Photo

Alliance Tournament X

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#101 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Guys I don't care what happened I was proud to be AGONY for that match. Phenomenal job, felt it could have gone either way! To have it not be a total rout after all the "experts" wrote you off, that's fucking incredible. To have it be so close is a testament to your creativity and piloting skills.

#102 Ging

Ging

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

awsome job guys, memorable fight in AT > getting to semi's. ferox = weak link?

Posted Image

#103 Virto Nex

Virto Nex

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Seriously great job guys! Shame it didn't work out in the end, but it'll be the most talked about setup and match of the tournament.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way." - John Paul Jones

"They see me Trollin', They hatin', Pa-trollin' And tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty."

My Blog: Cannon Fodder

BASIC-20120427 ADVANCED-20120418

I like my ribbons!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#104 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

awsome job guys, memorable fight in AT > getting to semi's.

ferox = weak link?

And damn the tengu and its low number of max locked target, my Ferox was the one ship not prelocked and hit structure just as he got lock.

#105 Ging

Ging

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

would have been better not brining it, mind u it was loon doing the repping so we know it was his fault - btw i called the tengu logi about 30 secs into the fight - interrstingly i wonder if the commentators handnt called it if they would have realised. Also hindsight being the wonderfull thing it is, why not drop the sentries for lights and ace the frigs?

Posted Image

#106 Magnus Ambers

Magnus Ambers

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

we did, my flight of warriors was smartbombed almost instantly
As always I am not responsible for the spelling, grammer, or kontent of my posstes.

#107 Loash

Loash

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Amazing job guys, was on TS and I've never heard such a cheer over a frigate death before, that was a fantastic match :D The 'wtf!' followed by the 'hang on a minute...' and then the mounting excitement from the commentators was priceless to see.
"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's the only mantra I know, the only doctrine I have to offer you, and it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, don't buy into centuries-old dogma and dead rhetoric. Don't give in to your conditioning or your visions or your fucked-up sense of... whatever. FACE THE FACTS. THEN act."
Quellcrist Falconer

#108 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Was a great match to watch, Agony comms were hilarious ("The Incurses .... the Incurses ... GET IT!!!111 ..... oohhhhh .... oh wait another Incursus .... oh neuts on Griffin, get that fucker ..... INCURSUS DOWN!!!!! YEAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"), end result made me sad, but I'm very proud of Agony theory crafters and pilots to come up with and play this setup so well and get so close to a win.
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#109 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

It was good fight to watch. Never heard so much joy over dead t1 frig :)
First: Victory is Life!

#110 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Great fight to watch - proud to be Agony and can only aspire to the level of our tourney team.

would have been better not brining it,

Ferox was totally required, wasn't just a "oh we have some spare points". The entire setup doesn't work without it just like every other ship that was there.

#111 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

awsome job guys, memorable fight in AT > getting to semi's.

ferox = weak link?

5x max locked targets on logi tengu = weak link.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#112 Granger

Granger

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Ferox was totally required, wasn't just a "oh we have some spare points". The entire setup doesn't work without it just like every other ship that was there.

Aaah I think I understand now - the Ferox was gang link fitted and went down first I presume - thus weakening tanks sufficiently to allow more kills? I only ask as the KM seems not to be posted ;)

(As for me being online for support, indeed my prediction was correct RE: timing, I was serving the food just as the match started)
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#113 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, links on the Ferox plus drone-clearing smartbombs plus a non-trivial part of the cap chain spider.

tbh it didn't matter which ship of ours went down, our setup pretty much relied on us tanking them all and getting at least one kill. Our deeps did their job but unfortunately the logi (pilot) only held up under their pressure for nine of the ten minutes... :(
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#114 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Aaah I think I understand now - the Ferox was gang link fitted and went down first I presume - thus weakening tanks sufficiently to allow more kills? I only ask as the KM seems not to be posted ;)

(As for me being online for support, indeed my prediction was correct RE: timing, I was serving the food just as the match started)

Yes, I think it took them 4-5 minutes to realize that the basilisk wasn't the repping ship. The tengu held on for a long time. They swapped to the ferox and managed to burn through it, the tengu sans the ferox links wasn't quite able to tank.

