Photo

Welcome to FW....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

.....you may find it interesting. For those of you who have never fought seriously in low-sec - learn your timers. Good money these days though. Amusingly Placid is full of all the corps I remember being decent on the Amarr side and you've gone south. Best of luck to you all - I'm sure at least one of my alts will be floating about Kourm/Auga each day so I'll see you around. Seen some of you already - solo dessies cut the mustard in FW/lowsec 2 years ago lads'n'lasses, they don't now. Flybys with dessies still work fine. I'm sure you'll bring your own inimitable style to FW although I am suprised to see you all "limiting" yourselves to empire mechanics. Best of luck and have fun.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#2 glepp

glepp

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Bamarr Victor!

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#3 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

^^ What he said ;)
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#4 Crazy Vania

Crazy Vania

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Welcome to FW ! Agony brings the fights. I apologize for our local chat. When you're in minmatar space, it's idiot day, every day.
Posted Image

#5 Othran

Othran

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

It is still a nice solo frigate environment though. You have to work a bit harder than when I first started but its still fun. For those of you who haven't considered regional gate tacs I would recommend you make four point/scram tacs along the gate. No bubbles and a 50-60km gate..... Oh and if you have some T3 boosters then do bear in mind there are an awful lot of perfect probers in the Hed constellation - most with Virtues ;) I'm genuinely interested to see how you all get on (those of you I know). I can see a few of you hating Empire with a passion and a few having the best time ever in Eve.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#6 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

It is PvP If there is fun to be had within FW we will find it, if not at least now we can say we tried it ;)

#7 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Welcome to FW ! Agony brings the fights.

I apologize for our local chat. When you're in minmatar space, it's idiot day, every day.

Haha, nice try getting a point on me, but I knew you had plenty of backup. You just needed more fast locks. Maybe next time!
Posted Image

#8 Azual

Azual

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

solo dessies cut the mustard in FW/lowsec 2 years ago lads'n'lasses, they don't now. Flybys with dessies still work fine.

Lies, solo coercer is still awesome! :P
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#9 Othran

Othran

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

solo dessies cut the mustard in FW/lowsec 2 years ago lads'n'lasses, they don't now. Flybys with dessies still work fine.

Lies, solo coercer is still awesome! :P

Don't believe the pirate :P

Having fun in your new home Azual?
Today's word is :

#10 Crazy Vania

Crazy Vania

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Haha, nice try getting a point on me, but I knew you had plenty of backup. You just needed more fast locks. Maybe next time!

It is difficult to catch a Jaguar anywhere. But I'll get you, eventually :) Just as these agony 4800m/s rifters will get me, too, eventually (i.e. very shortly).

Anyways: the current landscape of FW is as follows: Nulli has thrown waves of hundreds of pilots plexing for the amarr side for the last month or so. Because they provided easy targets, and very rarely had any competency at all, the minmatar have had an absolute field day.

Nulli left with their trillions of isks from plexing. The minmatar doesn't realize how terrible that is and think they won, so they have high morale ground or whatever and have enormous fleets blobbing the shit out of everything.

Some drama in the amarr side has made several active corps leave, and now the entire amarr faction is basically some french corp, some other corp, and agony. Until this is fixed by either another null sec giant joining amarr, or the minmatar dissolving to infighting and lack of kills, agony will have a really hard time not getting blobbed all the time because the minmatar simply does not have anything else to do. (you should change staging system btw, but I think you guys are already working on that).

Even though most of the FW people do not understand what in Eve pvp produces fun ( people to fight against ), I currently fly with a core group of people who are very, very happy to see agony add their level of competence and their pilots to the opposite team.
Posted Image

#11 Othran

Othran

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

To add to what Vania said - most of the real Amarr corps that have been there for years seem to be up North in Caldari militia. Ironically there's a load of them right next-door to Stacmon :) You may want to talk to them and get them back down. Or not. Your choice. I'd recommend you have a chat as it'd make things more fun in Minnie FW. Last thing to think about is the TZs. Aussie TZ used to be/still is utterly dire in Heim/Met/Dev/Bleak - as is early Euro time. Used to be pretty much station fights in Auga, which were quite fun in their way. If you're in US TZ then you probably don't have issues other than blobs.
Today's word is :

#12 Azual

Azual

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yes I am actually! :D

I'm now negative sec status for the first time ever, and falling fast. Doing logi for flashies is weird (every time I rep a corpmate I get GCC, even if they don't have GCC themselves) and there's definitely a learning curve to PVPing in (non-FW) lowsec. Tuskers are real pros though, and that's saying something considering I'm used to flying with Agony.
Posted Image

#13 xikorita

xikorita

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

http://themittani.co...ns-amarr-empire

#14 Azual

Azual

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Written by none other than the honourable Kaeda Maxwell!

Also here's the EN24 version: http://www.evenews24...ture-of-kamela/

That one is more about you guys being locked out, and seems to suggest you've been there for 'weeks'! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#15 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

I also like how our capital fleet is now locked away in a station we can't access.

#16 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

I also like how our capital fleet is now locked away in a station we can't access.

I'd been wondering where we'd left that capital fleet.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#17 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Why am I always the last to find out we've been NEUTRALIZED?

#18 Crazy Vania

Crazy Vania

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hey the amarr locked my Ares in a station a few days ago, and I had to do all the work of contracting it to my alt, and then back to me in another station. It totally locked me down for like 2 minutes or so.
Posted Image

#19 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

I am informed by Miura that Kaeda is AWOL playing "some Skyrim expansion crap" :D
Today's word is :

#20 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yes I am actually! :D

I'm now negative sec status for the first time ever, and falling fast. Doing logi for flashies is weird (every time I rep a corpmate I get GCC, even if they don't have GCC themselves) and there's definitely a learning curve to PVPing in (non-FW) lowsec. Tuskers are real pros though, and that's saying something considering I'm used to flying with Agony.

I like the Tuskers, always have.

A bit of advice for (eventually) grinding that sec status back up - Hound + one BS/system (15 minute timer) in Great Wildlands is the fastest/least annoying method I found. There's only two Angel frigates that scram and most of GW is deserted anyway. The pipe up from N-DQ to C-4 is nice for that. GW has to be good for something right? :)
Today's word is :

#21 Kaeda Maxwell

Kaeda Maxwell

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

I am informed by Miura that Kaeda is AWOL playing "some Skyrim expansion crap" :D

Lies & Propaganda! I'm never really away from EVE, sometimes I just don't log in :P

That said if agnoy produces any news worthy events while in lowsec I'd love to hear about them. For obvious reasons! :)

BASIC-20101226 (Kohana Maxwell)
WOLFPACKS-20101228 (Kohana Maxwell)
I R HAZ BLOG; http://kaedamaxwell.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

#22 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Better off with a dragon on your pink malediction sig from what I hear :P
Today's word is :

#23 Kaeda Maxwell

Kaeda Maxwell

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Better off with a dragon on your pink malediction sig from what I hear :P

Posted Image

BASIC-20101226 (Kohana Maxwell)
WOLFPACKS-20101228 (Kohana Maxwell)
I R HAZ BLOG; http://kaedamaxwell.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

#24 Carver

Carver

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Personally, I've been waiting three days for this bubble to launch... DAMN it takes forever to anchor here.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#25 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

LOL Kaeda that's great :D
Today's word is :