Photo

CCP Banned Mittani for 30 days, and is removed from CSM 7

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

http://community.eve...blog&nbid=28576

While I have no love for the goons, I do think Mittani has done more good for this game than bad, especially as CSM6 Chairman. I don't mind the ban, as it sends a good message that people need to keep within certain limits on the public forums, but I really don't think he should be removed from CSM 7....
BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#2 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

Unfortunately for Mittens when he opened his mouth in a public forum it ceased being about his contributions to the game or his performance as chairman. Once the press publicises something like that it becomes bigger than Eve. CCP didn't really have a choice on this one.
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#3 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, there really were no other options. He is lucky it wasn't a permaban. Probably only his willingness to fall on his sword saved him, and perhaps his corp's way of life, from being taken out by CCP/Sony.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#4 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I don't agree with the ban in principle, but when has CCP ever acted in a principled way? (Certainly not when they gave me a 6-month forum ban for something I posted on twitter. Big Brother anyone? Since when can CCP regulate your behavior anywhere on the Interwebz?)

3/30 Edit: I learned a few hours ago that CCP's justification for the ban was a post I made 4+ days before the ban. Not sure if that's true or not but I can't prove otherwise. Just wanted the record clear on that, not that anybody cares.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#5 t011phr33

t011phr33

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

for more lulz, last nights state of the goonion http://soundcloud.co...e-goonion-march
“I’m going to find it and I’m going to destroy it. Im not sure how, possibly with dynamite.” – Steve Zissou

#6 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

If you're going to let people who are hammered onto a stage to say whatever they want and THEN you're going to put it on youtube regardless of what the hammered guy says....

....well it has a sort of inevitability about it. Sooner or later something like this is bound to happen.

Lack of judgement from both Mittens and CCP, but CCP at least should have reviewed the video in the cold light of day before putting it online.

Storm in a teacup really - if someone other than a goon had said it then there wouldn't have been half the drama which ensued.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#7 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Storm in a teacup really - if someone other than a goon had said it then there wouldn't have been half the drama which ensued.

But this is the exact reason of this having any significance in the first place. Goons are a huge part of eve like it or not. And their doings have huge impact on the community. if this was just some guy, it wouldn't be any less wrong or illegal. But Goons play their game loud and noisy. and they want all the attention they can get with their bullying style of play.

This is also the reason why this is intereseting at all. Eve is unique and our videogaming generation is also unique, because we are doing stuff that one in the memory of man has ever done before. We are playing a game(s) where it is difficult to draw the line where reality ends and game play starts. So the whole situation is totally in uncharted waters. How do we percieve the relations between virtual and real. What are the consequences of action in either of them, what are the things that are right in the other and wrong in the other and so forth..

ofc this is just douchebaggery in a form or another, but still it's douchebaggery no one has seen before! :D

I love you guys! <3

#8 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Its just forum drama and that's always there, just in varying levels of hysteria. I was just stunned that CCP put an unedited video online even after the forum drama started - maybe someone at CCP getting a bit of "payback" for something Mittens did on CSM? The guy affected seems to have come out of it a lot richer and 30 days isn't an unreasonable ban. Give it a week or so and it'll blow over - seems to be mainly confined to goons/anti-goons now. I chose not to vote for CSM this year so it makes no odds to me one way or another.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#9 Silas

Silas

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

I was just stunned that CCP put an unedited video online even after the forum drama started - maybe someone at CCP getting a bit of "payback" for something Mittens did on CSM?

They never edited any of the Fanfest videos afaik. That kind of defeats the point of the videos, which is to show those not there what Fanfest is like. I am all for not editing the videos. And honestly I don't see this reflecting on CCP in any way... This guy does not work for CCP, he is a player. Sure he's a CSM member, but who cares. But as always, people are retarded and overly sensitive about things...

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#10 Vora

Vora

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

I chose not to vote for CSM this year so it makes no odds to me one way or another.

