#1 Carver

Carver

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Devblog Linky

TL;DR
Jump-drive capable ships no longer eligible to use the bridge
One bridge per system
Fuel changes

I like it. Seems like they put some thought into the adjustments. Too much? Too little? Weigh in.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#2 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

Good start and the things they are apparently looking at from the end of the Dev Blog shows they have probably learned a few things from Dominion.
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#3 Los Lecrosis

Los Lecrosis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

"fuel changes" does this mean it uses MORE fuel, so that fewer people can go through?
Posted Image

#4 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

"fuel changes" does this mean it uses MORE fuel, so that fewer people can go through?

"We will be limiting the number of jumpbridges you can have in a system to one, while upping the fuelbay to 30.000 (3x) to avoid suicide among players who do logistics."

I don't see anything about increasing usage, just that the bays will be larger.

#5 Los Lecrosis

Los Lecrosis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

lol "to avoid suicide" from logi players they will need to do a LOT more. I.e: 1. Increase JF capacity and jump range and allow JF cyno jumping into highsec 2. half the price of JFs 3. Allow batch sell orders with different items to avoid 8 million clicks per jita visit (should also help with lag) I can think of a few more things but, meh... im being a whiner.. however, every time i undock in the JF, suicide is imminent. Los
Posted Image

#6 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

lol "to avoid suicide" from logi players they will need to do a LOT more.

I.e:

1. Increase JF capacity and jump range and allow JF cyno jumping into highsec
2. half the price of JFs
3. Allow batch sell orders with different items to avoid 8 million clicks per jita visit (should also help with lag)

I can think of a few more things but, meh... im being a whiner..

however, every time i undock in the JF, suicide is imminent.

Los

Also they need to be able to jump to any station you have jump clone or office at from inside the station without undocking so long as you have enough fuel in your hold. Also it should be free to jump to jita 4-4 station
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#7 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

NC tears are hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 Luzxz

Luzxz

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

oh god the amount of tears is amazing personally i think its a great change for smaller pvp and for those people whining about ganks thats what scouts are for

Posted Image

"Just because we like playing dress up like The Sims or Second Life doesn't mean we won't kill you and take your ISK. YARRRR!!"

#9 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

A great quote from Kugu: "CCP has made me impotent. Never again will I be able to sustain an erection as potent as the one I am currently sporting unless greater and greater amounts of tears can be harvested." :lol:
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#10 Mystique Raven

Mystique Raven

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

Supercaps will not be as safe... To keep them in a cyno jammed system people will have to take down the jammer to get in. Also the just doubled the cost of something fairly expensive without saying it since you will now need two times the sov upgrades interesting change...

#11 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Well, the tldr version gave me a bit of an "oh, that was dumb" moment, but the full blog fixed it. Was thinking black ops should be exempt from the "no bridge for you, mister jump drive-haver"... And they are. Shortest lived concern ever.

#12 Varius

Varius

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Well I posted a light-hearted troll on some other forum about this and got flamed... seems like this change is hitting a nerve. Up until now I haven't really bothered working out the JB map, but there are going to be hundreds of new places to gank people with these changes.

#13 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have to say, these changes are exciting to me. It'll reduce the speed of response fleets, give us more chances to get kills, and force people to make more of an effort to maintain a network. To me, anything that promotes conflict is a good thing. It is funny to read the comments and see all the NC tears.

#14 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Well I posted a light-hearted troll on some other forum about this and got flamed... seems like this change is hitting a nerve.

Up until now I haven't really bothered working out the JB map, but there are going to be hundreds of new places to gank people with these changes.

link? :D

#15 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

I read a good article on this in January at Fiddler's Edge, and an I-told-you-so article today. He observes that an unintended consequence of the JB nerf will be that Supercaps are even more powerful than they are now. So rather than helping out the little guy with his subcap fleets, it will help the giant alliances with their massive supercap fleets. Good reads:

http://fiddlersedge....rrier-buff.html

http://fiddlersedge....al-economy.html

This guy is one of the better meta analysts of New Eden. The posts made me think twice.

#16 Oli Geist

Oli Geist

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

Up until now I haven't really bothered working out the JB map, but there are going to be hundreds of new places to gank people with these changes.

link? :D

Here: http://nc-jb-map.appspot.com/ . I'm pretty sure it's in another thread but I can't remember where; that link was from FHC. You can see both why the NC are complaining so bitterly, and why many consider the one-per-system change necessary.

I'm smiling at all the tears and hyperbole in the E-O comments, though I do have a faint niggling feeling that the Sov-holders are so vehement they may have (a bit of) a point, and they should get some benefit to holding the space. But then I see the whining about having to use gates at all to travel and swing back to "screw 'em - let the networks burn, so they can experience what the rest of us go through!"

I'm especially confused by the JF moans - why would they go through bridges in the first place? Surely the first word is the operative one here, and stations are no longer rare in Sov space (heck, we built one somewhat on a whim) for midpoint use. Am I missing something?

#17 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

I thought JFs used bridges so they don't have to have a cyno chain. They can just warp from bridge to bridge and do logistics without being exposed to a possible gatecamp. I would think it is trickier to camp a JB at a POS than a stargate.

#18 Mystique Raven

Mystique Raven

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Also jfs use a bridge to get inop cyno jammed systems.... So those well stocked markets in cyno jammed systems will require a bit more risk

#19 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

This is all my fault. First I joined up with BDEAL and then they nerfed the anoms (BDEAL has no good trusec systems). Then I finally figured out this whole NC / Test / Goon / BDEAL jump bridge network thing .... and they nerf jump bridges the next day. WARNING: I am training up for a Rapier next, expect them to be nerfed next week. Here... drink from this cup... it is full of my carebear tears.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#20 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

\o Toterra You should buy a Supercarrier and/or Titan ... B)

#21 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

\o Toterra

You should buy a Supercarrier and/or Titan ... B)

I will accept any and all donations ;)
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#22 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

WARNING: I am training up for a Rapier next, expect them to be nerfed next week.

Nothing to worry about, Rapiers have been nerfed for ages!
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#23 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I'd be lying if I said I weren't enjoying these NC tears. Good lord, you benefit from one of the most glaring example of game imbalance in recent history (tech moons) and then a pretty minor jump bridge change comes along and all of a sudden the sky is falling.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#24 Varius

Varius

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

The most repeated phrases I've seen are: 1. "Why make it even harder for people to live in 0.0 if you want people to move there?" 2. "The only people for this change are those who don't even hold sov, and PL faggots." 3. "How do you expect people to do logistics with these changes?" 4. "CCP are full of Russian sympathisers!" 5. "How do you expect us to defend our space?" I can't speak for the fourth one (but I do think it'll be over by the time these changes are fully implemented), but last I checked Agony have been doing logistics and moving around 0.0 without jump bridges for years. And this change affects us almost as directly as it affects sov holders. In effect, this is a buff to NPC 0.0, albeit a small one. One good suggestion I saw a few months ago was to make jump bridges use heaps of CPU and PG so you could only fit maybe a few small guns or some EW to POSes, making it much easier for small gangs to fight on them. That would have been great, but any change is welcome.

#25 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

#4 is trivial to disprove. Tech. Done :)
"Stop exploding you cowards!"