Photo

Alliance Tournament X

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 Nareg Maxence

Nareg Maxence

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

I see you bought your way in. Glhf. Will be rooting for you as always.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?30756]BASIC-0707071707 [/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33250]WOLFPACKS-1908071800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED-050320081900[/link]

#2 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Thank you.

#3 Othran

Othran

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

20bill in PLEX to enter, never mind ships & mods? I hope you enjoy yourselves for that price :blink:
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#4 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

And we were one of the cheaper entries!

#5 Othran

Othran

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

And we were one of the cheaper entries!

I know. Its just astounding to me how much isk is floating about in Eve these days.

Commentary (kil2) ought to be "interesting" given recent events :D
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#6 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Good luck guys, I'll deff be rooting for ya. I hope you have as much fun as I did when I had a chance to play in AT for Agony. :)
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#7 Azual

Azual

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Great to see Agony got a spot, make me proud boys!
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#8 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

"Bought" sounds so commercial... I prefer to think of it as looted a slot in auction combat :P

#9 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Good luck... do it right or don't do it at all!
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#10 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

good luck guys!!

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#11 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

From http://community.eve...log&nbid=72859:

Qualifying round 1 - Day 1 - 30th June (All times in UTC)
15:00 Agony Empire vs. Exiled Ones

First match, first day, exciting stuff!
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#12 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

From http://community.eve...log&nbid=72859:

Qualifying round 1 - Day 1 - 30th June (All times in UTC)
15:00 Agony Empire vs. Exiled Ones

First match, first day, exciting stuff!

Indeed. Give us a good show to kick off the AT, guys. :)

Will be root'n for ya
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#13 Tea

Tea

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

Good luck for AT X :) As an aside, I watched the AT6 repeat stream tonight (sadly missed the two matches I flew in but I have them saved somewhere anyway ;)) Next weekend they are repeating AT7 so you can revel in the terrible audio issues and my failcommentary again ;) http://www.own3d.tv/CCPGames

#14 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

I also watched some of the matches from AT6 on the stream... in many ways I think that was the best tourney... it certainly hooked me on EVE. As for the commentary for AT7, I thought that Tea's was as far from fail commentary as it gets. Missed you for later tournaments.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#15 Tea

Tea

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:40 AM

I also watched some of the matches from AT6 on the stream... in many ways I think that was the best tourney... it certainly hooked me on EVE.

As for the commentary for AT7, I thought that Tea's was as far from fail commentary as it gets. Missed you for later tournaments.

It's one of those cases where with a bit of a practice run CCP could have helped the commentators a great deal, such as highlighting how often we started a sentences with "Yeah" ;)

It's well known that AT7 didn't go as well for Agony which I still think was you lot trolling me for the live weekend :P Certainly the guys at CCP had fun reminding me ;)

It was a bit of a mixed bag for the commentators too due to the recent CMS3 fiasco with Lark. CCP basically were in lockdown and we weren't given the type of welcome and that previous tournie commentators enjoyed (we spent most of our time in the main CCP building confined to one room under CCP supervision).

As to the later tournies, I got passed over for commentating on AT8, though I did fly in one match and was on site during the finals weekend (watch for Verone with the agony beanie) thanks to an invite from CCP Claw. I never really pushed to get into the studio though afterwards they were all "Oh we should have got you in for the end" :P

I went out drinking with Kil2 and Verone at different times after AT8 before the CSM5 summit started and both said that they would have liked me back (but that might have been drunk talking plus one of the commentators was a nightmare and nearly got removed, but I won't say who ;))

I did apply for AT9 based on that positivity, but I think CCP considered me a bad risk at that point (Or the remaining Eve TV team don't like me :P). With that door closed and the CSM5 term ending plus all the fail I'd seen building up at CCP it was time for me to move on.

So much has changed since I left so even if I was back in game I doubt I'd be in a position to apply again, a bit sad personally as I enjoyed it a great deal but I guess my 15 mins (well 18 months ;)) of e-fame is over.

#16 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

Ohhh, was it the butthurt GSF guy? You could sense the tension. Shadoo on the other hand made a hilarious troll.
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#17 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

So much has changed since I left so even if I was back in game I doubt I'd be in a position to apply again, a bit sad personally as I enjoyed it a great deal but I guess my 15 mins (well 18 months ;)) of e-fame is over.

Screw the politics of the CSM and the tourney... take advantage of a returning player offer and come back to fly with us. Agony has somehow, despite all the changes around it, remained the same great place to be...
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#18 Azual

Azual

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Well as it happens, Agony currently has an opening for an e-celebrity! ;)
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#19 Tea

Tea

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I will have to look at the returning offer then. I have been mildly tempted by the tier 3 BCs - assuming skillpoint changes haven't screwed me over ;) The annoying thing (from my point of view) is that due to no pause on the account subscription time I basically watched 12 months of gametime go up in smoke when I wasn't interested to play anymore ;) (Edit: One of my accounts containing a lesser known Tea and my ebil piwate got a 15 day free time offer so I guess I'll sneak in and check out the place ;))

#20 glepp

glepp

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Well Tea, if you do come back, make sure to get a couple of Deimoses as well. They are now made of pure win.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#21 Tank Charlie

Tank Charlie

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

I see I'm late to this post, but congrats to all my Agony friends for the spot in the tournament! No doubt lots of testing and theory crafting going on in anticipation. :)

#22 Tea

Tea

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Well Tea, if you do come back, make sure to get a couple of Deimoses as well. They are now made of pure win.

My alt account currently on a 15 day free offer can fly them ;)

#23 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Drop an app in.

#24 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Looking forward to watching ya'll this year :D

#25 Kaiman

Kaiman

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Best of luck to you guys. Go and kick some serious ass...Agony-style B)