Photo

Annual check up...er...check in!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Spinward

Spinward

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi guys, How are the Internet spaceships these days? Life is good here. Family is great. Work is good. Playing TOR when I have time. I just deleted 2400 PMs so there was room in the old inbox. So many names and memories came flooding back. Good times.
Posted Image

#2 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hey Spin, it's always good to hear from you, glad things are going well. :) We're still enjoying our internet spaceships, everything's much more positive since CCP's wakeup call last year so things are lookup up. Not tempted to revisit Eve at all?
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#3 Granger

Granger

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

o/ Spin

Good to hear from you. How is Griffin doing?

EVE is good these days, some recent buffs to graphics and all ships French have led to a few GF's in and around Syndicate - with FRAPS in a couple of cases

Anyways - hope you pop in sometime, otherwise - take it easy mate :)
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#4 keacte

keacte

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Hey Spin! Glad you're good! 07

#5 Altaieere

Altaieere

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

spin :D
Posted Image

The perfect fight is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life

#6 Silas

Silas

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

o Spin

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#7 ChromoZ

ChromoZ

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hi guys!

Hope all is well with you all.

Just as Spin, I'm doing a check. So, the game has picked up after the CCP debacle? Maybe time for a new test period of the game... :-)

Even if there is benefits with not having the game dragging you in every night there is a part of me that misses the spacedrama.

Fly [insert word of choise] guys!
./ChromoZ
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?159155.0]BASIC-20091104[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183633]WOLFPACKS- 1203102200[/link]

#8 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi Spin I am playing ToR also on the euro servers. Missing Agony but not the game.
Kerzack: Wish he wasn't a special olympic's kinda pilot but a kill is a kill!!!!!!

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

#9 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hey madorris, I remember you. You used to be my mentor if I'm not mistaken!

#10 Altaieere

Altaieere

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

u sir have not checked up on le tweed
Posted Image

The perfect fight is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life

#11 glepp

glepp

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

u sir have not checked up on le tweed

Confirming that Tweed is what to wear!

It's haute couture for those who dare!

It's camoflage - and stylish too!

Yes Tweedfleets look the best, it's true!

Posted Image

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#12 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Die-most... not just for those who l0ve bl9asters anymore... (haven't been playing either... only so many hours in the day - although after a year of AFK they still haven't pushed me off the top 20 list on the kill board. Pussies! Fight Fight) Fight!
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#13 Spinward

Spinward

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

I do miss you guys. The tweed looks sweet . . .but it's sad to see such a wreckage of canes! I do miss Eve sometimes but I still don't have enough hours to play. Griffin is two now. Time flies. Kill something for me boys. Spin
Posted Image

#14 Temprial

Temprial

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Good to see you around Spin.
Its a pity you dont have time to come play, hopefully sometime in the future you will drop in and see us.

EvE looks soo good nowadays:
(shameless plug inbound)

#15 ChromoZ

ChromoZ

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Temp, that video looks amazing
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?159155.0]BASIC-20091104[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183633]WOLFPACKS- 1203102200[/link]

#16 Leonidas Tokugawa

Leonidas Tokugawa

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

:lol:

"Annual check up...er...check in!"

Hello! :)
BASIC-20110902 | KISS CLUB | ROOKIESHIPSWARM-20120401
WOLFPACKS-20110917 | ADVANCED-20111216 | FLYBYS-20120324

Agony Lectures
Basic Fleet Command Seminar | Bubbles in 0.0 | Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP | Small Ship PvP | Soloing for Success

Posted Image

#17 rells

rells

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hey Spin, it's always good to hear from you, glad things are going well. :)

We're still enjoying our internet spaceships, everything's much more positive since CCP's wakeup call last year so things are lookup up.

Not tempted to revisit Eve at all?

Interesting. What wake-up call? Just passing by and was curious.
Founder of AGONY

#18 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hey Spin, it's always good to hear from you, glad things are going well. :)

We're still enjoying our internet spaceships, everything's much more positive since CCP's wakeup call last year so things are lookup up.

Not tempted to revisit Eve at all?

They finally came out with barbie-dolls in space and it was broken!

Finally enough people actually did cancel all 4 of their accounts and CCP did a 100% turn around and is actually fixing ships and lag.

