DO NOT PAY
ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THIS CLASS BEING FREE... DO NOT PAY!!!!!
Class will be Saturday, April 16 with the roam on Sunday, April 17, both days at 16:00 eve time.
Introduction - Wolfpacks Thrasher pwnmobile Edition
You've asked, you've begged and the long awaited Wolfpacks class is finally here again. Skrewed and some of the guys got together and completely overhauled the class material and we're trying out a very different approach than in the past. This is the class where you put on the big girl panties and get serious, as such, there are some additional terms and conditions though for this class:
- You must fly one of the thrasher fits listed below.
- You must not have any qualms about losing your ship or your pod during the class or roam. During the class there will be live fire exercises and you very possibly will lose your ship. (Using the cheap T1 fit with no rigs for the class portion and then switching to the pwnmobile t2 fit for the roam is not a problem.)
- No bitching, whining, PM's or posts complaining about item 1 or 2. We really don't give a rats ass that you only fly _____ (insert whatever race) of ships or that you lost your ship.
- Those that can't follow rule 3 will be ejected from class, shot and podded. Are you getting the message that this is an all thrasher class and we aren't particularly concerned if you don't like it?
- All the above apply to Alumni that are coming on the roam too.
While this class is called Wolfpacks it's really more of a how to survive in null-sec class. For the class itself, we'll cover bookmarking techniques, scanning & recon, bubble mechanics, gang bonuses and some tackling/skirmish basics. This class will not cover ship fittings (they've been given to you). On the roam you'll understand why I've called it the pwnmobile--just watch the destructive force of 80-100 ships not much bigger than a frigate with an 800-1266 alpha strike can do.
Thrashers are pwnmobiles. The T1 fit takes about 3 days for a brand new character to fly and the T2 is about 3 weeks. Please come in the T1 fit thrasher (leave the rigs off too) for the class portion. It's possible we will be doing some live fire exercises and you could lose your ship during the class. Agony will have a supply of both the T1 and T2 fits in our station up on contract (around jita prices) so you can reship and don't have to bring a bunch of stuff to class.
There are a couple of other reasons for limiting this class to thrashers. First, we didn't want this class to be about ships but about techniques. Second, we wanted a fit that would handle a class of 50-80 well, we wanted some range flexibility and we wanted flexibility in fitting any of the listed ewar modules in the last mid-slot. Are there better solo, gank or snipe fits? Definitely. But this class takes the pack concept even further and while there are better specialized fits, we really wanted to focus on a general fleet concept.
Will all your Wolfpacks classes from now on be all thrashers? Too soon to tell. This is a major change-up of our Wolfpacks class and we look at both your feedback and our own internal assessments of how things went. We will talk in the class though about why "designed" or "concept" fleets can be so amazingly effective.
Why is there an empty mid slot? You took basic right? What went in the mid slots first? The T1 and T2 mid-slot ewar modules are listed below the fits. Just like in basic class, we'll balance out what people have fitted before the fleet heads out.
Live Fire - You're going to shoot at me? Quite possibly, get over it. Don't bring the +5 implant clone and use the t1 fit without rigs for the class portion. Compared to Basic class, this one is much more hands on actually trying things out. By removing all the stuff on ship fittings, we can really focus on tactics and strategies.
How To Enroll
Processing enrollment takes a decent amount of time that instructors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS
- Course Code:WOLFPACKS-20110416
- Required Courses:
- Required Skills:
- Propulsion Jamming 3+
- Afterburner 3+
- Destroyer 3+
- Sensor Linking 3+
- Small Projectile Turret 3+
- Weapon Upgrades 3+
- Engineering 3+
- Electronics 3+
- Long Range Targeting 3+
- Navigation 3+
- Warp Drive Operation 3+
- High Speed Maneuvering 3+
- Evasive Maneuvering 3+
- Required Preparation:
- Study the Agony Unleashed Rules of Engagement.
- Read all course materials in PVP-WOLFPACKS category
- Buy and fit at least 2 thrashers using the fits below and move them to the class location prior to the course. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
- Come on our Teamspeak server before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
- Access to course material will be granted one week before class.
- Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-WOLFPACKS and topic
- Cost: 30m isk per pilot
- Course Code: WOLFPACKS-20110416
- Duration: Expect 5-6 hrs for class, roam 3 hrs till whenever the FC calls it.
- Meeting Location: Stacmon V - Impro Factory
- Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
- Instructor: Cr8rmakr/Corywyn/TBD
- Fleet Commander: TBA
- Course Cashier: Please send the course fee directly to the "Agony Unleashed" Corporation, and use the course code in the transfer.
- Minimum Enrollment: 30
- Maximum Enrollment: 60
- Enrollment Deadline: 7 Days before the start of the course.
Make sure you are prepared for the course and have arrived ahead of time. Instructors will not wait for late or unprepared students. Instructors will assume you have read the materials and if you haven't you will be lost very quickly.
