Photo

Shocked

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Blakey

Blakey
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Never thought I'd see the day when Agony have half of null sec as blue, fight along side PL and fly BS. Not the Agony I knew and loved.

#2 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

We aren't blue with PL/DRF, but we do prioritize killing NC over killing PL/DRF. At the moment we are working actively with Merciless/NCdot because we get along well with them, and working together affords opportunities that don't exist working alone.

Also "fly BS"? We fly the ships that best serve the role we need, whether they be t1 frigs or supercaps. We've always taught this, and while we do encourage new players to start off in light ships because it's the best way to get started, that doesn't mean you should only fly light ships regardless of the situation.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#3 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

I don't know who you are or where you get your intel from, but Agony is certainly not blue to half of EVE nor is this the first time we have flown battleships. It has also been a fine tradition of Agony for a long time to do temp blues with many an alliance including PL if it provides quality PVP whereas others usually blue up people for reasons of safety and self preservation. Concluding, I am sorry you are disappointed, but I think your idea of what Agony is or should be isn't accurate, up to date or relevant for that matter. Edit: Even though the more I look back, the more I get the feeling we're being massively trolled, I'll let you in on another piece of shocking intel: we even fly caps these days. I know, right? What is this world coming to ...

Edited by DaDutchDude, 13 May 2011 - 10:32 PM.
Some added horrific shcok

"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#4 Azual

Azual

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Never thought I'd see the day when Agony have half of null sec as blue, fight along side PL and fly BS. Not the Agony I knew and loved.

I think that's a slight exaggeration. :P

Some things have changed, sure - but then Eve has changed. Fly around 0.0 these days, and the gangs you see are very different to what you might have seen a few years ago. The kind of things that worked well back then don't work so well now. Like anyone, we've had to adapt.

Part of that means, from time to time, we work with other people. Agony doesn't and will never blue people for security - the only reason we have blues now is because we're currently running regular joint ops with them (which without some kind of standings would be almost impossible).

A couple of months ago we had no blues, and were living in Curse flying frigs and battlecruisers. Now, we're here. Where will we be a few months down the line? Who knows! Variety is the spice of life and all that! ;)
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#5 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Oh, and for reference, this is what happens when Agony flies BS...

#6 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Also, this just in:

We are not blue to PL, and during a pretty one sided scrap with NC (battle report), PL confused an Agony Abaddon for an NC one (source)

The highlight was Shadoo raging over not being able to beat lanis lecrosis' tank (name is from memory) he was called primary 4 times and got reps at 20% armour every time.

For some reason the secondary and tertiary dropped much faster, but this dude refused to die. It turned out he was friendly, nice logi work AGONY, there was a good 50+ tengu shooting that baddon

Damn you PL nooblets, use that alliance ticker in the overview! :P ;)
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#7 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

...and please note the PRO agony looting in that video... (( WE DO IT ALL! )) ps - go away troll, shoo!
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#8 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

Just wanted to post in a troll thread, cuz I can. Any other intel you looking for?

#9 Los Lecrosis

Los Lecrosis

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

woot! i did think i was gonna die about 5 times there...
Posted Image

#10 Sarek Minyatar

Sarek Minyatar

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

woot! i did think i was gonna die about 5 times there...

Yeah I was wondering all the time why the f*** I was getting hit by missiles when we were shooting NC Maels and Abaddons...

#11 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

poasting in a yawn thread

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#12 Silas

Silas

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

One word... who?

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#13 Garulf Hirgon

Garulf Hirgon

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

Just wanted to post in a troll thread, cuz I can.

Posted Image

#14 Druur

Druur

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:08 AM

I'll let you in on another piece of shocking intel: we even fly caps these days. I know, right? What is this world coming to ...

Well? Where is the 'Carrier Basic' class? 'Dreads 101'?? I'm waiting!

...well, ok, it'll be a year before my cap pilot will be able to even mount any capital module, much less activate them.
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#15 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

I'll let you in on another piece of shocking intel: we even fly caps these days. I know, right? What is this world coming to ...

Well? Where is the 'Carrier Basic' class? 'Dreads 101'?? I'm waiting!

...well, ok, it'll be a year before my cap pilot will be able to even mount any capital module, much less activate them.

We are operating those classes already, just bring your capitol to K3J at planet 1 and ask for assistance in local :P
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#16 Granger

Granger

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

Not the Agony I knew and loved.

You only have yourself to blame. If it was so important to you, you would have stayed/joined* and ensured you shaped our future, such that the corp remained in the past.

I love where we are.

* = delete as appropriate

+1 posting in LOL Troll thread :)
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#17 Varius

Varius

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

Feel free to put in an app, sir. Your way of thinking is the progressive, fresh outlook we need.

#18 Blakey

Blakey
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Sorry guys, didn't mean it to sound like a troll I'm just cheesed off at my own Agony preconceptions. If I'd looked into Agony deeper and seen this side I would've tried to join you instead of MH. Flown in a few of your classes as Azgard Majik (couldn't remember my login details so created a new one) and had great fun and without you I would never have PVP'd let alone move to null sec. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

#19 Granger

Granger

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

If I'd looked into Agony deeper and seen this side I would've tried to join you instead of MH.

Feel free to put in an app, sir. Your way of thinking is the progressive, fresh outlook we need.

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#20 Jev

Jev

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

I'm shocked too - shocked that the nullbear empire building naptrain went so far to making 0.0 a boring place than even an organization as apolitical as Agony would put the boot in. We're looking out for our own interest, which is vibrant 0.0 pvp. Tranquility may end up with a nullsec bluefest as bad as the Chinese server but at least we can say we stood against it. And if the north ends up populated 100% by Russian bots they'd be more likely to provide good fights and intelligent local chatter than the current residents.

#21 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

We're looking out for our own interest, which is vibrant 0.0 pvp. Tranquility may end up with a nullsec bluefest as bad as the Chinese server but at least we can say we stood against it. And if the north ends up populated 100% by Russian bots they'd be more likely to provide good fights and intelligent local chatter than the current residents.

This pretty sums up my view. At least the Russians fight with even odds.

#22 Blakey

Blakey
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Is this how the NC is seen? It is difficult to see when you're just 1 amongst several thousands and play the game with friends that you'll keep for life. I only joined MH cos they had lot of UK/EU TZ players. I respect Agony and if this is how you feel about the North then I am ashamed.

#23 Jev

Jev

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Yes and no, I mean I know there's tons of great guys in the NC, I just think the whole thing's gone too far, whether that be because of human nature in finding safety in numbers/the pernicious influence of tech and RMT/whatever one chooses to believe.

#24 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

My thoughts about the NC are that there are a bunch of great pilots and individuals. The only problem I have is that they seem to be tied up with a huge organization which encourages stagnation and blobbing.

#25 Blakey

Blakey
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yea, suppose. It just doesn't feel like that. But I guess you are all bored of this post by now and would like to put an end to it. I have left EVE due to health reasons and not sure why I posted on here; probably cos the best gaming experience I've had was the Basic Class roam FC'd by Caldak or maybe cos I feel at home here. I should be concentrating on other thing but it is difficult to leave EVE. Clearly I'm no good at trolling as I didn't even know I was doing it myself. I wish I'd flown with Agony. Time to end this, bye all and fly on the wild side.