So far quite a few improvements.
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#19 Karasuma Akane

Karasuma Akane

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

You've missed a lot of Internet Spaceship Drama, Rells. :ph34r:

Basically, the summer expansion (Incarna) was all about Space Barbies and Microtransactions, and concurrent leakage of CCP internal memos about how 'Fearless' and 'Awesome' they are that were also derisive of players. But when you docked and actually tried using your avatar, the only place available was your rusty Minmatar Captain's Quarters which still managed to meltdown many people's graphic cards - which was forced on you by the surprise removal of ship spinning. CCP also apparently believed people were willing to pay $50 for 'designer' shirts (that only you could see, remember) - also, $80 Space Monocles. [Hence 'Monoclegate' being one of the overall names for the whole situation.] Meanwhile, not much of anything related to Spaceships was done. Inside information from (apparent) CCP dissenters indicated that future plans were heading further in the same direction. Many people saw this as the final straw of CCP abandoning EVE and only developing things that could be ported to World Of Darkness and/or heading down the slippery slope of money for in-game influencing items (a.k.a. Gold Ammo). Cue mass rioting in Jita, widespread unsubscribing, horribad PR in the gaming media, and complete silence from CCP about everything = numbers of users in game dropping precipitously, and CCP heading toward losing a lot of income at the exact time millions of dollars in loans were coming due...

The wake-up call probably came when CCP executives saw the trendlines and determined that ignoring the future of EVE was going to bankrupt their corporation. :lol: There was an emergency CSM summit, multiple developers and the CEO apologizing for making mistakes and being wrong and walking back the excesses, CCP practically abandoning work on World of Darkness (and EVE avatar stuff only including the other three Captains Quarters), a halt for the forseeable future of any more microtransactioning until it can be done right, pretty much 20% of CCP employees being let go (downsizing the company), and the CEO finally proclaiming that CCP was back in the spaceship business (as opposed to the sparkly vampire business) and future focus would be on Flying In Space and fixing broken stuff and iterating on abandoned features (*cough* factional warfare).

The recent expansion (Crucible) delivered on just that, with the CCP crew fixing a lot of the little things that had remained broken for years and making small improvements that could be done in the 2-3 months they had available, ship rebalancing (hybrids and AFs), adding tier 3 BCs, graphic upgrade (new ship skins and return of engine trails), and other stuff (including ship spinning). Ah, and the new head developer is apparently an actual competent and experienced manager in computer stuff and not one of the Fearless Awesome Icelandic insiders. ;)
Agony Unleashed: Combat, Combat Training, More Combat, Other (did we mention combat?)

Posted Image
Best Pony, Element of Magic, Princess of Science

#20 Silas

Silas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

and the CEO finally proclaiming that CCP was back in the spaceship business (as opposed to the sparkly vampire business)

Did you just compare WoD to Twilight? If you did you need to go spank yourself...

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#21 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

@Spin Nice to hear from you, buddy :) TOR has run its course for me. I only play sometimes once a week in a static group with coworkers. @Temp Nice video. The Lacrimosa song at the end though always reminds me of one of my favorite eve videos for getting hyped to play: It's all the added sound effects that do it for me. @Rells Long time no see. Still use Skype? Let's catch up.
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#22 rells

rells

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

@Rells

Long time no see. Still use Skype? Let's catch up.

Indeed I do. My name on Skype or AOL is "kraythe"

You've missed a lot of Internet Spaceship Drama, Rells. :ph34r:

Well that is interesting. It appears those of us talking about impending doom weren't so stupid after all. :) It sounds like they are starting to get their act in order, now if only they would reverse the care bearing of the game ....
Founder of AGONY

#23 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

*Snip* now if only they would reverse the care bearing of the game ....

Come back....perhaps we could get together on a roam and see if we can take care of that "problem" :P

#24 Gravecall

Gravecall

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

:blink: Rells!?!? Glad to see you're alive and well, hope life's been good since you left Eve. Although not an AU member, and I can understand why you quit, I still feel the need to 2nd Vjorn's plee that you come back. One-of-us-one-of-us-gooble-gobble-gooble-gobble... ;) Damn, and now I'm getting all nostalgaic about when I flew in AU classes and thinking about ECath and others... :(
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?66161]BASIC-150320080100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70928]WOLFPACKS-041920081900[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929.0]ADVANCED-050320081900[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?75136]CAPSUPPORT-070620081600[/link]

Currently gearing up and reading up for:

#25 rells

rells

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

That's nice of you guys but I don't know what I would do if I did come back. Sometimes I am tempted but least time I came back it didn't work out to well. Nothing against AGONY, they have just moved on since my day. They are still great folks and I think of them as friends but I am not one of them anymore in actuality or in spirit. Every now and then I get a PM from an AGONY member and come back to check it out and it gives me a chance to say hi. I have toyed at times with starting another corp but I don't know if I have the motivation to do so. Such a thing is a big investment in time. One thing I am delighted about, though, is that they have continued what I started, that many years after I formed AGONY it is still going strong even though I am not there anymore. There is something pretty cool about that. With all the comings and goings of alliances and organizations, few have lasted as long as AGONY.
Founder of AGONY