Moriarty

Moriarty
  • PipPip

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:02 AM