#115 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

dior! Great job guys! It was close, too bad we couldn't get reps on the ferox in time. If the tengu had 6 max target locks, you would have won with the 4 points!
Posted Image

#116 Copter_Pilot

Copter_Pilot

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

"Unbreakable 2 ?" awesome job guys ! I was on a plane headed home from 3 weeks of vacation during the match. Connecting flight in Chicago, I'm thinking "Match starting soon, let me off this fucking plane, and for the love of God, let my next gate be very close" NOT, damn Chicago airport is HUGE. I knocked over a few old ladies trekking the 3 miles to my next gate, no seats anywhere in sight. Fuck it, laptop out and on top a trash can. Connecting........annoucement comes thru on speakers, flight to Los Angeles overbooked, we are taking volunteers (compensated by $200 and a free ticket)....I close laptop and go to gate agent, 5th in que. My turn, i volunteer, shit, no more volunteers needed, plane boarding....long story short, i miss the match, miss out on uber cash and free ticket, am sweating my ass off for the next hour sitting next to 2 fat guys on plane and no elbow room at all. I bet for sure, without the commentators revealing the tengu as the repper, the opposing team would have not figured it out and that would have been a 4-0 victory. Either way, mad props to execution and creativty. Agony never disappoints. o/ fly dangerous. Copter
Posted Image

[link=http://www.eveavatars.com/?referral=Agony]Click to get your own animated avatar[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9181]BASIC-0120061900[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?61845]WOLFPACKS-020220081900 [/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?80228]BOMBERS-072620081600[/link]

#117 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

I bet for sure, without the commentators revealing the tengu as the repper, the opposing team would have not figured it out and that would have been a 4-0 victory.

Na, if you watch the video Exodus frapsed you'll see that eventually one of them noticed and figured it out but that didn't matter. They couldn't break any ships until at the last minute they tried the ferox which happened to be the only ship that wasn't locked.
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#118 Silivay

Silivay

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Exciting match, great job! I love seeing the commentators eat their words, they were really annoying. I read that damage from the Agony fleet was being mitigated by tracking disruptors on the Bhaalgorn?
“Moros' are like dinosaur, you have to hold really still.” ― Deran Francks
BASIC-20101226 * WOLFPACKS-20101228 * FLYBYS-20110212 * COVOPS-20110219 * ADVANCED-20111216

#119 Kaiman

Kaiman

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Just watched the video. What an awesome fight. Sad outcome but for sure the coolest setup evar :D Kudos to the setup wizards. And yeah these commentators got what they deserved :)

#120 Granger

Granger

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Na, if you watch the video Exodus frapsed

Gief link?

EDIT: Thanks Silas - that was indeed an interesting watch. Between that, and the commentators more or less eating their hats, it certainly was a memorable fight!

<goes to start thread in suggestions - "T3's should have 6 or 7 locked targets, not just 5">
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#121 Silas

Silas

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Gief link?

Marauder view of the last 6 minutes: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnolIOjE5Os
Command ship view of the whole fight: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e8D7oTL-68

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#122 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Gief link?

EDIT: Thanks Silas - that was indeed an interesting watch. Between that, and the commentators more or less eating their hats, it certainly was a memorable fight!

<goes to start thread in suggestions - "T3's should have 6 or 7 locked targets, not just 5">

someone on fhc suggested dropping the medium rr for an auto targeter, not sure whether the loss in repping power would be offset by the option to lock more targets.

still, loved the fight and that you brought the turtle setup again o/

#123 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Great setup. Heartbreaking loss. Next time.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#124 Carver

Carver

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Actually not so heartbreaking, if only because it was a fun go and we came damned close. I was very confident we would pass the round with ease - which goes to show what good opponents can teach you.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#125 Othran

Othran

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Just watched the knockout videos today - I got so pissed off with last year's final I decided not to bother watching or betting this year. As always you get people thinking. I have to confess I didn't see the real repper until about 3 minutes into the fight but I claim incompetence and a lack of video for that. Not sure what the commentator/opposing FCs excuse was. If I'm being honest you should have done better guys and gals. You got yourself into the right side of the draw and you should have been looking at semi-finals from your half of the draw. Lovely to see some names who were on Agony PvP basic classes less than a year ago getting a chance to play. 7/10 - should do better, makes people think. Hope you enjoyed it.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.