Photo

[CLOSED] PVP-BASIC: Eve Time: May 19th, 2007 @ 00:01 (Friday Night in North America)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Arancia Detto_*

Guest_Arancia Detto_*

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Arancia - Arancia Detto (FABUL) No Wars Corporate Account.

#52 Guest_Jekal Hyde_*

Guest_Jekal Hyde_*

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hello Dez, Please remove me from the attendee list for May 19th. I'm 5th on the list. Other family obligations have come up and I'll have to reschedule for another time. Thanks, and hope everyone has fun !!

#53 Guest_BuzzDog_*

Guest_BuzzDog_*

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

BuzzDog - BuzzDog (-ZERG) No wars

#54 Guest_Maddock Krug_*

Guest_Maddock Krug_*

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:31 AM

Maddock Krug - Maddock Krug (EMPIN) At war with: Br4ins The Kitty Sisterhood Svefn-G-Englar

#55 Dez

Dez

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:31 AM

**** CLASS CLOSED *** Enrollment updated, access granted. FABUL deducted three Basics.
Dez Erichs: "Veni, Vidi, Caedi"

#56 Guest_Sahura_*

Guest_Sahura_*

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

Sahura - Sahura (Agony Unleashed) No Wars (that I know of) Hey, I was enrolled in the last PVP-BASIC class, but scored concert tickets and went there instead. I'm real sorry about not be able to make it before, but the timing of this one (930am in Australia, rather than 330am) means I'll be able to enjoy it alot more and stay online for longer. Would it be possible for me to tag along with this class?

#57 Guest_Arancia Detto_*

Guest_Arancia Detto_*

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

I do not have access to the course topic. Thanks, Arancia Detto (FABUL)

#58 Guest_Red August_*

Guest_Red August_*

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

I cannot find the web page for the UI setup any more. Has is moved?

#59 Dez

Dez

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

UI Setup:

Configuring the Eve Client for PvP

Hrm... seems to be missing something.

Make sure all the boxes are checked, except for:

Pilot is in your gang
Pilot is in your corporation
Pilot is in your alliance
Pilot has high standing
Pilot has good standing

So that all pilots will show on the overview, except friendlies and blues.

#60 Guest_Margot_*

Guest_Margot_*

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

Is there any way i can sneak in on this class? I have my ship fitted from the class i missed.

#61 Desalus

Desalus
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the class tonight. Something came up at the last minute. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

#62 Guest_Underwolf69_*

Guest_Underwolf69_*

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

As Desalus has backed out, I would like to assume the open position in the training session if possible. |edit| Hmmm, blame it on too long without sleep, but I was seeing the 19th and missing entirely the 00:01 timeslot on FRIDAY night. D'oh! Just a point... in the future it might be better to have the eve-time and day match up a little better. 2359 Friday, 18th would have been so much more clear.

#63 Dez

Dez

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

I have a headache and am in a bitchy mood, however:

(rant)
The thread name has "Friday Night" in North America. There is a disclaimer at the top of the thread. You enrolled late. What more can I do? I never have any problems with students and GMT conversion except in North America. Why is this so? For Aussies / Asians, the class *is* Saturday. I can't hand-hold 30 people, I have enough things to do for the class. Why are you loading your own mistakes onto me?
(/rant)

We have students from all over the world. Converting to your own timezone is your own responsibility. I can suggest that you switch your Windows clock to GMT, at the class date and time, then switch the clock back to your timezone and it should be correct (unless Daylight Savings Time messes it up). Then reset your clock back again.

#64 TarSky

TarSky

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:23 AM

it's a very good thread about time zones .... here :> click me i'm a link .. and .. it's google.com if you like to find not only the time in a spacific zone of the world .. weather and other thinks :)) .. look and find your self or ask until is too late ....
bla bla .. who the !@#% is reading this

#65 CTec

CTec
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

Just to give some follow-up. I would ask you not bump the cost of the class up any because of my comments.... The class was worth it. For those who have not been on the winning side of an engagement this is a real boost to the experience. EMP has been War Dec by 3 much higher corps then ourselves. We really have no organized combat arm to defend ourselves. After being thru this class I'll pay for my corp mates to do the class just to get the experience. CTec Grad of BASIC-0519070001
BASIC-0519070001
WOLFPACKS-0206071800

#66 Dez

Dez

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

Lol, we already bumped the price up... :P

#67 BluOrange

BluOrange

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

Just to give some follow-up.

I would ask you not bump the cost of the class up any because of my comments....

The class was worth it. For those who have not been on the winning side of an engagement this is a real boost to the experience. EMP has been War Dec by 3 much higher corps then ourselves. We really have no organized combat arm to defend ourselves. After being thru this class I'll pay for my corp mates to do the class just to get the experience.

CTec

Grad of BASIC-0519070001

Thanks CTec!

As Dez mentioned, the prices rose fairly recently, and won't be going up again any time soon. We want the class to be affordable for new players. (Wolfpacks and Advanced are a different story, of course.)

If you're planning to send your whole corp through our training, you should consider setting up a corporate account, it gives you a fairly significant discount.

---

It's a wonderful thing to be innocent, cheerful, and killing people, all at the same time.

The artist formerly known as BlueOrange