Photo

[Devblog] Self destruct changes finally coming.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Tea

Tea

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Proper post time, or "Why is Tea talking about a mechanic he never uses anyway"

I was disappointed that not only did CCP reject the original change proposed to them, but they have reworked a mechanic into something that is is now fairly pointless in combat.

If you look at the previous uses of the SD mechanic
  • Pod jumping
  • Insurance fraud
  • Killmail denying
  • Loot denying
Pod jumping is clearly a useful side effect of SD, but would it have made more sense to replace it with a terminate pod option which only applies to pods (with either no timer or a much shorter timer).

Killmail denying was always something that never sat right with me, but during CSM4 discussions I was keen not to support a "have your cake and eat it" change which is why the loot dropping as well was something I felt made the change too strong.

Insurance fraud is something I forgot about originally, though I don't know if this is as common now they changed the insurance payouts. Also the last time I saw people intentionally destroying ships for salvage they were smartbombing them as it was faster. Still a potential usage though.

If the intention was to stop people SDing in combat then there were other suggestions about that too.

I don't care a huge amount, but it does once again show how changes tend to flip flop from one side to the other rather than aim for a balance (see the war ally changes ;)). I guess that is the nature of the beast.

#27 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

From my perspective, I couldn't give a fuck if the decision went against those who would self destruct in combat. Whether the mechanic is now useless or not :P
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#28 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

susandress.journalspace.com
susanbridal.podbean.com/

Nothing is more important than finding a chic wedding dress after you nodded to the man's proposal. All girls deserve glamorous appearances on their big days. Memories left on that solemn date will usually be treasured throughout the life. To show your best to your Mr Right while marching down the aisle and make an ideal beginning for your life after tying the knot, a pretty wedding gown is absolutely a must-have item. Then, have you already gotten an idea on which bridal dress to be bought?

Is this a Susan Black AWOX ?????