Goodvibes

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Don't forget to wave on your way past :P

Posted Image

pEGjqYG.jpg

#2 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Those stats are terrible: I am of course referring to 0 kills 0 losses this week...

You really need to get out more :P

It's not whether you win or lose; its about having fun in the process.

EDIT: only 7:1 for me, but good enough for 6065ish.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

I do, can't let some scrub overtake me :D

pEGjqYG.jpg

#4 Granger

Granger

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

I wonder - who is top in Agony (/ex-Agony)? I know it's not me - I am FAR too reckless. Gizznit seems to have it by a mile! EDIT: Seems I am not listed as I am not in Agony <DUH OBVIOUS MOMENT>. If I were I would snatch 10th and 11th spots
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#5 Deran

Deran

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Caldak's at 391 and Sof 431 - much, much higher than me.

BASIC-20100220 WOLFPACKS-1203102200

Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful, paralyzing, poifect, pachydoimous, percussion pitch.

#6 Granger

Granger

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Caldak's at 391 and Sof 431 - much, much higher than me.

It is quite odd - although I am not surprised to find Gizz at the top, I wonder how they score it considering Gizznit has about a 6:1 ratio whereas Vitelius here has 17:1

Aaaah well just goes to further prove Rynnik's Theorum* that fun <> KM's

* = We should copyright that BTW**

** = and by we I mean me so I can make some money from CCP
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#7 Azual

Azual

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Needs more losses tbh! ;) Basically, the ranking is points killed minus points lost (rather than kills). Points are based on how difficult a kill should be - 10 HACs ganking a battlecruiser might get each pilot one point, whereas a ranis killing a megathron might get you a hundred. The scoring system generally favours people PVPing solo or in smaller gangs, and obviously the more challenging fights you win the more points you get. The same is true of losses - lose your ship to a huge gang and you only lose a point or two, lose it solo to something you should have been able to kill, and you lose far more. While I'm not a huge fan of killboard stats in general, the battleclinic scoring system is actually one of the better ways I've seen to do it. It encourages risk taking and dissuades ganks, since against a risky target you stand to gain much more than you'd lose. Oh also... We're coming for you outbreak! :P http://eve.battlecli...s.php?type=corp
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#8 ChildofDestruction

ChildofDestruction

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

I dont think I have a spot in top killer list but I am pretty sure that I am second or third on top loser ;) p.s. dont ask my success rate ever :D
Posted Image

#9 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Child, I'm not sure there's a points system for "batshit crazy" or "You did WHAT?", but if there was, you'd certainly be in the running for the top slot. :wub:

pEGjqYG.jpg

#10 ChildofDestruction

ChildofDestruction

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Child, I'm not sure there's a points system for "batshit crazy" or "You did WHAT?", but if there was, you'd certainly be in the running for the top slot. :wub:

I am bit bussy atm but wait for it ........ I will be back :D Soon, so leave me some FW to kill ;)
Posted Image

#11 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

:lol: Don't worry I'll probably be a fat carebear for at least another week. It's interesting we're right next to each other considering: 1) While I have 130 more kills than you, I also have nearly 300 losses 2) Your success ratio is 14:1, whereas mine is only 3:1 Also Alistone at this very moment you have 1337 kills :lol:
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#12 keacte

keacte

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Apparently i'm ranked 5059.. 2135 kills : 555 losses 4:1 success ratio Favourite ship is a taranis - thanks for the suggestion on that Azual a few months back - i love my tarraniiii! :) and my favourite prey is a capsule...!?! (i blame flying inties for that though...fast lock etc, ahem!)

#13 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Its all about solo kills on BC. Kill 10 inties solo and there's 250 points. Kill 10 inties in a gang of 10 and there's 25 points. I'm about 1000 places behind you guys but apart from Agony class roams I have done little to no serious PvP since 2010 so I've been on a slow decline in BC rankings. My ranking is almost entirely due to my (mainly solo) time in FW. I find BC more useful than eve-kill for informing me about a pilot's "skill".
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#14 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

We meet again :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Dybbuch

#15 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

You're both heading the wrong way though - stop sucking? :P
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#16 glepp

glepp

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

The wrong way being to actually open a battleclinic page, ofc.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#17 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Actually I find battleclinic very usefull. See someone in a rifter or other ship with multiple common fitting options, check the character up on battleclinic and look for that ship on losses, not 100% but pretty good chance that they have the same fit they lost most recently.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#18 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

It's all part of the new hipster fad to talk about how killmails are so 90's and pretend you don't read them.
Posted Image

- Dybbuch

#19 roigon

roigon

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Actually I find battleclinic very usefull. See someone in a rifter or other ship with multiple common fitting options, check the character up on battleclinic and look for that ship on losses, not 100% but pretty good chance that they have the same fit they lost most recently.

Wait 10 minutes for battleclinic to load, accidentally click on the full-page banner, fuck fuck, hit back, wait 10 minutes again, click a tab, fuck now i'm on the world of tanks side. try to get back to eve side, again accidentally click the full-page banner. Close browser.

#20 glepp

glepp

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

It's all part of the new hipster fad to talk about how killmails are so 90's and pretend you don't read them.

I thought it was more of a grumpy old man kind of thing tbh...

#21 Deran

Deran

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

No, we talk about real ale and whippets.

BASIC-20100220 WOLFPACKS-1203102200

Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful, paralyzing, poifect, pachydoimous, percussion pitch.

#22 glepp

glepp

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

No, we talk about real ale and whippets.

And beekeeping

#23 Dibbles

Dibbles

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

http://eve.battlecli....php?id=4999848 http://eve.battlecli....php?id=2579411 :D

#24 Granger

Granger

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

http://eve.battlecli....php?id=4999848

:D

Weasel, you warped out from the first engagement because you were losing IIRC, thus breaking the agreed rules of the 1v1 :P

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#25 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

http://eve.battlecli....php?id=4999848

:D

Weasel, you warped out from the first engagement because you were losing IIRC, thus breaking the agreed rules of the 1v1 :P

I'd like to clarify that, unless specifically agreed upon ahead of time, agony does not use "honor tackle" for 1v1s. You should always fit and use tackle (scram/point) if you expect the agony pilot to remain on grid if he/she is losing.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image