Photo

[Feedback] PVP Basic October 20/21 @ 08:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

We love feedback about our classes - good, bad, or indifferent. Please let us know what you thought of today's class (and tomorrow's roam once that is completed), what you think we could do better, what you enjoyed, what you didn't. It was a great class today! Really enjoyed our time together. Can't wait till the roam tomorrow, I suspect we're going to have an awesome roam! I'll update this post with some information about our roam tomorrow. ==== Great roam - lasted just over 7 hours! At last count, 38 kills, more to come as people finish posting their kill mails! Had several terrific fights that I'll write more about later, as right now I can't keep my eyes open! Thanks to all our students and alumni, this was a terrific event! Thanks to all of Agony for their support, I luv you guys!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Victor Cain

Victor Cain
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Class was very well structured and I did not feel like a moment was wasted. Agony members and students were very helpful and patient. Class was very informative giving very good best pratices approach to pvp and techincal information. Can't wait for tommorows roam then wolfpack :ph34r:

#3 Pete Butcher

Pete Butcher
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

The class was awesome - much information in interesting form. Although, I really wished the spiraling part would involve each participant to approach and get some individual feedback, as this is an important technique as I understand. But it would take another hour probably, so I understand it would be hard.

#4 Iris Flair Lafisques

Iris Flair Lafisques
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Great class!! Was fighting the sandman almost the entire time and fell out while practice on spiralling... I think I still retained a lot and cant wait for the roam!!

#5 grevian

grevian
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Was a little slow at first, but that fight at the end was a blast! I'll try to join in on future roams but I hope they occur at different times, this class/roam was 4am-8am local time for me, which is pretty brutal :(

#6 Shamathrush

Shamathrush

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thank you for welcoming alumni back for these classes. It made a lot more sense the second time around, and the roam was absolutely awesome. That 25+ minute fight was epic! Great job GG, Quest, and the rest of the Agony team. You guys are real pros!

#7 mcwizzard

mcwizzard
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Good class. Explanations were clear and concise. Got a lot of stuff I can work with, and will try to improve. GG made the theory part easy to follow. Will definately check the vid's again to improve. Roam was a blast. Especially the fight with RA and Darkspawn was all a new pilot can hope for. Quest was a fantastic FC. I've seen several youtube movies with yelling/crying FC's, but none of this all in this fleet. Calm orders and clear primary calling made a just graduaded frig fleet turn into a killer swarm. Looking forward for next alumni roams.

#8 Victor Cain

Victor Cain
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

12 Ships killed (2.08B ISK) 0 Ships lost (0B ISK) 100% Efficiency (ISK) - What more need I say. Great Roam looking forward to many more events with Agony.

#9 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Full respect to Quest for his FC - staying calm, focussed and in control during a very long rolling brawl which gave us one of the best fights I've been in since my trial started.

#10 Meynn

Meynn
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Excellent class. Wonderful roam.

#11 BioHazRd

BioHazRd
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

The class was great - GG has a great way of getting the info across in an understandable way. The roam today was a mixed bag for me. I had to DC as my overview would not load, got disconnected from fleet, got lost, found my way back only to be hopped on just as I was about to jump through the last gate - but at least I learnt that I died due to not using local / dscan properly (always learning). I continued listening to Quest on TS right up to DT, and I was very impressed by his cool attitude. I cant wait to go on another roam with these guys as an alumni and practice what I learnt today.

#12 Bromotality

Bromotality
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Great class! I will for sure attend again!

#13 Mirrez

Mirrez
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

The 2nd time thru BASIC was as informative as the 1st; there's a lot to learn if you're really a PVP noob like me. Quest did a great job leading the group in some big engagements. I will participate in any upcoming classes and am trying to get my corp mates to come too.

#14 Diablo

Diablo
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I want to thank everyone at Agony Unleashed for hosting this class and sharing your knowledge with those of us less experienced. The class was awesome and I learned a lot and subsequent roam was great both for the fights and for making your anxiety sky rocket. Best part was when we almost ended up being the sandwich meat for 2 other fleets. We were in the middle of a system when 1 fleet came in from one gate and another from the opposite gate. I thought for sure we were done for. Seeing 66 of us versus a dozen or so Tengu's, tons of Hurricane's, and much much more. We were screwed but we survived because the fleet was so well lead. Even though we did not kill a lot the most important thing I learned was how to survive. Thank You Agony! P.S. Greygal I left you a contract in Berta, consider it a donation or maybe give them to some capsuleers who don't have much in the way ISK. Thanks again! Hope to see you in the Wolfpack and Advanced classes!

#15 babyduckproductions

babyduckproductions
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

When is the next class?

#16 Sadjev

Sadjev
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Absolutely fantastic roam! The two long engagements against Darkspawn. were some of the most fun I have ever had on a agony roam, returned to Berta with my guns burned out, my rocket ammo used up and my structure sitting at a healthy 33%when the FC (3d on field promotion in that engagement) decided it was time to disengage. Judging by the KB we must have spent over an hour fighting those guys. Props to Darkspawn. for bringing a well balanced fight, really hope they decide to turn up again the next time around. Big thanks to everyone who made this marathon roam happen!

#17 keacte

keacte

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Great job Class! :) Early Sunday morning for me with a hangover!! :) I really hoped you enjoyed the Tengu kill, and then the Onyx ping-ponging, and abaddon carnage in Jorund/Doril! :) See y'all next time! WELL DONE! :)

#18 deimos

deimos
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I very much enjoyed the class and the roam and I thought they were well aligned. My favorite part of the class were the quizzes on primary, ewar and engagement via the overviews as those first 10 seconds of an engagement decide so much of the end. Another nice feature was having DT as a mark for the end of the "official" class and roam with extra credit going to those who could stay. Because I had to alarm clock the class (USTZ) and had to leave shortly after DT I ended up feeling like I missed that "extra credit" but not the core of either the class or the roam. FC, GG, Skirmishers and all the Agony folks were helpful and patient so well done all around and looking forward to the next class.

#19 Guest_Haifisch Zahne_*

Guest_Haifisch Zahne_*

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

#20 Jatreyu

Jatreyu
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Awesome, awesome, awesome class. Most productive hours I've spent in EVE in a while. The practical on spiraling and related explanation on the fundamentals of speed taking was nothing short of fantastic. I cannot wait to continue to apply what we learned. Also kudos for the patient interaction and involvement with the students; it's hard to balance class engagement with the potential of slighting folks who may not know the answers, and you did that expertly. Given the comments above, more than a little sad that I had to bail for the post-DT portion of the roam. Next time!

#21 Vince

Vince
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I found the class interesting and the roam great fun - shame I missed that long engagement everyone is raving about, though. I'm already looking foward to the alumni roam and participation in further courses. One question: in Azual's "After Class" FAW I read that we should post lossmails as well, as the new board apparently can distinguish between lossmails and killmails. In any case, I tried to post mine the other day, but found I needed a password. Was that given out at some point?