Follow the following pattern to enroll:
AGONY_SITE_DISPLAY_NAME - PILOT NAME (CORP TICKER)
Bamar - Christina Bamar (AGONY)
If you chose to be creative, sloppy, use different brackets, put in your pilot name twice or anything else like that we will not process your enrollment and you will have to try again.
Enrollment Info :
- Confirmed and Paid students:
- AGONY Students:
- Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
- Crazy Kalibanov - Crazy Kalibanov (GRTP)
- Kaan - Threyer Kaan (VI)
- Major 7th - Major 7th (OoP)
- Mangala Solaris - Mangala Solaris (B-REP)
- AkJon Ferguson - AkJon Ferguson (FERGY)
- Llyd - Llyd ApDicta (STPRO*)
- Safran Foer - Safran Foet (MAADI)
- Baia - Baialein (BAIA)
- JSB-plague antidote(ZFLT)
- Orangebeardo - Orangebeardo (T1337)
- Algorton - Algorton (AFUSE)
- Talis Mahn - Talis Mahn (B.U.D)
- qwertz_fan - Melina Lin (UFROG)
- bormand - bormand (GRTP)
- otto kama - otto kama (pig-i)
- sarek_m - Sarek Minyatar (EDGAR)
- Zorbolt - Zorbolt (ZSS)
- JeraeCarnelian - Jerae Carnelian (EDROP)
- Challenger70 - Challenger70 (PROW)
- McReaper - McReaper (FT100)
- Hjerre - Hjerre (DVS1)
- DocD - Doc Drackken (B*)
- Knythawk - Knythawk (A)
- Vora - Vora Dumem (R-FED)
- not properly registered:
- Awaiting Confirmation of Payment:
- c0pycut - c0pycut (DSUNS)
- Clementina - Clementina (TS)
- Kann Du – Kann Du (TSUNS)
- Konigstein - Konigstein Vonheise (.IBM.)
- Lex Novae - Lex Novae (TS)
- Marcis - Marcis Alexander(.IBM.)
- Mor Wihn - Mor Wihn (DJVH)
- mylock Mylock Miannapan (SOSW)
- Ninyn Taq - Ninyn Taq (RION)
- Remakot'bo - Rem (PLA)
- USnameri - USnameri (E-UNI)
- Yankunytjatjara - Yankunytjatjara, BREP
- Zophoo - Zophoo [GRTP]
- Ajax Smith - Ajax Smith (IL
- Anopheles - Anopheles Leet (EFRON)
- Aquapig - Sam Brazier (TCGC)
- Arkturus - Arkturus Windstar (N232)
- Ashred - Ashred Evanalan (R-FED)
- Babylon Black - Babylon Black [AIEU]
- Bryant21 - Bryant21 (IRS .)
- BustoutBuffy - Bustout Buffy (RF-SA)
- Crash69 - Crash69 (JNAUT)
- Davidus - Davidus Julius (.IBM.)
- Djevick - Trendrox(UKC )
- Fitz VonHeise - Gortech (.IBM.)
- Gath - Gath Ra'nan (E-UNI)
- Genevensis - Genevensis (Dsuns)
- Gerard_Butler - Matt Horner (SYN.S)
- GrabielleSerra - Grabielle Serra (B-REP)
- Impregnator - Impregnator (LE
- industrial oblitorator
- Ingelo - Ingeloakastimizliam (T.N.C)
- Kivena - Kiriyan Vhaal (CRIEN)
- Kyt Thrace - Kyt Thrace [L E]
- Leiro San - Leiro San (ABS-8)
- lordapofis - LoRDa RaMOs [PH.DS]
- Mahoosiv - Mahoosiv (BG)
- MajorFloor - Major Floor (127AA)
- Morgen StM - Morgen Stmichael (CP)
- Necr0n 99 – Necr0n 99 (GRTP)
- Opusmind – Opusmind (iSTRP)
- Otto Jaeger - Otto Jaeger (TAX-D)
- Putrudius - Putrudius (SSAL)
- Roevhalt - Roevhalt (iSTRP)
- Saelyre - Saelyre (BSEN)
- Saraell Tellon - Saraell tellon (TCGC-)
- Shamfor - Shamfor (EDROP)
- Silver Chair - Silver Chair (EDROP)
- snoldier - snoldier(SETRE)
- Sphyrnidae - Sphyrnidae (AFUSE)
- Spyker - Sypher Spyker (BLC96)
- Taita Rama - Nikita Bordova (L E)
- Talr Shiar - Talr Shiar (AODE)
- Teleris - Teleria Valthis (SSAL)
- Tesl'a - Tesl'a (PTS)*
- tom_vek - Tom Vek (L E)
- Totshiessemann - Totshiessemann (R-FED)
- TradeUp - Kathr (CLANN)