Your cock has been blocked - AGONY

BASIC - 0606091800
WOLFPACKS-200906271800

#28 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Drama. Wonderful. :rolleyes:
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#29 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

HOW DARE YOU!!!
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#30 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

HOW DARE YOU!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#31 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Dear lord the drama .... :rolleyes: On topic though, I would not be surprised if Agony has had a good number of CCP employees as students. It's nice to see the shout out as acknowledgement of their good work (left Agony half a year ago, still temped to say "our"). Edit: o/ Sev :) life's good here, hope the same for you!
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#32 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Dear lord the drama .... :rolleyes:

On topic though, I would not be surprised if Agony has had a good number of CCP employees as students. It's nice to see the shout out as acknowledgement of their good work (left Agony half a year ago, still temped to say "our").

I left EVE half a year ago and I'm still tempted to post here =x

How are you doing, dutch? Hope life is treating you well. :)
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#33 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

I would not be surprised if Agony has had a good number of CCP employees as students.

This - whilst it would be cool and all to read more into it, we've had a hell of a lot of people through our classes over the years, so I'd be surprised if we hadn't had devs attend.

It was still awesome to receive the shout out and see our logo alongside Eve Uni's on the big screen though! :)
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#34 Nareg Maxence

Nareg Maxence

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Gratz on the shoutout. Good to know the guy at the top has some idea how this game works.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?30756]BASIC-0707071707 [/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33250]WOLFPACKS-1908071800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED-050320081900[/link]

#35 Dibbles

Dibbles

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Whoever it is, can I please have a Sabre BPO

#36 Sancho

Sancho

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I am CCP's complete lack of interest
Fight them, sure.
Fight to win, always.
Just don't be dicks about it, as usual.

glepp

#37 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Some say he's a member of Agony.

Others say he once took PVP-BASIC

All we know is

Spoiler

Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#38 Othran

Othran

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

/me awaits the inevitable takedown notice from Jeremy Clarkson for infringing his IP, which surely has to be an oxymoron with Clarkson :rolleyes: Nice piccie though Sever, made me grin. "HOW DARE YOU!!!" - hi Bamar, you enjoying the drama too? Are there any devs left who were there at the start of Eve? If not then they have to learn the basics somewhere ;)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

Clearly I am CCP Unifex because 1) I am british and 2) I don't play eve (thus being a perfect CCP Staff member ;))

#40 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

Clearly I am CCP Unifex because I always forget how game mechanics work.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#41 glepp

glepp

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

Clearly I am CCP Unifex because 1) I am british and 2) I don't play eve (thus being a perfect CCP Staff member ;))

Tea LIVES! OMG!

BTW, seems you guys were pretty accurate in your assesment of CCP back when you left. Thanks for the effort!

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#42 Tea

Tea

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Tea LIVES! OMG!

BTW, seems you guys were pretty accurate in your assesment of CCP back when you left. Thanks for the effort!

Derailing a thread, on a forum, well it would be rude not to ;)

As an outsider not only was it clear to see problems brewing at CCP, but members of staff also spoke to the CSM about their concerns (feeling we were in a better position to alert management than they were). There was fear for their jobs if certain things continued, but I don't think anyone was quite expecting it to get that bad. I certainly took no pleasure in seeing what the outcome was.

It was more of a corporate mindset problem, not specifically down to Eve or the players being unhappy. CCP made wild predictions that Incarna would gain massive interest from non-eve players and cause a large jump in subs. They kept telling themselves this would happen to the point where it HAD to happen. It didn't.

Eve is a complex game (news at 11). There is no one single vision from CCP or anyone else that can cover it (beyond a vague “spacelife” simulator concept), and there shouldn't be! That is like saying there is one true path to life, love and happiness. This is where CCP fell down as far as the game was concerned, they wanted to shoehorn each new "Jesus feature" into every aspect of Eve instead of just putting it in as new (and largely optional!) content for players to work into their own visions.

(Aside, You see this scope creep mentality in many different companies too, it's not a CCP exclusive. Somebody will find a fix to a problem and will be so excited they will see it as also the fix to semi related and then unrelated things).

Allowing players to make their own stories with the tools CCP provide is the key. With Unifex at the helm and CCP's focus back on the core game (plus less dicking around on the next big awesome thing) I'm confident everyone wins.

#43 glepp

glepp

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

So are you coming back?

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#44 Tea

Tea

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

So are you coming back?

Never say never ;)

Got quite a lot on these days so it would be dependant on finding the time.

#45 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

So are you coming back?

Never say never ;)

Got quite a lot on these days so it would be dependant on finding the time.

Someone give this man a GTC :P
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#46 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

If it made that "legend" come back for sure, I'd totally throw a PLEX his way, be assured ;)

#47 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

With Unifex at the helm and CCP's focus back on the core game (plus less dicking around on the next big awesome thing) I'm confident everyone wins.

Huh.... Today I learned CCP Unifex is the Senior Producer.
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#48 Tea

Tea

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Huh.... Today I learned CCP Unifex is the Senior Producer.

I should have said "at the helm of eve"

#49 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

I am Brian! And so is my wife!
First: Victory is Life!

#50 Major Floor

Major Floor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
Posted Image
BASIC - WOLFPACKS - STEALTH BOMBERS - FLYBYS

Fly it like you stole it