That's the problem right there. I think for CSM8 a lot more will do that.
Since the CSM is muzzled by NDA they needed a glitter person all players are talking about to get noticed. Love him or hate him he made the news. That's gone now.

#11 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

I only voted for him last year as I was vaguely aware of the incoming disaster called Incarna. I figured CCP needed a kick up the backside and he'd do it. Admittedly he didn't initially "get" how bad it was but when he realised then he did OK. This year I looked at the candidates and it was a combination of "same old faces" and some new stupidity (hello Hans) so I didn't bother. I don't play Eve enough these days to keep up on what CCP are planning.
Today's word is :

#12 Tea

Tea

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I seem to recall a certain goon presentation at fanfest 2009 which CCP decided not to put on youtube (though it is now uploaded by others). Of course that goon is now head of security at CCP. CCP suddenly deciding that the alliance panel needs to be moderated is only 2 years too late As to the current situation, CCP should give the 30 day ban and take the credit for that. They should have also accepted his resignation as chair but not made it sound like it was their doing. He should be allowed to take up a position on CSM7 even if only as an alternate. Any talk of the 30 day ban stopping him being able to take part in CSM7 is bullshit based on previous history of banned CSM members using alts to do their CSM duties and the fact that even less is done in game now with the skype channel they setup.

#13 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Well I have heard tell of a certain CSM member who got banned for RMT and continued as a CSM member. However what I "know" is second-hand knowledge and may well be nonsense. I think Mittens did OK on CSM6, he got drunk and came out with crap at Fanfest. It happens. Still don't see why CCP didn't edit the video - and "its what Fanfest is like" is no excuse for promulgating what they now say is a EULA violation to a much wider audience. Live streaming is one thing, uploading it to youtube is another and no amount of spin changes that. Its still a storm in a teacup.
Today's word is :

#14 Silas

Silas

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

I think Mittens did OK on CSM6, he got drunk and came out with crap at Fanfest. It happens. Still don't see why CCP didn't edit the video - and "its what Fanfest is like" is no excuse for promulgating what they now say is a EULA violation to a much wider audience. Live streaming is one thing, uploading it to youtube is another and no amount of spin changes that.

Agree to disagree then. I am not in favor of cencorship.

There are tons of cameras in the audience, it would likely have ended up on youtube anyway.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#15 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

heh, while I don't care what you do in game, I wouldn't consider fanfeast in game. I've never been to one and never plan too, so I can't say exactly what they are like. That is where I feel the line is drawn and even if it was a joke, he crossed that line as many people have before him. My favorite, if you're a golf fan, was Fuzzy Zoeller's joke about fried chicken and Tiger Woods. It was funny, but bad timing as it wasn't the right thing to say with the camera on. If it was just him, woods, and even some other golfers, they laugh about it, but you through the public into the mix and they have a field day with it. In my view, Mitt whatever just got a fairly cheap life lesson. I agree with the CSM removal, but the game ban they could have left at 0. Still, at only 30 days, it's really not that bad. Maybe he can enjoy the outdoors. And drunk or not, that's a decision he made before hand as you know you'll be talking later with the footage rolling.
Posted Image

#16 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Agree to disagree then. I am not in favor of cencorship.

There are tons of cameras in the audience, it would likely have ended up on youtube anyway.

Oh we're not going to have an argument about it Silas :) Mittens isn't worth that - nor frankly are CCP.
Today's word is :

#17 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

... uploading it to youtube is another and no amount of spin changes that ...

CCP has not uploaded to youtube. The video you see on youtube was uploaded by someone who recorded the live stream I believe.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#18 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

... uploading it to youtube is another and no amount of spin changes that ...

CCP has not uploaded to youtube. The video you see on youtube was uploaded by someone who recorded the live stream I believe.

I followed a link on CCPs twitter feed, from CCP. I assumed they uploaded it.
Today's word is :

#19 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

well he really should have thought about what he was going to say before he opened that very large gob of his. GJ CCP

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#20 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

Mittens has always had an issue keeping his mouth shut, so it's not like anyone should be shocked.
Posted Image